DFW windshield tint recommendations

davidgostbo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Ex-t 2016
Country flag
Yeah yeah I know it’s illegal but a lot of people on Tesla forums have been doing it and I want it. But problem is everyone on the Tesla forums who’ve done their windshields are somewhere from Cali even though it’s illegal over there too.

So do you guys know any shops that do windshield tints around the dfw area cause every shop I’ve called refuses to tint it, they will use air 80 or 3m crystalline but I don’t want that. I was thinking llumar formulaone stratos 70%.

Thanks!
Sponsored

TypeSiR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1.5T Civic, Fit, MX-5, CTR
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Not sure about DFW, but the 3M Crystalline and Llmar FormulaOne cost the same in SoCal. But the 3M (70%) is slightly better in heat rejection. But unfortunately, 70% is too dark for the windshield. I usually go with 90% Crystalline and it works quite well rejecting summer heat and staying clear of law enforcement eyes. I've done that for several cars without catching any unwanted attention. Good luck!

https://multimedia.3m.com/mws/media/662303O/3mtm-crystalline-automotive-window-films-brochure.pdf

spacegg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 FK8 #739 & '20 FK7 (me) & '24 Seqouia (wifey)
Country flag
Yeah yeah I know it’s illegal but a lot of people on Tesla forums have been doing it and I want it. But problem is everyone on the Tesla forums who’ve done their windshields are somewhere from Cali even though it’s illegal over there too.

So do you guys know any shops that do windshield tints around the dfw area cause every shop I’ve called refuses to tint it, they will use air 80 or 3m crystalline but I don’t want that. I was thinking llumar formulaone stratos 70%.

Thanks!
Give Tritek in Garland a holla. I forget what brand, but they did ceramic 70% on my front with a dark banner on top. (the contrast gives the illusion of no tint on bottom). Legal % ceramic on the all the other windows. I was the 1st Type R they ever tinted, and ive been lovin it since 7/17. Never had ceramic before, and it blocks more heat than any other tint ive ever had
Sponsored