Dent above passenger doors, accident or body issue?

Which side do you have a dent on?

• Left

Votes: 54 22.9%
  • Right

Votes: 31 13.1%
  • Both

Votes: 52 22.0%
  • None

Votes: 102 43.2%

• Total voters

AChav

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic LX
Hey!

So I wanted to crowd source some opinions on two dents that have appeared right above my back passenger doors on my LX. We first noticed the dent on the driver side and thought it must have been someone leaning into the body and denting it. A day later we noticed the second dent on the exact same spot but on the passenger side of the car, albeit this dent was much smaller and almost not visible in photographs.

Before I spend money on fixing these dents I wanted to make sure no one was having similar issues. The location of the dents lead me to hypothesize that it could be a body issue the car came with. What issue, I'm not exactly sure, that's why I'm crowd sourcing some thoughts into this. It could very well be that someone dented the body by leaning into it but I'm having a hard time thinking of a situation given the location of the dents.

On another note, anyone have tips on taking these dents out? Don't want to spend a small fortune on going to the dealership but I will if I have to.

Many thanks!

Honda Civic 10th gen Dent above passenger doors, accident or body issue? IMG_20160412_193036

Honda Civic 10th gen Dent above passenger doors, accident or body issue? IMG_20160412_193045

Honda Civic 10th gen Dent above passenger doors, accident or body issue? IMG_20160412_193057

Honda Civic 10th gen Dent above passenger doors, accident or body issue? IMG_20160412_193105

Edit: MFR Date 01/16, Indiana, 6500 miles

Last edited:

dc2turbo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic,teg
Country flag
looks lke a impact dent. either someone hit it or pushed down on it. you probably could pop it back out with a good suction cup or take the headliner down and push it back out

MikeATL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Lunar Silver Civic Touring, 2009 Pontiac G8 GT, 2006 Honda Pilot, 2000 Chrysler Town and Country
I had noticed my Touring had a couple light dents in the same general area as yours (on the driver side only though) a few days after I bought it. I figure someone must have hit it somehow at the dealership or during transit and I didn't see it before driving off. I just tried to take a picture of the dents, but it's really hard to see them.

Honda Civic 10th gen Dent above passenger doors, accident or body issue? Body Dents

Mine is definitely not as noticeable as the dents on your car based on the pictures you posted above. Maybe silver paint color is hiding it more than darker colors too.

Quicksipper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16' EX-T, 05' LX
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I had noticed my Touring had a couple light dents in the same general area as yours (on the driver side only though) a few days after I bought it. I figure someone must have hit it somehow at the dealership or during transit and I didn't see it before driving off. I just tried to take a picture of the dents, but it's really hard to see them.

Body Dents.jpg

Mine is definitely not as noticeable as the dents on your car based on the pictures you posted above. Maybe silver paint color is hiding it more than darker colors too.
i have the same dent...I think its just a body issue...driver side only as well

PS3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Country flag
Hey!

So I wanted to crowd source some opinions on two dents that have appeared right above my back passenger doors on my LX. We first noticed the dent on the driver side and thought it must have been someone leaning into the body and denting it. A day later we noticed the second dent on the exact same spot but on the passenger side of the car, albeit this dent was much smaller and almost not visible in photographs.

Before I spend money on fixing these dents I wanted to make sure no one was having similar issues. The location of the dents lead me to hypothesize that it could be a body issue the car came with. What issue, I'm not exactly sure, that's why I'm crowd sourcing some thoughts into this. It could very well be that someone dented the body by leaning into it but I'm having a hard time thinking of a situation given the location of the dents.

On another note, anyone have tips on taking these dents out? Don't want to spend a small fortune on going to the dealership but I will if I have to.

Many thanks!

IMG_20160412_193036.jpg

IMG_20160412_193045.jpg

IMG_20160412_193057.jpg

IMG_20160412_193105.jpg
I have one too - one side of the vehicle only. Hard to see unless you catch it at the right angle.

NorthernEX-T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Type R
Vehicle Showcase
I have one too - one side of the vehicle only. Hard to see unless you catch it at the right angle.
I have a very small hardly noticeable one on my passenger side. 100% was there from the factory. Thanks for pointing this out @AChav This is unacceptable imo.

NorthernEX-T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Type R
Vehicle Showcase
My dent is hard to see but it's defiantly there. Not impressed. Everyone needs to check they're cars as I did not notice this QA issue until I saw this thread. My dent is at the back of the rear visor, you can kind of see the wave in the sunlight.
Honda Civic 10th gen Dent above passenger doors, accident or body issue? ima

PS3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Country flag
My dent is hard to see but it's defiantly there. Not impressed. Everyone needs to check they're cars as I did not notice this QA issue until I saw this thread. My dent is at the back of the rear visor, you can kind of see the wave in the sunlight.
image.jpeg
Mine is in the same location.

NorthernEX-T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Type R
Vehicle Showcase
To me, that looks like you took a foul ball off the car. Do you park near a ball field frequently?
Never, and it's just turning to spring way up north where I live. Ball won't start for another month yet. Go Jays go though. @PS3 ridiculous..

OP
OP
AChav

AChav

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic LX
To me, that looks like you took a foul ball off the car. Do you park near a ball field frequently?
In my case, I never park near any fields. I'd love to buy into that theory but both dents being on the same location but opposite sides is the strongest evidence that we have that it may be a body issue. If it was a foul ball at the same spot on opposite sides, that's worthy of a Seinfeld episode. ;)

OP
OP
AChav

AChav

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic LX
Thanks everyone! I hope this thread gains more traction. In the upcoming days when I have a bit more time I'm taking it to the dealer to have them look at it. In the meantime if more cases arise I'd love to present them this as evidence that it's not a one-off situation. As easy as a fix may be Honda should address this if it's a body issue. Keep'em coming!

NorthernEX-T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks everyone! I hope this thread gains more traction. In the upcoming days when I have a bit more time I'm taking it to the dealer to have them look at it. In the meantime if more cases arise I'd love to present them this as evidence that it's not a one-off situation. As easy as a fix may be Honda should address this if it's a body issue. Keep'em coming!
I going to try and do some "detective" work and sneak to my dealer and check out how the civics look that are on the lot.

EVERYONE CHECK THEIR CARS!