Debadged.

jdewd250

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Aegean blue EX hatch has joined my 2016 Civic EX sedan
Country flag
very nice!! glad a few of us are doing it. cleaner look yeah?
I lot cleaner look, and the fact that virtually nobody knows what it is now is hilarious!!

cryptic55

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
honda accord
Country flag
I have an 08 accord and I am actually thinking about purchasing the new civic just cause my commute is far for work. Is it possible if you can list step by step how to remove the civic letter on the rear? appreciate it greatly

jdewd250

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Aegean blue EX hatch has joined my 2016 Civic EX sedan
Country flag
I have an 08 accord and I am actually thinking about purchasing the new civic just cause my commute is far for work. Is it possible if you can list step by step how to remove the civic letter on the rear? appreciate it greatly
It peels right off.

I used a plastic scraper and gently pushed each letter off. Virtually no adhesive tape left on the car. Just rubbed off adhesive with my thumb.

The whole process took about 2 minutes. Adhesive tape and all.

Super easy.

H_P

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 Si
It peels right off.

I used a plastic scraper and gently pushed each letter off. Virtually no adhesive tape left on the car. Just rubbed off adhesive with my thumb.

The whole process took about 2 minutes. Adhesive tape and all.

Super easy.
If you're going to debadge, the earlier and newer the car the better. The adhesive is easiest to take off the newer it is. After it's been on the car for years the adhesive is more likely to come off in pieces and leave more residue.

cryptic55

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
honda accord
Country flag
If you're going to debadge, the earlier and newer the car the better. The adhesive is easiest to take off the newer it is. After it's been on the car for years the adhesive is more likely to come off in pieces and leave more residue.
Appreciate all the info. thaks a lot H-P and jdewd

crea78

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Accord Sport, 2016 Civic EX-T
Vehicle Showcase
Will be doing my car in the next few days. Can't tell from pictures, is the Civic emblem one piece or individual letters?

crea78

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I guess debadged related, but anyone with a front license plate and their state doesn't require it, I typically buy bumper plugs from www.bumperplugs.com. It makes the front bumper look much nicer not having the dealer plate or holes in your bumper. However, the price is a little steep-- ~$38 with shipping.

crea78

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Started on the debadging on the Civic Emblem. Compared to my Accord which I did 2 years ago, this one is taking much longer even with using Goo Gone. The glue is really on there. I got all accept one C and the V done which I'll have to do later since I ran out of time with my going to work soon.

Did install the bumper plugs which makes the front bumper look much cleaner.

Last edited:

dynamicpressure

R-00040
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Type R, 2016 Honda Civic EX-L 1.5T, 2014 Honda Civic EX-L, 2007 Hyundai Sonata SE
Started on the debadging on the Civic Emblem. Compared to my Accord which I did 2 years ago, this one is taking much longer even with using Goo Gone. The glue is really on there. I got all accept one C and the V done which I'll have to do later since I ran out of time with my going to work soon.

Did install the bumper plugs which makes the front bumper look much cleaner.
Where did you get your bumper plugs? I hate the front plate holder, distracts from the fascia. Did you get them in the color to match your car?

jason2811

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Camry
So I saw this thread and decided to make an account. She's about a month old now (not sure how much of the adhesive should have stuck on) but I thought I'd try the flossing trick. I removed it and I saw this:
Honda Civic 10th gen Debadged. IMG_0461.JPG
Honda Civic 10th gen Debadged. IMG_0462.JPG

That is A LOT more adhesive than I thought it'd be.

I promptly putted the C back on and know for sure need to clean it now.

Do you guys think I should use googone or should I proceed to just keep scraping it with my nail? Not sure if alcohol wipes would work. And I wouldn't want to leave a scar that couldnt be removed later on. Just wondering if anyone else had this experience.

Edit: after about 8 minutes of thumb scraping....

Honda Civic 10th gen Debadged. IMG_0465.JPG

Last edited:

crea78

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Definitely use goo gone! It took me awhile to do all the letters and nail scraping as well. It's totally worth it in the end!!

Also, use a quick detailer or something similar to take the goo gone residue off of your paint.
Sponsored