MrPeeck

First Name
Ulises
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
I was recently involved in an accident where my 2018 Hatchback Sport was totaled. It was a fantastic car, but i want something a little more. My natural next step was a 2020 Si Sedan. The only problem is that due to COVID and it being the last year for this Si, dealerships are claiming the Si is now a "limited production" car. I've contacted more than 20 dealerships in the Southern California area, and not a single one will settle for anything but MSRP despite how much I attempt to negotiate.

In worse cases, there are dealerships charging over MSRP. One place quoted me 29k for an Si before taxes and fees. Is anyone else experiencing the same difficult dealing with dealerships? As much as I like the Si, I would rather not pay nearly 30k OTD for one.

Alternatively, I did find a used 2020 with just 8k miles on it for less than 24k out the door. Would anyone have reservations about buying a used Si. It seems like an incredibly low price. Almost too good to be true. All help and advice is greatly appreciated.
Sponsored

justasimpleman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜20 PWP FC1 Si
Country flag
I was quoted just under 25k before tax and license with a Costco membership at a Southern California honda dealership.

most dealers Iā€™ve checked are asking 26155 before taxes/etc.

Iā€™d suggest going in, and haggling price, at least try to get some extras thrown in, or discount on warranty. Just stand firm, and walk if youā€™re not happy with the price. Chances are, one dealership will be willing to work with you if they see youā€™re serious.

charleswrivers

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 Odyssey, '94 300zx, 2001 F-150
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Depending on your state taxes <24k OTD isnā€™t terrible. Itā€™s still a used car... but if itā€™s a CPO with a 7 year/100k powertrain warranty at no additional cost... that would be sweetened substantially if thatā€™s of value to you. Iā€™d go over the car very closely and nickel and dime each and every flaw and have them put in writing the car has no preexisting overrev code stored that would be cause for denial of a future warranty claim. Thereā€™s been a few instances of people buying used manual Civics and being surprised by warranty denial down the road.

The Sis are getting fewer and further between... with the invoice/MSRP having nudged up since itā€™s release. While I donā€™t think itā€™s a deal thatā€™s setting the world on fire... if the car is immaculate and was a CPO... itā€™s not bad. I just got offered $20.4K for my 3 year old ā€˜18 Si with 29k miles at the time last month. I was kind of surprised at the offer as it was more than I was going to even push for and the car I was looking at was also priced competitively... though I passed. Sis do seem to be in high demand. There was a used Ralley Red at a dealer down the road from my house (small town) that didnā€™t last more than a couple weeks.

MazdaMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si
Country flag
I was recently involved in an accident where my 2018 Hatchback Sport was totaled. It was a fantastic car, but i want something a little more. My natural next step was a 2020 Si Sedan. The only problem is that due to COVID and it being the last year for this Si, dealerships are claiming the Si is now a "limited production" car. I've contacted more than 20 dealerships in the Southern California area, and not a single one will settle for anything but MSRP despite how much I attempt to negotiate.

In worse cases, there are dealerships charging over MSRP. One place quoted me 29k for an Si before taxes and fees. Is anyone else experiencing the same difficult dealing with dealerships? As much as I like the Si, I would rather not pay nearly 30k OTD for one.

Alternatively, I did find a used 2020 with just 8k miles on it for less than 24k out the door. Would anyone have reservations about buying a used Si. It seems like an incredibly low price. Almost too good to be true. All help and advice is greatly appreciated.
You may need to pay MSRP if you're really keen on a new SI. I work in the automotive industry and Covid has, unsurprisingly, cause a lot of issues with production. It's better now then it was back in the summer, but new supply is limited. I think a used 2020 with 8k for $24,000 isn't a bad deal. This generation of SI is solid. I've put 18k on mine and have had zero issues. It's not driven lightly either.
Sponsored