Detail Recommendations for White Orchid Pearl?

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Touring - White Orchid Pearl
Country flag
2018 Honda Civic Touring, White Orchid Pearl here. I live in NE Florida. Bought brand new in October. 3,000 miles on it now. I should have thought of this sooner, but I'm curious about if y'all have recommendations on particular detail work I could/should have on my vehicle. I love the that "luster" that the White Orchid Pearl has -- especially at dusk and dark -- so I would not want any kind of detailing or treatment that would dampen that effect. My main goal would be to protect the paint and minimize any damage from long term wear and tear, daily freeway driving, the frequent rains of Florida summers, humidity etc. At home, I park in a subterranean garage, at work, it's just sitting out there in the sun all day.

I don't have a particular budget in mind, but under $1k would be preferable.
Sponsored

eightnot8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Type-R 18, Acura RSX 04
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
There’s plenty of product that you can apply to your car’s paint to protect it from the elements. Companies like Chemical Guys, Adam’s Polishes, Meguiar’s etc. make good products. You would need to look at ceramic coatings, carbon flex coatings, waxes and sealants. There’s a lot of prep work that needs to be done to the paint before applying these products. These products have a limited life span, some last a few months to a year or so, you need to reapply if you want to keep your paint protected. You can have a professional do it but it can get very costly.

jgreen16

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic EX Hatch, 1990 Chevrolet C1500
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
For my WOP sedan, I used Chemical Guys Clean Slate to wash the car and remove all of the old wax, etc. then washed it once more with my regular wash product, CG Citrus Wash & Gloss. After that I went over the entire car with a clay bar.

Once the clay bar process was complete, I polished the car with CG White Light, which they describe as a Hybrid radiant finish that is perfect for white and light colored cars. Once the polishing was complete, I sealed it with CG Jet Seal.

For wax, I have used both Collinite 845 and CG 5050 in the past. The Collinite is a liquid wax, whereas the 5050 is a paste wax. I've been happy with both products.

ryry

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatch Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Get the car wrapped in a film. These cars are like peeling a hard boiled egg. Best thing you can do to protect the paint.
I wish I had done when I first bought it cause my paint has gotten so many rock chips
Sponsored