DEPO full LED headlights (Type R Style) for halogen models

jakdotdot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 SI
Country flag
How do you know this?
They are, most likely, both made by Coplus. I will admit I have not seen both and cannot 100% confirm.

Also, according to the 2019 Honda Civic press release, the 2019 touring headlights have improved width and distance.
Sponsored

Timmeh8604

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback EX
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Please update us with these after install, I just saw that TRS has these and I would trust these over the depo and other brands for oem style LED.

Got home today and found UPS left this box. OEM+ headlights from TRS. Hope to get them installed this weekend :thumbsup:

01F97268-3E49-4660-B9FC-1B666658B16F.jpeg

fabster22

First Name
Fabian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Hatchback Sport 6MT , 2018 Accord Lx
Country flag
Please update us with these after install, I just saw that TRS has these and I would trust these over the depo and other brands for oem style LED.
So i just installed these. As far as output goes, i wasn't expecting HID level of performance but i put them side by side with my accord (it's a 2018 with the led headlights) and they fall short in comparison lol, but they're much better than a drop in LED bulb. I'll try to get some output shots when i aim them correctly, probably won't be until monday though.

They probably are Depo's in a TRS box..
Probably....i doubt they made a totally separate unit lol

Donuyen18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda s2000
Country flag
So i just installed these. As far as output goes, i wasn't expecting HID level of performance but i put them side by side with my accord (it's a 2018 with the led headlights) and they fall short in comparison lol, but they're much better than a drop in LED bulb. I'll try to get some output shots when i aim them correctly, probably won't be until monday though.

Probably....i doubt they made a totally separate unit lol
Hows the quality of the headlight itself?

fabster22

First Name
Fabian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Hows the quality of the headlight itself?
The quality is okay, nothing extraordinary. One of the little tabs on one headlight was broken, but it wasn’t critical, it was just on the edge to attach the weather stripping. Also, the adjusting gear seems kind of flimsy, but that’s probably me just nitpicking. Overall, this is probably just a form over function mod :dunno:. If you want performance, like everyone already knows, just get an HID retrofit.

Donuyen18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda s2000
Country flag
The quality is okay, nothing extraordinary. One of the little tabs on one headlight was broken, but it wasn’t critical, it was just on the edge to attach the weather stripping. Also, the adjusting gear seems kind of flimsy, but that’s probably me just nitpicking. Overall, this is probably just a form over function mod :dunno:. If you want performance, like everyone already knows, just get an HID retrofit.
I was bitten by the retrofit bug long ago and have already done my current headlights. However, the touring headlights just look too damn good in every aspect except for output. That led amber eyebrow turn signal is just :drool:. However, you nailed it when you said form over function.

fabster22

First Name
Fabian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Hey guys so as promised, output shots. Not the beat quality since they were taken on my phone but it’ll give you a pretty good idea. First pic is without fogs, second is with fogs. Keep in mind I’m not done adjusting the headlights just yet, but my impressions are as follow;
They definitely lack width. Lucky for me, my fogs cover me on that, but it’s something to keep in mind. As far as distance, they are way better than my drop in LED bulbs on the stock projectors, but I’d rate them as adequate and no more. I will keep messing with the adjustment to see if I can make them a little better.

Honda Civic 10th gen DEPO full LED headlights (Type R Style) for halogen models 72002BB3-F2EA-488B-9A68-9B9F4EAC070B

Honda Civic 10th gen DEPO full LED headlights (Type R Style) for halogen models C0BE450B-E24B-413F-928B-D2048F3A572A

hikaru

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Sedan 1.5T, 2009 Accord Sedan 2.4 LX-P, 2000 Civic Sedan EK4
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
They probably are Depo's in a TRS box..
I have a feeling that this is always the case. The problem with these Depo are
1. Poor output
2. Poor assembly
3. Poor chrome plated housing
4. Poor plastic len

Depo is only good when you try to fix broken or yellowing headlights that you intend to sell the car off soon.

Acey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Coupe Si HFP
Country flag
That output looks horrific... but for $500 I'm not sure what's to be expected.

Donuyen18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda s2000
Country flag
Hey guys so as promised, output shots. Not the beat quality since they were taken on my phone but it’ll give you a pretty good idea. First pic is without fogs, second is with fogs. Keep in mind I’m not done adjusting the headlights just yet, but my impressions are as follow;
They definitely lack width. Lucky for me, my fogs cover me on that, but it’s something to keep in mind. As far as distance, they are way better than my drop in LED bulbs on the stock projectors, but I’d rate them as adequate and no more. I will keep messing with the adjustment to see if I can make them a little better.

72002BB3-F2EA-488B-9A68-9B9F4EAC070B.jpeg

C0BE450B-E24B-413F-928B-D2048F3A572A.jpeg
That's one blobby hotspot

JN259

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
E90 3 series soon to be replaced
Country flag
If my headlights get knocked in with a bat, I’ll get the morimotos, otherwise, I can’t see spending that kind of money on something that would be more or less cosmetic for me.

fabster22

First Name
Fabian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Yeah I drove the accord right after and I can confirm the output is shit lol. But hey, at least they look cool :yes:

Honda Civic 10th gen DEPO full LED headlights (Type R Style) for halogen models CACD17AE-BE4A-471A-AABB-F0FAD362EC09