Delta Motorsports Time Attack FC1

First Name
Delta MoSports
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.deltamotorsportsco.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si, 2018 Honda Civic Sport HB, 2017 Honda Civic Coupe, 2015 Honda Civic Si, 2005 Acura TSX, 1999 Lexus LS400
Country flag
Hey guys! Quick introduction, we are a newly made motorsports team based in Toronto, ON in hopes to compete in time attack competitions in Canada and rival against the bigger teams with the civicx platform. We are car enthusiasts at heart, have a deep love for making cars look good and perform even better. We have always believed that building a car should be simple, durable yet a fun experience that captures the essence of driving, elevates your mood, and emotions. It's been quite the adventure with the platform, so I hope you're ready. By the end of this, we'd hope all the current civicx owners will be even more appreciative of their cars. :)

https://deltamotorsportsco.com
IG: Delta_Motorsports
Facebook: Delta Motorsports Co.

Honda Civic 10th gen Delta Motorsports Time Attack FC1 mike3wheel
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
Delta Motorsports
First Name
Delta MoSports
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si, 2018 Honda Civic Sport HB, 2017 Honda Civic Coupe, 2015 Honda Civic Si, 2005 Acura TSX, 1999 Lexus LS400
Country flag
Originally bought in August 2017 as an alternative to the Civic Type-R (The waitlist was 8 months at the time). Honestly, nothing really happened with the car these earlier years of ownership to note as I wasn't expecting this car will be our track car because I really wanted the FK8.

Honda Civic 10th gen Delta Motorsports Time Attack FC1 20170807_132300

[September 2019]
At this point in the time, the FC1 was outfitted with a Ktuner unit, PRL 3" catless downpipe, Eibach Pro-kit lowering springs, KTuned camber arms, high-flow oem replacement grille, G-Loc R10 track pads on StopTech slotted rotors, Goodridge stainless steel lines with Motul RBF600 brake fluid. All on Enkei RPF11 17"x8" wheels with Firestone Firehawk Indy 500 245/40/17s. The standard track prep mods. Quick disclaimer: this was my first ever track day, but with the help of one of my best friend and lead mechanic, Alex, he taught me how to really drive on the track and build my self-confidence as a driver.

Honda Civic 10th gen Delta Motorsports Time Attack FC1 IMG_20191001_180033_336

Conclusion of our first track day at Shannonville Race Track:
  • Honda did a really great job with the 10th Generation platform
  • Needs better tires for overall grip.
  • Engine temperature were alright; a little high for my liking but with the help of the grille, no limp mode ever.
  • Underpowered for the full track, great for the FABI track.
  • A ton of clutch slip from the added power of the downpipe and re-flash.
  • Too much roll with springs.
  • Holy smokes these G-Loc pads grab HARD and no fade after 5-6 laps on track
https://deltamotorsportsco.com
IG: Delta_Motorsports
Facebook: Delta Motorsports Co.

circuit.heart

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Sport (Si converted), '94 525i x2
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Your outside front tire is crying ;)

Good to see more cars in motorsports, you'll find more quirks as you keep going. The moment you put on sticky tires (A052 for instance) your temps will shoot through the roof since you're WOT more and coasting less. Stock brakes will hit their limits around this point as well. Front roll center is low, so to keep the front contact patch flat you're going to have to do everything in your power to get front camber.

Also pointing out now that roof spoilers increase drag on slippery sedans like an FC1 - depending on how competitive you want to be...

OP
OP
Delta Motorsports
First Name
Delta MoSports
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Your outside front tire is crying ;)

Good to see more cars in motorsports, you'll find more quirks as you keep going. The moment you put on sticky tires (A052 for instance) your temps will shoot through the roof since you're WOT more and coasting less. Stock brakes will hit their limits around this point as well. Front roll center is low, so to keep the front contact patch flat you're going to have to do everything in your power to get front camber.

Also pointing out now that roof spoilers increase drag on slippery sedans like an FC1 - depending on how competitive you want to be...
Hey Brian!
First and foremost, I'm a big fan with what you did with your FK7, I've followed your BMSPEC build journal since it's inception. I was actually inspired from your thread!

After the shannonville track day, we've upgraded wheels, tires and suspension. In fact, we did notice the temps going up since we were in WOT A LOT more especially with all the upgrades we did this year alone. Haha. I'll soon update the journal to account for the upgrades we've done this year to now.

The roof spoiler probably did increase the drag. We were in the talks in removing it and going on another track day without it and see what times we were getting.

OP
OP
Delta Motorsports
First Name
Delta MoSports
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
[January-March 2020]
In these 3 months a transformation is quite the understatement.

