Debadged.

ElGatoGordo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic EX CBM
I used fishing line and no heat. My emblems came right off with some residue. I used spray goo gone and the C from my civic logo to peel the gunk off. Total time: 5 minutes
Sponsored

hybrid81

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Touring
Vehicle Showcase
I used googone to take my badges off if I remember correctly.

The OEM Honda ones came off in a matter of minutes. It was the god damn dealer sticker that took a ridiculous amount of time to remove.

shoelessryan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic sport hatch
Country flag
I just don't get the whole debadging thing. People do this to motorcycles alot too. Why buy a Honda and then remove the Honda badge? Are you ashamed of it? I'm not criticizing, just don't get it. In my opinion all debadging does is make a vehicle look cheap.
I removed my civic and sport from the back of my hatch. More than anything because it's a bitch to get all the wax out of all of those tiny letter spaces!!

Brandons2697

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX
So I'm wanting to debadge my car, I've owned it since 1-27-16. My only concern is will the paint be a different color once I remove the emblem? I don't want to be able to see a color difference. Anyone recently remove theirs after owning it for a while?

OP
OP

2slo4u

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic, FRS
Vehicle Showcase
So I'm wanting to debadge my car, I've owned it since 1-27-16. My only concern is will the paint be a different color once I remove the emblem? I don't want to be able to see a color difference. Anyone recently remove theirs after owning it for a while?
I've done emblem removal for cars as long as 10 years after being bought new and it does leave a slight color difference but just imagine a sun tan. It'll be there for awhile but it will slowly blend in.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Looking
Country flag
Anyone de-badge a white 2017 hatchback yet? I'm considering it. Obviously the McDavid badge I unfortunately got. I hate when dealers do that.... But whatever, advertising...

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Looking
Country flag
Anyone de-badge a white 2017 hatchback yet? I'm considering it. Obviously the McDavid badge I unfortunately got. I hate when dealers do that.... But whatever, advertising...
I ended up taking them off tonight. No regrets. Glad I did. But since I didn't find a white hatch on here - I am posting the photo of mine. Took them at night, but if you want day shots, just let me know.

I also replaced the stupid chrome dealer plate trim (which had their name on it) with a gloss black one I found. 95% match to the gloss black on the car. It's not AS glossy, but heck, no one would be the wiser. Looks clean now ;-)

Honda Civic 10th gen Debadged. DeBadged

AIBO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Debadged and washed the hatch this morning, I think it looks much cleaner now! Immediately after I took it on the road I saw this dude in an accord taking pictures behind me. :D
Honda Civic 10th gen Debadged. N9NQLyq

SHIFTY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic ex-t coupe 6-spd
Just bought the 2107 ex-t coupe, and the only thing I didn't love about the car is the trunk. It just seemed too busy. Now these looks great! Cleans it up and makes it less busy. Thanks, I've decided to de-badge mine as well.

SHIFTY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic ex-t coupe 6-spd
Just bought the 2107 ex-t coupe, and the only thing I didn't love about the car is the trunk. It just seemed too busy. Now these looks great! Cleans it up and makes it less busy. Thanks, I've decided to de-badge mine as well.
Got it done Friday. Read all through the DIY part, and was still worried, so brought it to my buddy who owns a body shop. He said he'd charge me 1/2 hour shop rate, which I thought was reasonable as I was still worried about the paint. So I brought it there, and was in the process of pouring myself a coffee, and my car drives up beside the building. It was done and he never charged me anything!! Guys like that are ones I'd recommend to anyone.

Honda Civic 10th gen Debadged. 20170203_130038[1]

Honda Civic 10th gen Debadged. 20170203_132458[1]

Honda Civic 10th gen Debadged. 20170204_161513[1]

Had a guy ask me what kind of car it was on Saturday after coming out of the hockey arena and busted him looking at it. Lol.

spicy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 WOP Civic Hatch Sport Touring 6SP
Vehicle Showcase
I ended up taking them off tonight. No regrets. Glad I did. But since I didn't find a white hatch on here - I am posting the photo of mine. Took them at night, but if you want day shots, just let me know.

I also replaced the stupid chrome dealer plate trim (which had their name on it) with a gloss black one I found. 95% match to the gloss black on the car. It's not AS glossy, but heck, no one would be the wiser. Looks clean now ;-)

DeBadged.jpg
is that the stock license plate bulb you are using?!

fightermav

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Coupe 1.5T WOP
Done. Took 4 minutes with a emblem remover tool. Opened it into the sun for heat for 10 and then got it off with only two tiny spots of adhesive that I just took off with my fingernail then some Chemical Guys Speed Wipe spray and boom. Clean.

Honda Civic 10th gen Debadged. IMG_0768.JPG

360glitch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Accord Sport 2.0T, 2017 Si Sedan (Sold), 2017 Sport Hatchback (Sold)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

DeBadged.jpg
Day shots please.

Sonic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 sport touring hatch
Vehicle Showcase
so googone is safe for the paint? causes no issues? are there any better options for the residue if there were any concerns about it?

Brandons2697

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX
so googone is safe for the paint? causes no issues? are there any better options for the residue if there were any concerns about it?
Googone won't damage your paint, but before using it, just try scraping it with your thumb nail.
Sponsored