Dent above passenger doors, accident or body issue?

Which side do you have a dent on?

• Left

Votes: 54 22.9%
  • Right

Votes: 31 13.1%
  • Both

Votes: 52 22.0%
  • None

Votes: 102 43.2%

• Total voters

TyBu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
So this is strange. I didn't look closely enough at the pictures in the OP. Mine are actually dents, but they are not in the panel, but in the "chrome" trim directly below the warps in the OP. (the piece of trim on the tiny window, close to the piece of trim for the larger window. I'll look more closely at the panel when I have a chance.
Sponsored

Pearl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 CivicT
Yeah, mine is not above the rear door. It is directly above the small, rearmost window.

Kevin35623

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 honda accord
So all of you having these dents do you have people riding in your back seats because one thing I've learned from building cars for a living is that area is very thin metal and does dent very easily by hands or elbows leaning on the car I haven't checked my car yet but it does not surprise me that so many have dents in this area

Pearl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 CivicT
In my case, there have only been two people in my car: the salesman and myself and that was only briefly. I can't believe that at this level of sophistication, a Civic would buckle over some rough pavement or extra weight from a passenger. Since this is now a documented problem, I would more likely believe this is a manufacturing problem or a shipping problem.

Kevin35623

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 honda accord
In my case, there have only been two people in my car: the salesman and myself and that was only briefly. I can't believe that at this level of sophistication, a Civic would buckle over some rough pavement or extra weight from a passenger. Since this is now a documented problem, I would more likely believe this is a manufacturing problem or a shipping problem.
My guess is manufacturing with a brand new model there are a lot of changing in the way that you have to do processes and that leads to denting vehicles in certain areas it takes some time to work this stuff out

Pearl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 CivicT
I agree that in a new model, there must some be some gremlins to track down but I think most of prefer the c-pillar denting issue not have happened in the first place.

Last edited:

krav51

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 civic ex
Yeah, mine is not above the rear door. It is directly above the small, rearmost window.
exactly where mine is,drivers side only,more of a ripple as opposed to a dent.Im wondering how the panels are picked up during assembly to the frame.

Kevin35623

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 honda accord
exactly where mine is,drivers side only,more of a ripple as opposed to a dent.Im wondering how the panels are picked up during assembly to the frame.
A ripple could be a stamping problem not sure I'm going to check my car out tomorrow and see if mine also has this and see if I can add any insight if mine does have it

Boz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX Sedan - Modern Steel Metalic / Black
Country flag
This is such a strange issue. What could be causing some to dent/ripple after a certain amount of time/driving, while others don't/haven't yet?

Mine is an EX, I purchased it 1/18/16, it was assembled in Alliston, and I don't have the dent/ripple problem.

whaaaaa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-L, Black w/ Ivory interior
Country flag
Checked mine, no dents that I can detect. Forgot to check when and where it was manufactured, but will try to look after work later.

NorthernEX-T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Type R
Vehicle Showcase
This is such a strange issue. What could be causing some to dent/ripple after a certain amount of time/driving, while others don't/haven't yet?

Mine is an EX, I purchased it 1/18/16, it was assembled in Alliston, and I don't have the dent/ripple problem.
It's hard to say, really could be a long list of possibilities, elevation, temperatures, temperature change, speed you drive, how you drive, do you hit lots of bumps.

Mine is a ripple as well. I'm planning on taking some pics at my dealer this afternoon as it is a nice sunny day, so I should be able to get some good pics.

PS3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Country flag
So all of you having these dents do you have people riding in your back seats because one thing I've learned from building cars for a living is that area is very thin metal and does dent very easily by hands or elbows leaning on the car I haven't checked my car yet but it does not surprise me that so many have dents in this area
Nope - nobody in the back.

SethK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX
Well, I checked mine and no "Dents" in the usual sense of the word, but on the drive side, same area as the rest of you, I have a bit of a... for lack of a better word, dent outward rather than in. Like it was hit with a small object from the inside. What on earth? That kills my original theory..

My2016Civic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX w/Sensing - Modern Steel Metallic / Gray
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Well, I checked mine and no "Dents" in the usual sense of the word, but on the drive side, same area as the rest of you, I have a bit of a... for lack of a better word, dent outward rather than in. Like it was hit with a small object from the inside. What on earth? That kills my original theory..
Mine is pretty much like yours. Not a dent inwards, but very slight peak so far. But.. Your theory:
I started to wonder if someone out there, indivitual or individual(S), knowing how beer-can like our cars are, have taken up going around banging on our cars since it doesn't take much to dent them. But now with these dents on this thread being on very similar spots on different cars and different cities/states, that now seems a bit far-fetched.
Yes, this part of your theory was a bit far fetched and unlikely given the exact same location of all the dents on the affected vehicles and in different geographic location (cities/states) of the affected vehicles, BUT at the time there wasn't much else that made sense and was an easy explanation.

Here is a very realistic explanation and the most likely reason. The spots where these dents are being discovered just happens to be the transition point between different strengths of steel. Coincidence? I think not! So we're onto something. See below (You can also find this on the Official Honda Civic Sedan website, http://automobiles.honda.com/civic-sedan/features.aspx#safety):
Honda Civic 10th gen Dent above passenger doors, accident or body issue? BodyStructure
Sponsored

Last edited: