DFW

RallyeRedHatch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Sport Hatchback
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
How many people from DFW in here? Post where you're from and what you're driving!

I just came from the FRS/BBRZRZ/86 group. I had a Vortech powered 2013 Firestorm Rocket Bunny FRS. It was a good car, just a money pit...

My name is Joe and I'm in McKinney with the 2017 Rallye Red Sport Hatchback 6MT

Honda Civic 10th gen DFW FB_IMG_1487338915987
Honda Civic 10th gen DFW 20170212_011411

Last edited:

Steven H

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback EX
Hey. Im a little east of there. Work in a little town called Leonard. I have a white hatch ex that I drive to work sometimes.

OP
OP
RallyeRedHatch

RallyeRedHatch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Hey. Im a little east of there. Work in a little town called Leonard. I have a white hatch ex that I drive to work sometimes.
I know where Leonard is...my sister and her husband live in Trenton on 121...I'm down in McKinney

Daneko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback - Sport
Yo Sonic Gray Pearl Sport Hatchback here in Fort Worth. You got any mods planned for yours?

OP
OP
RallyeRedHatch

RallyeRedHatch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Yo Sonic Gray Pearl Sport Hatchback here in Fort Worth. You got any mods planned for yours?
I'm about to jump onto the PRL Down/Mid-Pipe Pre-order and I'm going to be using the K-Tuner V2 and VitViper for tuning. I haven't figured out what to do for suspension, but thinking of some Tein H-tech springs, as I don't want to be down on the ground again, just take up some fender gap....I may upgrade to the CRV turbo and a less quit recirculation valve. I'm not wanting to go all out again like I did with my FRS. I think this car, with 230-250/250 would be perfect for daily driving

Quicksipper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16' EX-T, 05' LX
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Justin Tx here, going with a tune and Vit CVT sedan... maybe turbo in the future who knows not CRV though. I'm undecided if I want to just trade in for Si since CVTs are kinda bleh so I may wait on all the other stuff. but for sure a tune, I could always just switch over.

OP
OP
RallyeRedHatch

RallyeRedHatch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Justin Tx here, going with a tune and Vit CVT sedan... maybe turbo in the future who knows not CRV though. I'm undecided if I want to just trade in for Si since CVTs are kinda bleh so I may wait on all the other stuff. but for sure a tune, I could always just switch over.
I guess I was lucky finding a manual transmission sport hatch just sitting on a dealer's lot (had been there a week, but only 7 miles on it)...from what I hear, the turbo in the Si is the same part number as the CRV turbo, but that's just rumor. And for the price increase to an Si (I think MSRP is ~$30) I can get more HP and still have some change left over...albeit no LSD or Si trim...but I can live with that...I'm not building a racecar...

davidgostbo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Ex-t 2016
Country flag
Anyone with a Hondata living in DFW area? Mind if we can meet up so y'all can tune my car ;)

OP
OP
RallyeRedHatch

RallyeRedHatch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Anyone with a Hondata living in DFW area? Mind if we can meet up so y'all can tune my car ;)

is the Flashpro like most tuning solutions and "married" to one car at a time?

Quicksipper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16' EX-T, 05' LX
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I guess I was lucky finding a manual transmission sport hatch just sitting on a dealer's lot (had been there a week, but only 7 miles on it)...from what I hear, the turbo in the Si is the same part number as the CRV turbo, but that's just rumor. And for the price increase to an Si (I think MSRP is ~$30) I can get more HP and still have some change left over...albeit no LSD or Si trim...but I can live with that...I'm not building a racecar...
I had to get a new car in 2016, my 05' Civic was literally on its last leg, and there were no manuals in 2016.. plus I was geeking at the new design. my first CVT and it's not bad but I'd like to learn stick and feel the difference... but the main thing is you guys with the MT can push your car alot further. I know VIT says CVT can probably handle 210-220 tq and with an upgrades turbo he's working on, 250 HP that sounds pretty good to me.

OP
OP
RallyeRedHatch

RallyeRedHatch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I had to get a new car in 2016, my 05' Civic was literally on its last leg, and there were no manuals in 2016.. plus I was geeking at the new design. my first CVT and it's not bad but I'd like to learn stick and feel the difference... but the main thing is you guys with the MT can push your car alot further. I know VIT says CVT can probably handle 210-220 tq and with an upgrades turbo he's working on, 250 HP that sounds pretty good to me.
Yeah, 260 in the FRS was really expensive (200whp NA, you need e85 tune, header back exhaust, no cats, aluminum drive shaft, etc) it cost me about 4 grand just to hit the 200 mark on that car. And another $3500 to get to 260....so I'm glad I don't have to over spend with this car...hopefully.

From what I hear, and I need to get a baseline dyno done, is the 1.5t is underrated on paper by Honda. idk, we'll see...but I won't start modifying until April or May.

I came from a 2002 WRX (Only had 128,000 miles) and it's night and day. The Civic is so much smoother and the clutch is lighter. I feel this clutch would be great for a beginner/inexperienced person. Best of all, no old ass car sounds...or smells....lol

Quicksipper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16' EX-T, 05' LX
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Yeah, 260 in the FRS was really expensive (200whp NA, you need e85 tune, header back exhaust, no cats, aluminum drive shaft, etc) it cost me about 4 grand just to hit the 200 mark on that car. And another $3500 to get to 260....so I'm glad I don't have to over spend with this car...hopefully.

From what I hear, and I need to get a baseline dyno done, is the 1.5t is underrated on paper by Honda. idk, we'll see...but I won't start modifying until April or May.

I came from a 2002 WRX (Only had 128,000 miles) and it's night and day. The Civic is so much smoother and the clutch is lighter. I feel this clutch would be great for a beginner/inexperienced person. Best of all, no old ass car sounds...or smells....lol
that is a ridiculous amount of money!

yeah.. that's what they are saying. i'll go with what Vit tells me I'm making...probably wont dyno since its hard to dyno CVTs, everyone comes up with different numbers anyways. that FRS is a beauty tho!!!

Steven H

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback EX
I'd suggest test driving a cvt turbo first. Put it in sport mode and hammer it. The thing will flat scoot. And a hondata tune and a PRL motorsport downpipe and front pipe. Bet that would be close to even with a new SI.

OP
OP
RallyeRedHatch

RallyeRedHatch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
So dropped my car off for XPEL Clear Paint Protection Film last Monday morning...im a rock chip magnet, so before i got my first chip, i decided to get the whole nose done (Bumper, headlamps, full hood, full fenders, a pillars, and 1/3 roof)...Nate over at NTX Clear Bra in Plano did an excellent job....

In other news, going to PRT Performance in Lewisville today to go get a baseline dyno done. I will post the results this evening.

Also got a 360° (almost) dash cam setup in the mail last night, hopefully be able to do a quick install this morning to test it out.
Sponsored