First Name
Spencer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Sport Hatch
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Got a random tire pressure warning and hoped it was just the change in temp affecting the pressure but got out and saw this… what now?
Edit: this happened on a road I’ve driven on hundreds of times and I didn’t feel any bump or pothole and nor did I see any after circling back
Honda Civic 10th gen Dented wheels on nonexistent pothole 3F8F3A8F-2875-46DB-A4E4-8ADE5476DE3F

Honda Civic 10th gen Dented wheels on nonexistent pothole 56215612-DFA9-4E55-89F6-7111BA917063

Last edited:

jakdotdot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 SI
Country flag
et em fixed or buy a replacement pair. With wheels at this price point, I would probably spend a little bit more and just buy a replacement pair. Unless you can get them fixed for real cheap.

Also, "real" wheels bend too.

OP
OP
SpenAfon

SpenAfon

First Name
Spencer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Sport Hatch
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
et em fixed or buy a replacement pair. With wheels at this price point, I would probably spend a little bit more and just buy a replacement pair. Unless you can get them fixed for real cheap.

Also, "real" wheels bend too.
I know real wheels bend too just at the time of writing this I was rather upset as you can guess. Thing is I don’t recall hitting any major potholes and the wheels aren’t too old so it’s just annoying Yknow. Thanks for the advice I might just go with a replacement cuz I was planning on selling anyways and selling 4 wheels is easier than selling 3

OP
OP
SpenAfon

SpenAfon

First Name
Spencer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Sport Hatch
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Did you went through a pothole or something?
Didn’t feel anything too major. I got new suspension so everything is more bumpy and this was a road I’ve driven on hundreds of times and there’s nothing I can think of that this could’ve been caused by

OP
OP
SpenAfon

SpenAfon

First Name
Spencer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Sport Hatch
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
is this safe to drive on? Thing is work as a delivery driver so if this isn’t safe then I’m out of work until I can get a new one cuz I’d bet repetitive driving on a spare isn’t also the best idea.

Nessism

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 EX-T Civic
Country flag
A good wheel shop can straighten that thing. I'd find one right away. I don't know how much they charge for straightening, but it should be less than a new wheel.

Ronny2019

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Si Coupe
Country flag
Got a random tire pressure warning and hoped it was just the change in temp affecting the pressure but got out and saw this… what now?
Edit: this happened on a road I’ve driven on hundreds of times and I didn’t feel any bump or pothole and nor did I see any after circling back
3F8F3A8F-2875-46DB-A4E4-8ADE5476DE3F.jpeg

56215612-DFA9-4E55-89F6-7111BA917063.jpeg
Take a 2x4 and line it up on the high spot then hit it with a mallet will help seat the bead

OP
OP
SpenAfon

SpenAfon

First Name
Spencer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Sport Hatch
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
A good wheel shop can straighten that thing. I'd find one right away. I don't know how much they charge for straightening, but it should be less than a new wheel.
The wheel was <$200 so buying a new one isn’t my biggest fear but yeah I’ll have to call around

OP
OP
SpenAfon

SpenAfon

First Name
Spencer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Sport Hatch
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Take a 2x4 and line it up on the high spot then hit it with a mallet will help seat the bead
I might have to try that. I’m mostly worried about the thing exploding under me so seating the bead would be smart to do immediately

OP
OP
SpenAfon

SpenAfon

First Name
Spencer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Sport Hatch
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
So a little update... The tpms ended up being from a nail and the leak was so slow that I ended up driving on it for about a week without the pressure going down much at all then I went on vacation for a week and came back to a flat. Funny thing is the flat was the front left tire and the dented wheel is the front right so now I'm not throwing any tpms but I do still have a dented wheel. This would explain why I thought I dented the wheel on a "nonexistent pothole" because there was no pothole and I just ran over a nail.
Sponsored