We decided to go full bolt-ons for added power. Since we already had the PRL downpipe, and was VERY impressed with the workmanship, quality, fit and finish of the product; we decided to go with PRL once again to complete the bolt-ons.
Honda Civic 10th gen Delta Motorsports Time Attack FC1 20200308_122635 (1)

With added power, and the results of our first track day, clutch slip was very evident so we installed the ACT 6-Puck sprung clutch kit. We decided on ACT because of their reputation in Motorsports and at the time, the aftermarket for these new civics were very lackluster. The installation wasn't very difficult if you drop and remove the subframe out of the car. (Alex and I learned the hard way after hours of trying to move the transmission bellhousing.)
Honda Civic 10th gen Delta Motorsports Time Attack FC1 IMG-20200329-WA0020

Plot twist! ACT sent us a dud flywheel. The thread-insert for the pressure plate bolt wasn't installed correctly so Alex and I couldn't torque the bolt to its specified torque. P.S. Sorry for such a close-up, it was the only photo I found on my phone. Haha.
Honda Civic 10th gen Delta Motorsports Time Attack FC1 Screenshot_20200331-190134_WhatsA

A few weeks and e-mailing back and forth with ACT, we finally got our new flywheel with new bolts and the installation of the clutch is finally completed! (HUGE shout out to Mike from ACT, you are an MVP for getting us a new flywheel so soon.) And oh yeah, COVID-19 pandemic just started.

While we were waiting for the new flywheel to come in, we decided to purchase the Spoon Sports Rigid Collars. I was unsure if it'll fit the FC1 since the part number was meant for the FK8, but voila! It works! Sorry, I don't have pictures of the actual install of the rigid collars but here's a picture of the box and all it's Japanese glory!
Honda Civic 10th gen Delta Motorsports Time Attack FC1 20200327_173918

A little bitmof a driver mod, we picked up a short shifter from Acuity Instruments. It took us weeks to decide if we wanted the Hybrid Racing Short Shifter or the Acuity Instruments one. After seeing the rave reviews from Kevin Boehm in his K20C1 swapped Civic TA car, and all the glorious adjustability we ultimately ended up purchasing the Acuity.
Honda Civic 10th gen Delta Motorsports Time Attack FC1 20200111_130733

Well that concludes this post for today! It was quite the lengthy one and I thank you for sticking through and reading it. There are much more upgrades and track day experiences of the FC1 I'd like to post in the near future. If you have any questions on the parts I've installed, I'll gladly tell our feedback! Lastly, huge huge shout out to MY JDM ADDICTION for sourcing my parts and being patient with my indecisive self!

OP
OP
Delta Motorsports
First Name
Delta MoSports
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
will you guys be stripping interior and installing roll cage?
Hey VandalSI!

Yes, it is on our plans to strip the car as much as the rulebook allows us. We are planning on adding a cage, but since this pandemic happened, I can't guarantee it'll go on this year.

OP
OP
Delta Motorsports
First Name
Delta MoSports
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
[April 2020]
To address the lack of overall grip from the Firestone Firehawk Indy 500s, (Yes, they aren't the best on the track), with weeks of research, we decided to run the tried and true Yokohama NEOVA AD08Rs. We've heard many good things about the tires and I can't lie, its one of the sickest looking tread patterns on the market. Our current wheels were RPF1 17"x8" on 245's, they were completely maxed out so the option to reuse the RPF1's were a no go. We could have just bought the same specs of the AD08R's but quite frankly, 17's looks a little small for the new platform and we felt like the car needed more tire width. In the end, we went with 265/35/18s.
Honda Civic 10th gen Delta Motorsports Time Attack FC1 20200420_180957 (1)

The width of these are bigger than my head! LOL.

Honda Civic 10th gen Delta Motorsports Time Attack FC1 20200419_145257

We've heard a lot of good things about Superspeed Wheels so we decided to pick up the RF05RR's 18"x9.5"s. What's unique about them is that they are flow formed, meaning its pretty lightweight for its size and doesn't cost nearly as much as other manufacturers flow formed lined up. Plus they're Canadian based so we had to buy them!

Sooner or later we knew the front OEM single piston brake calipers were going to be an issue in going faster, we tried a pair of 4 Pot Brembo BBKs off the Genesis Coupe being stored in the garage to see if it fits with the new wheels.
Honda Civic 10th gen Delta Motorsports Time Attack FC1 20200419_160301

The outcome? It didn't fit since the Brembos mount so close to the hub. The only way we could have rectified it was to run spacers, but running spacers will make the wheels poke more than I would have liked and didn't like the idea of ebay flares. So in the end of all that, we decided to continue running our current brake setup.
Honda Civic 10th gen Delta Motorsports Time Attack FC1 20200419_152041

HOLY POKE! My Stance boys would be proud, but this car isn't intended for that scene. ;)

With all that out of the way, the tires are finally mounted on the wheels and mounted on the car!
Honda Civic 10th gen Delta Motorsports Time Attack FC1 20200426_185727

Side Note: 1 of the wheels were the wrong bolt pattern, so the installation of wheels were delayed a week. Just my luck!
Honda Civic 10th gen Delta Motorsports Time Attack FC1 20200426_184048

The front wheels are poking just a little bit at this point, so a little fender rolling and pulling the fenders *should* fix this issue. Or does it?

