Decided on a 2021 Civic Hatchback as my first new car. Unsure on Trim level.

pandoraa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Liberty
Country flag
Hey all, title says it all. I'm really debating between the sport and ex trim since the price is pretty similar. Just looking for any input or suggestion you guys would have. Will be a daily driver, but I wouldn't mind throwing some additional cash into some minor modding.

Thanks.
Sponsored

S2KGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Honda Civic Sport Hatch 6MT
Country flag
I just picked up a 2021 sport hatch 6MT… so that’s my vote.

Phy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Civic HB ST, '18 Civic HB EX, '04 Ford Ranger
Country flag
EX is a higher trim, at the cost of having very few exhaust options and no side skirts.

ilipac

@blueFK7
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
If you can live without heated seats and dual zone climate the sport is pretty damn good vs when I got my car in 2018. I wanted everything so I got a sport touring

Pitt-Civ

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Explorer, 2020 Civic Hatch EX
Country flag
I was in the same boat back in September. I was content with a sport, but bought the EX. I liked the center exhaust, and sportier look of the sport,but actually glad I got the EX instead. Living in PA during the winter it was nice having the heated seats (they even come on when you remote start). The heated mirrors are also nice to stop snow & ice buildup, or even when the fog over while driving. Then you also get the bigger screen, which I also didn't think I'd need, but man it's nice having my Waze app on a screen that size. I agree the sport has a nicer look, but mine is a daily also and I like the comforts of the EX knowing the motor etc are the same as in the sport.

robertk328

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Civic EX Hatchback
Country flag
Can you get a sunroof on the sport? I went with EX for that alone, the extra stuff was a nice bonus.

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase

robertk328

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Civic EX Hatchback
Country flag
Only the expensive Sport Touring not the regular Sport hatch.
Gotcha. With the ‘22 coming maybe a deal is to be had but that’s a good chunk of change for the touring.

Phy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
The touring is also the only way to get ex stuff and a manual

TopCatCt

First Name
Colin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic X Sport
Country flag
I bought a 2018 sport, 1.5, and I love it, plenty of performance, economical, and loads of tech

bcrichster

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Sport 2.0L, 1998 Civic LX D16-MiniMe
Country flag
I was on the fence between the Sport an EX as well until I met the ridiculous pwr seats and sunroof. Here's why:
1. From an engineering standpoint, the more moving objects something has, the more likelihood and sooner you'll have issues.
2. Every Gawd. Damn. Time. I opened the doors or turned car on/off, them blasted seats would move. And move again. AND AGAIN. ? Now for most ppl, that may not be an issue.. but for me with constant leg surgeries and stuff, it was atrocious test driving.
3. That excessive moving burns up them damn motors sooner and more often = ¢0$t$ repairs.
4. "F" that sunroof.. you ever had one leak on you? If you did, you might not ever want another one. Ever. Plus, the cloth liners on our beloved Honda's sunroof covers (inside @ ceiling) seem to wear quicker than the actual ceiling liner itself.. probably just a result of more contact but makes it look.. ..very worn ahead of time, before the rest of the car gets close to that point. It drove me nuts, Lol.

Afterthought: the only downside I seen to the Sport over the EX was only the center exhaust prohibiting the addition of a Reese Hitch on the Sport models, which is a bad idea on a CVT transmission to begin with. Obviously no biggie with Manual trans tho..

I already have a Reese Hitch on my '98 L/EX Sedan, so it didn't bother me anyways.

Phy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I was on the fence between the Sport an EX as well until I met the ridiculous pwr seats and sunroof. Here's why:
1. From an engineering standpoint, the more moving objects something has, the more likelihood and sooner you'll have issues.
2. Every Gawd. Damn. Time. I opened the doors or turned car on/off, them blasted seats would move. And move again. AND AGAIN. ? Now for most ppl, that may not be an issue.. but for me with constant leg surgeries and stuff, it was atrocious test driving.
3. That excessive moving burns up them damn motors sooner and more often = ¢0$t$ repairs.
4. "F" that sunroof.. you ever had one leak on you? If you did, you might not ever want another one. Ever. Plus, the cloth liners on our beloved Honda's sunroof covers (inside @ ceiling) seem to wear quicker than the actual ceiling liner itself.. probably just a result of more contact but makes it look.. ..very worn ahead of time, before the rest of the car gets close to that point. It drove me nuts, Lol.

Afterthought: the only downside I seen to the Sport over the EX was only the center exhaust prohibiting the addition of a Reese Hitch on the Sport models, which is a bad idea on a CVT transmission to begin with. Obviously no biggie with Manual trans tho..

I already have a Reese Hitch on my '98 L/EX Sedan, so it didn't bother me anyways.
I've never heard of the seats moving on their own. My wifes ex never had the seats move, and neither has my sport touring.

bcrichster

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Sport 2.0L, 1998 Civic LX D16-MiniMe
Country flag
I've never heard of the seats moving on their own. My wifes ex never had the seats move, and neither has my sport touring.
Yes.. there were like 2 Buttons on the door handle for saving the seat settings but they still don't stay in place when the car got turned on/off. After 2 EX's and a Touring model doing same thing, I was done, Lol. Went with a Sport afterwards and I Love it.

Phy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Yes.. there were like 2 Buttons on the door handle for saving the seat settings but they still don't stay in place when the car got turned on/off. After 2 EX's and a Touring model doing same thing, I was done, Lol. Went with a Sport afterwards and I Love it.
Is that on the 21's? I wish her 18 had that so I didn't have to adjust it to drive.

Pitt-Civ

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Explorer, 2020 Civic Hatch EX
Country flag
Is that on the 21's? I wish her 18 had that so I didn't have to adjust it to drive.
Idk I have a 20 EX and mine don't have any buttons to keep my seat placed, and have never had them move on their own.
Sponsored