DEPO type R full LED headlights releasing

360glitch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Accord Sport 2.0T, 2017 Si Sedan (Sold), 2017 Sport Hatchback (Sold)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Aside from the instant on, what's the advantage of LED's?

I just put HID's in my projectors and its 6000+ lumens of light blasting down the road. It's unbelievably bright and wide. I'm casting shadows on cars 4 lanes over.

As far as I understand it, LED's would give a good even spread but without a pinpoint source and good focusing, still lags behind HID's in range.
LEDs have a certain "cool factor" of course but I agree, I am getting plenty of output from my HIDs.
Sponsored

MikeyMcFly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T
Country flag
I'm curious on these as well.. I received a call earlier from a rep checking if I was having any issues and satisfied with my purchase of the smoked side markers. He then went on to say the Depo LED headlights will be out soon. I can't remember if the guy said they will be out in a few month or information will be available. Other than that, he said everything OP mentioned (Price around $500, plug & play, identical style to the Touring & Type-R).
Can't wait for these Touring headlights to come out. Keep us updated if you hear anything.

The OEM Touring headlamps on ebay is over $1300!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Genuine-OEM...3948107&pid=100033&rk=2&rkt=6&sd=192041023909

Acey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Coupe Si HFP
Country flag
Aside from the instant on, what's the advantage of LED's?
In this context, there is no advantage. Absolutely zero. These, or the OEM LED for Si/Touring, are shit output compared to a proper HID retro setup.

Mind you, there are vehicles with good OEM LED setups, but the Civic is nowhere near being on that list.

Shankmeyster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Holy shit, I just took a look at some prices on DEPO's for the halogen versions and the prices are almost at OEM levels. WTF?

CrznErick

First Name
Erick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 FJ Cruiser / 2017 Honda Civic EX Hatchback
Holy shit, I just took a look at some prices on DEPO's for the halogen versions and the prices are almost at OEM levels. WTF?
Ha for real? I wonder which lights are their pricey ones? Post a link as I want to check it out.

I think I am going to pull the trigger on these when the time comes. I asked them to put me on their wait list and they sent me this Overall, it seems the output is similar to the halogen projectors
what do you guys think?

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 civic hb sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Wow so they lied about being 500?

Shankmeyster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
It looks like it's all about where you look. Newegg has them for a reasonable price. The LED versions aren't out yet.

LeSpp1985

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic 2016 EL
Country flag
My Xenon Set-up (Osram Xenarc 6500K) is getting a lot more output than these LEDs. They look cool though, but not useful for me.

dandOy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 civic ex-t, 2009 civic ex-L, rsx type-s
Country flag
how bout this? what do u guys think?

Honda Civic 10th gen DEPO type R full LED headlights releasing Screenshot_20170818-024836

Shankmeyster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
If they run with the red like in the first picture, they are illegal and you could get felony impersonation if you run them. If they are just have the basic halos like the 2nd picture then your ok.

keyshawn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda ex
If they run with the red like in the first picture, they are illegal and you could get felony impersonation if you run them. If they are just have the basic halos like the 2nd picture then your ok.

I just want to say i love the design of the LED lights on the civic, I sometimes go back and forth on if I should have gotten the touring, Instead of the EX-T in (Canada model ).

I found a link on Alibaba that sells the headlights, I am just reading up on the difference in head lights so, take a look and tell me what you guys think. Unlike Depo they sell the head lights in pairs from what i am seeing.

https://www.aliexpress.com/wholesal...xt=civic+led+head+lights&productId=2011896745
Sponsored