Delete this thread tired of arguing with a child :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xlohen

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
Man I’ve honestly been stuck thinking I’m an idiot for getting the Race MAF, just for the fact that Ima have to end up buying the street MAF just for regular check ups at the dealership, anyone have any experience flashing a Race MAF to stock? Lol

Edit - for ebatr24, I do not plan on running no tune with a race MAF ;)
Sponsored

Last edited:

Kotaas

First Name
Ruben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 civic si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Man I’ve honestly been stuck thinking I’m an idiot for getting the Race MAF, just for the fact that Ima have to end up buying the street MAF just for regular check ups at the dealership, anyone have any experience flashing a Race MAF to stock? Lol
Maaan I’d be down to swap my street for your race if you were local ?

COOL COUPE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic SI coupe (red) Skunk 2 shift knob BOV Spacer Plate (red) K&N Panel Filter Dual Muffler Delete
Country flag
What's a regular check up? I don't do anything with fluids except for oil. I owned a Chevy Beretta in 1996 midus muffler convinced me to change my transmission fluid. I did so and ... I needed a new transmission. I owned a 2001 Pontiac grand prix and changed no fluid and no maintenance past 100 k ... No problems. F the stealership. There is nothing that needs attention until 100000 miles. Once you got that the car value takes a dump. The shortest straw has been pulled for you ...

hobby-man

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 WRX STi, 2018 Sport Touring Hatchback (sold)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Do not run the Race MAF on the stock tune if thats what you're implying. Terrible idea.

You are tuned presumably, so why are you going for regular check ups (or check ups at all??) At the dealer? Find a good local mechanic who doesn't give a shit that you're tuned, and save some money while you're at it.

geeeek

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black Civic Hatch Sport 6MT
Country flag
Do not run the Race MAF on the stock tune if thats what you're implying. Terrible idea.

You are tuned presumably, so why are you going for regular check ups (or check ups at all??) At the dealer? Find a good local mechanic who doesn't give a shit that you're tuned, and save some money while you're at it.
Is there anything we actually need to take to the dealer besides trying to get recall or warranty work? I'm thinking of all the general maintenance stuff to replace and it seems ok

-engine oil
-spark plugs
-brake pads
-tires
-intake filter
-cabin filter
-battery
-probably missing a few

and tires you could take to a local shop to mount+balance for cheap

ebatr24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type R, 2018 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
You can actually just undo the large hose at the bottom where it connects to the plastic tube that puts the filter in front of the wheel. Throw the stock airbox on and upload a stock tune or basemap to go in for service. Then go back and put the intake back from the inlet pipe to the big plastic tube. Should take maybe 20 minutes at best. No need for the stock maf housing

OP
OP
Xlohen

Xlohen

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag

Is there anything we actually need to take to the dealer besides trying to get recall or warranty work? I'm thinking of all the general maintenance stuff to replace and it seems ok

-engine oil
-spark plugs
-brake pads
-tires
-intake filter
-cabin filter
-battery
-probably missing a few

and tires you could take to a local shop to mount+balance for cheap
I’m more worried about recalls, but my question is more like has anyone had experience messing up their engine being stock with a race MAF ?

hobby-man

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
I’m more worried about recalls, but my question is more like has anyone had experience messing up their engine being stock with a race MAF ?
What do you mean "stock engine". It's fine (but not ideal) on an engine with no other bolt ons. Optimal for bigger turbo setups. But you MUST be tuned.

Reactions: Sal
OP
OP
Xlohen

Xlohen

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
What do you mean "stock engine". It's fine (but not ideal) on an engine with no other bolt ons. Optimal for bigger turbo setups. But you MUST be tuned.
I mean when ur not tuned with it

OP
OP
Xlohen

Xlohen

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
If you like check engine lights, messed up fuel trims, and misfires.
Bro bro I just want stories of other people doing it I’m not planning on doing that anytime soon ?

ebatr24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Bro bro I just want stories of other people doing it I’m not planning on doing that anytime soon ?
Sounds like you just want to run a Race MAF on a stock tune car. Just do it, and see what happens. It's not gonna blow up your car, you'll quickly learn why you can't and shouldn't.

OP
OP
Xlohen

Xlohen

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Sounds like you just want to run a Race MAF on a stock tune car. Just do it, and see what happens. It's not gonna blow up your car, you'll quickly learn why you can't and shouldn't.
Again I’m not planning on doing it, your missing the point of this thread

hobby-man

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
NOBODY has done it intentionally, that's my point. It can't be used without a tune. The only stories you'll find are people who got a street tune by accident and needed it immediately corrected. Or vice versa (race tune / street maf).

Misfires and CELs.

ebatr24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Again I’m not planning on doing it, your missing the point of this thread
I am not missing the point at all. If anything you just made a pointless thread because it sounds like you want to run a Race MAF on a stock tune car. Your original post was about running the intake to the dealer for maintenance, recalls, etc... I gave you a solution earlier that is fairly easy to do if you really needed a solution. You seem to come back insisting on getting feedback from people running a Race MAF on stock cars.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.