Stay tuned!

KYRGYZ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Civic LX, 18 Model X 100D
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
[April 2020]
To address the lack of overall grip from the Firestone Firehawk Indy 500s, (Yes, they aren't the best on the track), with weeks of research, we decided to run the tried and true Yokohama NEOVA AD08Rs. We've heard many good things about the tires and I can't lie, its one of the sickest looking tread patterns on the market. Our current wheels were RPF1 17"x8" on 245's, they were completely maxed out so the option to reuse the RPF1's were a no go. We could have just bought the same specs of the AD08R's but quite frankly, 17's looks a little small for the new platform and we felt like the car needed more tire width. In the end, we went with 265/35/18s.
20200420_180957 (1).jpg

The width of these are bigger than my head! LOL.

20200419_145257.jpg

We've heard a lot of good things about Superspeed Wheels so we decided to pick up the RF05RR's 18"x9.5"s. What's unique about them is that they are flow formed, meaning its pretty lightweight for its size and doesn't cost nearly as much as other manufacturers flow formed lined up. Plus they're Canadian based so we had to buy them!

Sooner or later we knew the front OEM single piston brake calipers were going to be an issue in going faster, we tried a pair of 4 Pot Brembo BBKs off the Genesis Coupe being stored in the garage to see if it fits with the new wheels.
20200419_160301.jpg

The outcome? It didn't fit since the Brembos mount so close to the hub. The only way we could have rectified it was to run spacers, but running spacers will make the wheels poke more than I would have liked and didn't like the idea of ebay flares. So in the end of all that, we decided to continue running our current brake setup.
20200419_152041.jpg

HOLY POKE! My Stance boys would be proud, but this car isn't intended for that scene. ;)

With all that out of the way, the tires are finally mounted on the wheels and mounted on the car!
20200426_185727.jpg

Side Note: 1 of the wheels were the wrong bolt pattern, so the installation of wheels were delayed a week. Just my luck!
20200426_184048.jpg

The front wheels are poking just a little bit at this point, so a little fender rolling and pulling the fenders *should* fix this issue. Or does it?

Stay tuned!
can you please post more pics of your old setup "Enkei RPF11 17"x8" wheels with Firestone Firehawk Indy 500 245/40/17s" I'm thinking about getting a set of wheels for my car, that size is what I want... also, your new setup, is that square setup 265 all around?

OP
OP
Delta Motorsports
First Name
Delta MoSports
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
can you please post more pics of your old setup "Enkei RPF11 17"x8" wheels with Firestone Firehawk Indy 500 245/40/17s" I'm thinking about getting a set of wheels for my car, that size is what I want... also, your new setup, is that square setup 265 all around?
Hey KYRGYZ!

My old setup can be found on instagram: dms_fc1
I don't have much photos of it since I'm regrettably not the type who takes a bunch of photos of my car.

The new setup is indeed a square setup. More photos are up on instagram also, delta_motorsports
A follow would be greatly appreciated! :)

OP
OP
Delta Motorsports
First Name
Delta MoSports
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
[May 2020]
To fix our poke issue with the front wheels, our teammate, and great buddy Rynard came by with the fender roller. We noticed there isn't much fender lip to roll with these 10th Gens, but we did all we can to get the inner part of the fender as flat as possible. We noticed a small change, but not quite enough to fit these 265s on the car. So we proceeded to pull the fender.
Honda Civic 10th gen Delta Motorsports Time Attack FC1 20200426_184039

We were still having issues with the wheel fitment after rolling the fenders and pulling it. We were looking at purchasing coilovers since most of them have camber plates to dial in the camber, but the options in the market is quite limited and no manufacturers made coilovers for heavy track use. The stock strut top hat alignment pin has been removed already then the guys at 27Won found a solution for more camber!
Honda Civic 10th gen Delta Motorsports Time Attack FC1 20200430_171716

That's right! SPC released some adjustable lower ball joints for the 2016+ Civics that gives it some camber adjustment. Since it's such a little investment, heck, we decided to try it out.

Honda Civic 10th gen Delta Motorsports Time Attack FC1 20200507_214301

At the get go, we maxed out the ball joint to get us the camber we need. When the car was sitting on the ground, it looked quite promising. Side note: Since we were there, we decided to get the Whiteline front sway bar end link to get the sway bar pre-load dialed in.

Honda Civic 10th gen Delta Motorsports Time Attack FC1 20200630_155243

With all that done, the last thing is an alignment and finally head to the track!

st4xor

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Sedan
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
I know it's been a while since we've seen @Delta Motorsports around, so I'm just going to leave this here where I know others will appreciate it:

Looks like a real fun time 👍

Steeda21

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 EX-T
Country flag
badass Si. Thanks for sharing
Sponsored