Denied Warranty Work ?

Has anyone ever been denied warranty work ?

• Total voters

alxgravel

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic si 2017
Country flag
Yeah, I was speaking with DRUSA about it. I’m thinking of just bringing it into the dealer I bought the car from, and just make the hour drive.
Yea goods idea . The orther one trying to scam you lol. Well I did mine where I do all my maintenance.
Sponsored

tacocat

First Name
matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si coupe
Country flag
Dam, looks weird already asking 2.1k without any diagnostics. This dealer is crazy.
12 hours labor @ 175 an hour = 2100. The 2100 is the diagnostics. You can't see a bent valve with the head on the car.

tacthecat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'12 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
My dealer here charge 1 h for 120 $ cad plus taxes on any work
Charge quoted to replace a Civic head is $1,700 (minimum) in my area - straight labor time with no diagnosis, parts, tax, etc AND a local garage NOT a Honda Dealership.

alxgravel

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic si 2017
Country flag
Dam those price are high on usa lol and anyway his dealer should take care of it..

tacthecat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'12 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
Dam those price are high on usa lol and anyway his dealer should take care of it..
Warranty from HONDA, not the individual dealer (they'd be paid for parts and labor by HONDA) will cover the entire cost IF the problem was NOT caused by the owner modifying or abusing the engine/electronics. This was briefly mentioned earlier (post #25) but the dealer didn't think it was a warranty issue.

alxgravel

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic si 2017
Country flag
Warranty from HONDA, not the individual dealer (they'd be paid for parts and labor by HONDA) will cover the entire cost IF the problem was NOT caused by the owner modifying or abusing the engine/electronics. This was briefly mentioned earlier (post #25) but the dealer didn't think it was a warranty issue.
I know all that ... it depends on each case. If you trow a rod I don't think they will warranty it for example.

tacthecat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'12 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
I know all that ... it depends on each case. If you trow a rod I don't think they will warranty it for example.
They will as long as the problem is attributed to a factory defective part or process - not so much the E35, or non-factory tune, or operator error.

Mc-4

First Name
Feri
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 1.5 sport 2021
Country flag
H,
Has anyone met anyone like this? The wheel was removed due to a winter tire change. It was twisted on the left half shaft. The car is 5900km. Could this be a film left on it at the factory? Thanks for the help!

Honda Civic 10th gen Denied Warranty Work ? IMG_20211020_142236

Honda Civic 10th gen Denied Warranty Work ? IMG_20211020_135333

Honda Civic 10th gen Denied Warranty Work ? IMG_20211020_135319

Honda Civic 10th gen Denied Warranty Work ? IMG_20211020_142218

tacthecat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'12 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
More likely "road trash" that someone had put in the bed of a work truck and it blew out in front of you while driving.

smulla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Honda Civic LX Black Pearl
Country flag
When I had a faulty leaky compressor in my 2016 civic I had no idea what was wrong and I went to a nearby dealership. They never diagnosed the issue and put in 500 dollar freon which leaked out. When I initially went in they guaranteed that the warranty will cover it but it did not. The way the extended warranty worked is I had to go to where my dealership was they did the 2k work for the 100 deductible which I was happy to pay.
Filed a complaint with the BAR about the first dealership but figured out they are just lackies to the dealership because the guy that helped me did a poor job. Now the second dealership which I bought my new car are bad now too they cannot diagnose or fix my 2022 civic stalling issue. They denied me yesterday because I had something plugged into my car 12v adapter.

ValkenDnB

First Name
Luis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Country flag
When I had a faulty leaky compressor in my 2016 civic I had no idea what was wrong and I went to a nearby dealership. They never diagnosed the issue and put in 500 dollar freon which leaked out. When I initially went in they guaranteed that the warranty will cover it but it did not. The way the extended warranty worked is I had to go to where my dealership was they did the 2k work for the 100 deductible which I was happy to pay.
Filed a complaint with the BAR about the first dealership but figured out they are just lackies to the dealership because the guy that helped me did a poor job. Now the second dealership which I bought my new car are bad now too they cannot diagnose or fix my 2022 civic stalling issue. They denied me yesterday because I had something plugged into my car 12v adapter.
what did you have plugged into your 12v adapter??

smulla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Honda Civic LX Black Pearl
Country flag
I had a small 3 in 1 12v adapter which outputs less than 12v because all I had hooked up was my phone charger which outputs 20 watts. The cigarette lighter said it can output max 180 watts so I did not buy the bs they were selling.
Sponsored