Detailing help

Farcry1010

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Country flag
You'd be surprised...definitely could tell the difference on our new civic. Put hand in plastic bag and run over before and after clay sections; always something in paint.
Agree but did you wash the car with a good 'car wash soap'? Then use a quality polymer sealant (which does have some polish cut to it) at least the product I mentioned Menzerna and someone else also did. If you did the'plastic wrap test' you would not be able to tell the difference (at least if I did the job). I've been detailing old and new cars for 30 years and I never used a clay bar on a new car.
Sponsored

Budgetplan1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Subaru WRX, 2016 Civic Coupe, 2004 Corvette,
Agree but did you wash the car with a good 'car wash soap'? Then use a quality polymer sealant (which does have some polish cut to it) at least the product I mentioned Menzerna and someone else also did. If you did the'plastic wrap test' you would not be able to tell the difference (at least if I did the job). I've been detailing old and new cars for 30 years and I never used a clay bar on a new car.
Washed first w/ WG Auto Bathe, then Iron-X, wash again then used fine Nanoskin mitt and could definitely tell the difference between clayed panel and section I hadn't got to yet.

For the little time it takes to decon using a clay mitt don't see any reason not to clay. Then polish, panel wipe and Kamikaze Miyabi x 2, Kamikaze ISM x 1. Maintain monthly with Kamikaze Overcoat and occasional Gyeon Wet coat and the car pretty much keeps itself clean spring/summer/fall. Actually look forward to heavy spring & summer rainshowers cuz it saves me the trouble of washing the car.