DEPO full LED headlights (Type R Style) for halogen models

Acey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Coupe Si HFP
Country flag
Yeah anybody who thinks the Touring lights were good (a staggering number) need look no further than the fact that Honda has been pretty much forced to fix them.

Distance was adequate (outperforms most average HID), width was marginal (outperformed by Kia Forte et al), glare was savage (primary reason for poor IIHS rating). Cranking up the intensity to stronger LEDs will only make it worse unless they're redesigning the reflectors themselves. My theory is that they want to reserve the LED projectors for Acura... Civic will look too much like NSX if they had done it. Why, then, they didn't just put a simple HID projector in at virtually zero development cost is beyond me.
Sponsored

xaviersayys

Xavier
First Name
Xavier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic EX-T
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Why, then, they didn't just put a simple HID projector in at virtually zero development cost is beyond me.
That, or even a single LED projector like the Pilot or even Toyota's. Those are pretty decent.

Space Lord

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic
Country flag
I know this thread is old but I thought I'd give my thought son these.
In case anyone is still considering the Depos, I just had to take mine off after 2 years and 5 months of use.
The low beam headlights stopped working and the DRL lights had partially stopped working a couple of months prior. The light output over the time I had them was complete shit. The only time I could see well was with the brights on as well which is an obvious no no. I had better output from a pair of aftermarket led bulbs.
I only kept them on because I really didn't want to have to take off the bumper again, the look was really cool and the turn signal is awesome. If you live in an urban lit area you'll probably be fine. The warranty is only for 6 months so it's basically useless.
Overall, I was pleased enough with them, especially for the price, but I wouldn't buy them again because of the terrible output.

Jigga

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic
Country flag
I know this thread is old but I thought I'd give my thought son these.
In case anyone is still considering the Depos, I just had to take mine off after 2 years and 5 months of use.
The low beam headlights stopped working and the DRL lights had partially stopped working a couple of months prior. The light output over the time I had them was complete shit. The only time I could see well was with the brights on as well which is an obvious no no. I had better output from a pair of aftermarket led bulbs.
I only kept them on because I really didn't want to have to take off the bumper again, the look was really cool and the turn signal is awesome. If you live in an urban lit area you'll probably be fine. The warranty is only for 6 months so it's basically useless.
Overall, I was pleased enough with them, especially for the price, but I wouldn't buy them again because of the terrible output.
I also had the Depo headlights after the first year the driver side low beams went out so I took apart the headlight assembly and found out the one of the power chips burn out inside module I call them out asking if I can buy the module from them they were nice enough to send one out for free and I just put the headlight back together but if I run into this again I’m probably just going to go with Morimoto's...

Yukiiz

First Name
Yuki
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic sedan 16
Country flag
This is true, and not because Honda wanted to, but the LEDs from 2016-2018 were not rated well enough by IIHS.
Can I install the this 2019+ headlights on my touring 2016 without any problem?
Sponsored