DEPO LED Lights

samaximuss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Passat
Country flag
Have any of you guys ordered these DEPO lights?

https://m.ebay.com/itm/DEPO-Full-LE...rentrq:a9357f8a1650ab4530abbe0dfff9f8da|iid:1

I ordered them and trying to find out if anyone has had any issues with moisture, etc? I have a friend of mine who works on headlights and contemplating in asking him to redo the seals on mine just in case as he uses good material.

Here some more info, not sure if this will provide more details

Honda Civic 10th gen DEPO LED Lights 0CE9B514-881F-4D1C-A435-226B2325E3B6

Honda Civic 10th gen DEPO LED Lights 50B83ECC-04B4-4E46-800B-5F6AF23A4F2A

Honda Civic 10th gen DEPO LED Lights BB53083E-F83C-4A67-A70C-DA6D5530B11F

360glitch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Accord Sport 2.0T, 2017 Si Sedan (Sold), 2017 Sport Hatchback (Sold)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
DEPO is a very reputable company, I would not worry about the seals.

OP
OP

samaximuss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Passat
Country flag
The reason I ask is that to my understanding there are different types of classifications from DEPO and wasn’t sure if I should just reseal them or just slap them on. At this point I feel like just putting them and on and call it a day. Anyone with DEPO lights had any problems?

davemarco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R (CBP), 2013 Audi TTRS
Country flag
So far, the only reported issues from forum members have been with disappointing light output.

OP
OP

samaximuss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Passat
Country flag
Update: @gylmar814 huge thanks for all your help today with my lights and tune!

Everyone, these lights are amazing. In respect to the output of the lights I think it’s a preference thing. I had HIDs before the Depo lights, while yes the output of the HIDs were somewhat greater these are actually not bad at all. I can see the road clearly. The highbeans aren’t all that great but truthfully I don’t really use them so whatever. But with how they look and the blinkers adding that nice touch all I can say that these lights look great. I also have the Type R bumper and lowered... car looks mean as hell. I recommend these lights.

gylmar814

Gylmar814
First Name
Gylmar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 ABM Civic Si Sedan, 2018 Mazda Cx-5, (RIP) '17 SGP Civic Hatch Ex
Country flag
Update: @gylmar814 huge thanks for all your help today with my lights and tune!

Everyone, these lights are amazing. In respect to the output of the lights I think it’s a preference thing. I had HIDs before the Depo lights, while yes the output of the HIDs were somewhat greater these are actually not bad at all. I can see the road clearly. The highbeans aren’t all that great but truthfully I don’t really use them so whatever. But with how they look and the blinkers adding that nice touch all I can say that these lights look great. I also have the Type R bumper and lowered... car looks mean as hell. I recommend these lights.
I'm surprised... the depo lights from ebay actually look good quality and at night they shine just as good as hids in my opinion. Like @samaximuss said, the high beams don't further add anymore lighting as far as length but rather it widens the lighting strangely...nonetheless i'm impressed with the quality of the structure and the lighting output. Alex, i actually threw on your HIDs on my car after you left and they look like shit compared to the depo lights, lighting output wasn't all that great and for whatever reason they looked blueish/green when driving. Very noticeable difference and it's a win/win considering you upgraded in both the cosmetic and lighting output department. Now hopefully let's see if the lights last in the long run without any bad led chips or moisture issues......:hmm:

xaviersayys

Xavier
First Name
Xavier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic EX-T
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Mind posting output shots? I.e. against a garage door, on the road etc.? I've been considering between these or the new ones that TRS are coming out with.

OP
OP

samaximuss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Passat
Country flag
Mind posting output shots? I.e. against a garage door, on the road etc.? I've been considering between these or the new ones that TRS are coming out with.
Sure thing, I’ll take a photo or tonight... hopefully the weather holds as it has been raining more often in my area lately but then again it’s miami.

jakdotdot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 SI
Country flag
The TRS headlamps are almost triple the price of the depo's... I'd figure you would at least compare them to the OEM touring headlamps (which can be picked up used for not too much more than the Depo's).

Having said that, I would like to see some output shots of the Depo's.

OP
OP

samaximuss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Passat
Country flag
The TRS headlamps are almost triple the price of the depo's... I'd figure you would at least compare them to the OEM touring headlamps (which can be picked up used for not too much more than the Depo's).

Having said that, I would like to see some output shots of the Depo's.
Honda Civic 10th gen DEPO LED Lights B724C6A5-7415-4118-A609-A02789E2024A

Honda Civic 10th gen DEPO LED Lights 7CB8BF57-F937-491E-97A6-9882E37E4C22

Honda Civic 10th gen DEPO LED Lights DBF1DFDE-2158-4E05-B344-CCB92FCB83EB

Honda Civic 10th gen DEPO LED Lights 931383A1-BDAC-441F-9CFB-E7466EDC2A9D

Honda Civic 10th gen DEPO LED Lights 33C9FA57-9D18-4789-BBD3-C36471D6E82C

tdurham19

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic sport hatch
Country flag
These look great! So I guess no issues with any leaks or fogging up since you installed them? Also is the type r bumper a replica, I thought they were wider.

OP
OP

samaximuss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Passat
Country flag
Lights installed Wednesday, couple rain showers and no issues. I reached out to a couple other members here who have the same lights and they have no complaints. most will argue that the lights don’t project too well but honestly they do a very good job. First night I had them installed with my regular fogs they looked great, but now with LED fogs this thing looks amazing... pictures don’t do it justice.

The bumper is a replica, purchased on eBay. This kit was made to fit the regular models as yes the type r is wider.
Sponsored