First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si
Country flag
Any reason I shouldn't debadge my Si?
On my John Cooper Works Mini I wanted the JCW showing. If I had gotten a Type R same thing.
(not that the wings aren't a dead giveaway)
Personally prefer the cleaner look, but with logos on both side at least it feels balanced.
Going to black out the window trim and probably the H emblems.
Thoughts?
-Steve
Sponsored

jakabony

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si, 2019 Honda CR-V EX-L, 2017 Subaru Forester
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Any reason I shouldn't debadge my Si?
On my John Cooper Works Mini I wanted the JCW showing. If I had gotten a Type R same thing.
(not that the wings aren't a dead giveaway)
Personally prefer the cleaner look, but with logos on both side at least it feels balanced.
Going to black out the window trim and probably the H emblems.
Thoughts?
-Steve
I'd say it depends on the color of your Si. I really like the Type R badges against the WOP color on mine. It pops. As far as other badges, I like the Si on the back, and I will leave the Civic emblem too, so it is symmetrical. I am not a fan of adding any other logos or stickers. I prefer a cleaner look.

17siturb0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic si sedan, 2006 civic si coupe
Would keep it the way it is, looks dumb without the badges. You have the Si, might as well show it. What’s the point of taking them off? If you want to hide the fact that it’s a Si that makes no sense.

ClemsonPatriot

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I would "debadge" the Honda emblems and replace w/ the JDM Red ones. But to remove entirely, no.

bembol

SHIFT_
First Name
Rafael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 FK7 Sport Touring, 20 Audi Q3 Progressiv
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
De-badge.

I prefer the clean look.

I know some feel the need to let others know what they're driving. Makes no difference if I'm driving an Si, Type R, etc. Audi RS5, BMW M4, Mercedes C43. I'm taking it off.

T_A_H

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Sedan 2012 Honda Accord LX-P
Country flag
De-badge.

I prefer the clean look.

I know some feel the need to let others know what they're driving. Makes no difference if I'm driving an Si, Type R, etc. Audi RS5, BMW M4, Mercedes C43. I'm taking it off.
I mean, I feel the same way in regards to ADDING badges. I recently saw a Civic EX-T Coupe with a Type R badge. When I rolled up next to him in my Si, he rolled up his window.

But nobody is going to give you shit for leaving the car stock.

TheComebackKid

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 MSM Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I know some feel the need to let others know what they're driving.
Or some people for whatever reason want to keep the car stock so they don't remove the badges. I don't think most people keep them on because they feel the need to let others know they are driving an Si.

bembol

SHIFT_
First Name
Rafael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 FK7 Sport Touring, 20 Audi Q3 Progressiv
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
My bad didn't mean it that way.

I meant some who've seen my CivicX de-badged LIKED it but want to keep it on because they like the feeling of others knowing they have a "Touring."

My boy was like that when he first got his, took a few months and caved in.

Mick the Quick

First Name
Mick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 PMM Civic Type R (R-08508)
Country flag
I don't know, whenever I used to see a debadged 3 series BMW, I automatically assumed the owner was a poseur driving a 328i (instead of 335i) and ashamed of it.

totopo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic Ex Hatch, 370z
Country flag
Instead of making it feel clean I feel like when I see debadged cars driving around they look cheap. It might look better super polished and wax under good lights sitting in a garage or show, but somehow when I see a real car with it, especially older models, I feel like they look tacky and cheap.

The only people that debadge luxury cars are the ones that have the base versions

No one cares that you have an si or tourning civic other than 1) other civic owners 2) super car enthusiasts. They are both civics to like 99.9999% of people.

T_A_H

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Sedan 2012 Honda Accord LX-P
Country flag
It's always made me wonder why people debadge or, worse, falsely badge their cars.

On the former, anyone who would care about what kind of trim you have already knows by the other indicating features, unless it's a fully customized show car. But I'll accept "for the clean look" as a legitimate reason. But let's be honest, there a lot of people who do this for deception.

On the latter, who are you trying to impress? Anyone who cares or knows enough about what a Typme R is will know you're full of shit. Just like that EX-T I saw that had many Type R disqualifying features (coupe, small EXT wheels, etc).

Anyone who doesn't know what a Type R is...... Doesn't care lol.

Instead of making it feel clean I feel like when I see debadged cars driving around they look cheap. It might look better super polished and wax under good lights sitting in a garage or show, but somehow when I see a real car with it, especially older models, I feel like they look tacky and cheap.

The only people that debadge luxury cars are the ones that have the base versions

No one cares that you have an si or tourning civic other than 1) other civic owners 2) super car enthusiasts. They are both civics to like 99.9999% of people.