Debadged or blacked out?

• Total voters

hobby-man

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 WRX STi, 2018 Sport Touring Hatchback (sold)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Title. Just changed over to Type R emblems and removed the badges from my sport touring hatch. I decided to paint the emblems in "carbon mist" metallic (basically a metallic black). Should I stay debadged, or re-attach the blacked out emblems?

Honda Civic 10th gen Debadged or blacked out? 20180819_175320

Honda Civic 10th gen Debadged or blacked out? 20180820_114435

Honda Civic 10th gen Debadged or blacked out? 20180820_114501

thatbvictor

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Sport HFP
Country flag
I think that debadged would look better on your build. Not many dark colors - I feel like blacked out badges would look out of place.

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic HB ST
Country flag
How hard was it to get the badges off? Did you have to heat them a bit? Thinking of doing this to my Hatch as well.

I'm getting the gloss black "H" emblems, I know there is a JDM gloss black for the "CIVIC", but not for the Sport or Touring.

OP
OP
hobby-man

hobby-man

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 WRX STi, 2018 Sport Touring Hatchback (sold)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
How hard was it to get the badges off? Did you have to heat them a bit? Thinking of doing this to my Hatch as well.

I'm getting the gloss black "H" emblems, I know there is a JDM gloss black for the "CIVIC", but not for the Sport or Touring.
Yeah, I've seen those black civic badges. I'm anal about everything being identical though so no sport or touring badges would drive me nuts lol.

It was a bitch getting the badges off honestly. And I've only had this car 2 months. I did it in my parking garage so no solar heat and no plug for a hair drier.

I cut them off using dental floss and the amount of tape left was crazy. I taped things off and soaked it in automotive goo gone while I went for lunch. Combine this with a non-marring pry tool as a scraper and a microfiber soaked in goo gone to follow up. Had to do this twice but it all came off.

I'm wary about sticking them back on now lol.

Honda Civic 10th gen Debadged or blacked out? 20180819_131711
Sponsored