SDAlexander8

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17’ Si FC3, 17’ Accord 2dr V6 6MT, 22’ RL RTL-E
Country flag
Hi all, looking to potentially buy some HFP 19 inch wheels for my coupe but wanted to see if anyone else had any experiences with them. I would get them used (probably 1k-1.2k with decent tires). Just wanted to hear opinions on them, I’ve been scouring tire rack for new wheels and tires and everything I find that’s 18 inch is out of my price range. Should say that I’m only interested in Enkei, OZ or BBS. So anyone that has these can talk about them? Worth it? Are they too heavy? Thanks!
I don’t have them, but I’ve considered buying them several times. What i’ve heard over the years is:

They are still very heavy compared to the lightweight wheels you’ve been eye-f$&@ing online. I’ve heard from many people that lighter forged wheels are very noticeable when driving. Enough to almost justify the price. The saved unsprung weight makes a huge difference.

You’ll get a little more steering responsiveness from a lower profile tire. But the ride will be harsher, tire noise louder, potholes less forgiving.

The heavy Honda factory wheels are very durable in terms of structural strength. Probably less likely to bend if you do hit a pothole hard.

I think you’d get better performance out if a high performance 19” tire vs an 18” for sure, but there are a lot of factors to consider. At the end of the day, it’s still a Honda civic.

WOPSiWOT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
If it’s a good price I’d go for it. Doubly so if you getting some low mileage PS4S tires with them.

mis3

First Name
PT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercedes, 2018 SI Coupe
Country flag
I, for one, would not go 19-inch wheels for my SI coupe. I live in Toronto and the road condition is not too good.

IMO. SI coupe is a small car and 18-inch wheels are plenty large for the car.

OP
OP
Boni

Boni

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
If it’s a good price I’d go for it. Doubly so if you getting some low mileage PS4S tires with them.
Some toyo proxies with more than half thread left. I do intend on getting ps4s in a year or two.

Civicbruh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Coupe, 2013 Kawasaki ZX6R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I was interested initially with the HFP wheels, but decided to go with much lighter 18-inch Enkei wheels. I would say it really depends where you live. Here in NJ the roads suck due to the seasons. The ride is definitely harsher, but the car seems more responsive. I have already bent 2 rims very slightly hitting deep potholes within a year. The OEM heavy wheels would def help you with pot holes, but I personally wouldn't go with 19's. Here is a good link regards to different wheel sizes:

Sponsored