Delete this thread tired of arguing with a child :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
OP
Xlohen

Xlohen

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
I am not missing the point at all. If anything you just made a pointless thread because it sounds like you want to run a Race MAF on a stock tune car. Your original post was about running the intake to the dealer for maintenance, recalls, etc... I gave you a solution earlier that is fairly easy to do if you really needed a solution. You seem to come back insisting on getting feedback from people running a Race MAF on stock cars.
There’s people like this in the world, and there’s people like you who want to make a point out of nothing?
Sponsored

OP
OP
Xlohen

Xlohen

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I am not missing the point at all. If anything you just made a pointless thread because it sounds like you want to run a Race MAF on a stock tune car. Your original post was about running the intake to the dealer for maintenance, recalls, etc... I gave you a solution earlier that is fairly easy to do if you really needed a solution. You seem to come back insisting on getting feedback from people running a Race MAF on stock cars.
Again like I said I want to hear experiences of people who have done it, I’m not telling people to do it, and I’m not gonna do it

ebatr24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type R, 2018 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
FYI the civic is not unique, there are plenty of MAF based cars. When you mess with the MAF housing size, you throw off the map that the car was designed with. You end up with idle issues, misfiring, CELS, fuel trim issues, etc..... Cars that are speed density can run different sizes of intakes because they don't rely on the MAF to read air for fueling.

OP
OP
Xlohen

Xlohen

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
FYI the civic is not unique, there are plenty of MAF based cars. When you mess with the MAF housing size, you throw off the map that the car was designed with. You end up with idle issues, misfiring, CELS, fuel trim issues, etc..... Cars that are speed density can run different sizes of intakes because they don't rely on the MAF to read air for fueling.
I get it bro, cars have intakes

ebatr24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
You really don't, you posted a guy's video who points out "it sounds like it's misfiring" but you still want to hear about more people who did it. That guy got Ktuner and uploaded a tune later on anyways if you go through his comments. The Race MAF housing doesn't require a special "tune" for it, it requires the correct scaling so the car runs right. What is so hard to understand about that? Maybe change your original post because people tried to help you on your so called "regret" when it really just sounds like you just want to know if you can run a Race MAF on a stock car.

Note: his car doesn't do anything special because he installed a Race MAF. The street sounds exactly the same. The difference between the two is hardly noticeable.

OP
OP
Xlohen

Xlohen

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
You really don't, you posted a guy's video who points out "it sounds like it's misfiring" but you still want to hear about more people who did it. That guy got Ktuner and uploaded a tune later on anyways if you go through his comments. The Race MAF housing doesn't require a special "tune" for it, it requires the correct scaling so the car runs right. What is so hard to understand about that? Maybe change your original post because people tried to help you on your so called "regret" when it really just sounds like you just want to know if you can run a Race MAF on a stock car.

Note: his car doesn't do anything special because he installed a Race MAF. The street sounds exactly the same. The difference between the two is hardly noticeable.
It’s called regrets cause people can mess up their cars running Prl race MAFs without a tune, and I regret buying a the race MAF what does that have to do with me wanting to hear other people’s experiences? You keep trying to take this to a different direction bro.?

OP
OP
Xlohen

Xlohen

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag

I even said I’m buying the street MAF soon, but let’s skip over that too right?

ebatr24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
It’s called regrets cause people can mess up their cars running Prl race MAFs without a tune, and I regret buying a the race MAF what does that have to do with me wanting to hear other people’s experiences? You keep trying to take this to a different direction bro.?
So what you're saying now is your running it without a tune? Not that you "regret it because you need the street for regular check ups" like your original post says? Lol boy you could have just posted "Bought race maf without ktuner/hondata will my car blow up?" Civic owners these days..... :doh:

OP
OP
Xlohen

Xlohen

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
So what you're saying now is your running it without a tune? Not that you "regret it because you need the street for regular check ups" like your original post says? Lol boy you could have just posted "Bought race maf without ktuner/hondata will my car blow up?" Civic owners these days..... :doh:
Bro bro I think u need a drink or something cause u still freaking out when u didn’t get the point of my thread

sLing

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Type R
Does the street maf even pass smog? And dealership not gonna care about smog. If it's warranty you're worried about you need just need to return it in stock condition

ebatr24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Sport hatch owners are really something I tell you..... :rofl:

I should have read your other posts and realized the kind of person I was talking to, Mr I blew up a v6 camaro. :rofl:

OP
OP
Xlohen

Xlohen

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag

I should have read your other posts and realized the kind of person I was talking to, Mr I blew up a v6 camaro. :rofl:
Damn I got a fan, but if this thread is really bothering you, you could just idk, do something else with your life? Lol

ebatr24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Damn I got a fan, but if this thread is really bothering you, you could just idk, do something else with your life? Lol
I got nothing but time today man lol. I just think it's funny because you keep saying I don't get the point of your thread. So I am just wondering, are you really this dense or are you trolling?

Just to recap:
1. Your initial post says you regret getting a Race MAF because you might need to go to the dealer for check ups, recalls, maintenance, etc....

2. Others post asking why you need to go to the dealer? And I posted a solution that makes the stock intake an easy swap on for dealer visits, etc...

3. You respond I just want to hear stories of people blowing up their engines running Race MAFs with stock cars (Assuming there are a bunch of people stupid enough to do this)

4. I say it sounds like you just want to run a Race MAF with a stock car..... (because it does) and even tell you that it's not going to blow up your car and why it requires scaling on a MAF based car.

5. Now your like "bro you just don't get the point of my thread" "bro you need a drink"

lmao like where is your common sense. Like why do you need to hear of others misfortunes if they did something dumb if you're not gonna do it yourself? You'd have drivability issues long before blowing up a car just because of the Race MAF.

Sal

First Name
Sally
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic
Country flag

They put on type r wings
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.