Dealerships Around GTA

250GTCalifornia

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Country flag
I didn't see a post regarding dealerships around the GTA for sales and service. My friend told me to avoid Markham Honda as they gave him a bad experience while servicing his car there and when he tried to buy a Civic SI there. The sales rep just assumed he wanted to joy ride the car when my friend asked for a test drive.

My friend ended up getting the car from Midtown and even though the dealership is out of the way he takes the car there to be serviced as well and has nothing but good things to say.

Are there any dealerships you know about that we should be rewarding with our wallets and cautious with our patronage?
Sponsored

GTAHatch

First Name
Dane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic 1.5T Sport Hatch MT
Vehicle Showcase
I didn't see a post regarding dealerships around the GTA for sales and service. My friend told me to avoid Markham Honda as they gave him a bad experience while servicing his car there and when he tried to buy a Civic SI there. The sales rep just assumed he wanted to joy ride the car when my friend asked for a test drive.

My friend ended up getting the car from Midtown and even though the dealership is out of the way he takes the car there to be serviced as well and has nothing but good things to say.

Are there any dealerships you know about that we should be rewarding with our wallets and cautious with our patronage?
Heard Pickering Honda is good. I went to Whitby and didn't have any problems. But I heard good things about Pickering.

TAXMASTA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 civic MT
Country flag
Heard Pickering Honda is good. I went to Whitby and didn't have any problems. But I heard good things about Pickering.
Pickering service treated me horribly, I would not recomend them for a service or a warranty issue. The busing experience was nice though , dan was great

skstyle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Coupe EX-T
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

I also heard about Markham Honda's crap service. Been going to Formula Honda and its been great so far

Last edited:

LeaveEarly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic HB LX HS
My experience is with buying a civic hatchback, Maple Honda were arrogant and quoted me $500 above MSRP and claiming they can't lower the price. Ended up calling every dealership within GTA and every single one offered me a competitive price (keep in mind non of them had the car and it had to be ordered). As soon as I told them another dealer quoted me a lower price they asked which one then told me they can suddenly lower the price? I ended up going with 7honda on hwy 7 and martin grove in woodbridge. A dealer quoted me for 27300 otd for civic HB LX with HS. MRSP was 28 850 for the trim. Recommend everyone who is buying cash to go to 7honda for best price.

ShuJam

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Sport Touring Hatchback
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I got my Sport Touring from Honda Downtown with over $1600 off MSRP. I only had to wait a couple of weeks for a sonic grey pearl one, as they had a white orchid pearl to trade with another dealership that had an SGP. Also got a trunk try thrown in (but still waiting for it - it's on back order).

While the price was great, I wasn't very happy with the delivery experience though. They seemed to have rushed the car prep - there was still some plastic on the interior trim, including on the gas pedal, interior windows were not cleaned, there was some dust marks on the leather, and some deep paint scratches - I picked it up on a cloudy and rainy day, so it was hard to see the defects until I saw it in bright sunlight. I got most of the scratches removed when I took it to a professional detailer to polish and get Opti-Coat Pro applied.

My brother also bought a 2017 CR-V from them, and his vehicle was prepped better than mine.

Milo & Miles

Is there anything that won't fit into this car?
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Sport Hatch
[scribbles down Pickering Honda on short list]:)

Milo & Miles

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Sport Hatch
Pickering service treated me horribly, I would not recomend them for a service or a warranty issue. The busing experience was nice though , dan was great
[scratches out Pickering Honda from short list] :( Dangit! the very next post...

Milo & Miles

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Sport Hatch
My experience is with buying a civic hatchback, Maple Honda were arrogant and quoted me $500 above MSRP and claiming they can't lower the price. Ended up calling every dealership within GTA and every single one offered me a competitive price (keep in mind non of them had the car and it had to be ordered). As soon as I told them another dealer quoted me a lower price they asked which one then told me they can suddenly lower the price? I ended up going with 7honda on hwy 7 and martin grove in woodbridge. A dealer quoted me for 27300 otd for civic HB LX with HS. MRSP was 28 850 for the trim. Recommend everyone who is buying cash to go to 7honda for best price.
Agreed with your assessment of Maple. Went in there to test drive a Sport Manual. When the salesman asked exactly what I was looking for, I said Blue Hatch, Manual. He checks the inventory and said, "oh, we do have a blue hatch manual" so I ask if I can test it. He said Nope. Let me test a Sport Touring CVT. Obviously at that moment I knew I wasn't going to buy from them, but wanted to waste his time anyway.

Milo & Miles

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Sport Hatch
I also heard about Markham Honda's crap service. Been going to Formula Honda and its been great so far
Fun story, one night on a weekday I was in the drive thru at the McDonald's just across from Formula Honda. It was a warm night so all my windows were open. All of a sudden, the External PA system at Formula Honda turns on and an automated announcement blares "Attention, Vacate the Premises Immediately. The Police Have been notified and have been dispatched."

Unfortunately, the story doesn't end with a bright red Civic Si tearing out of the parking lot and into the night, but that woulda been so neat. ;)

LeaveEarly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic HB LX HS
Yeah the manuals are hard to come by, based on what my dealer at 7honda told me. If you want an honest dealer and great price ask for Simon at 7honda. He is amazing and you will not be dissapponted :D
Agreed with your assessment of Maple. Went in there to test drive a Sport Manual. When the salesman asked exactly what I was looking for, I said Blue Hatch, Manual. He checks the inventory and said, "oh, we do have a blue hatch manual" so I ask if I can test it. He said Nope. Let me test a Sport Touring CVT. Obviously at that moment I knew I wasn't going to buy from them, but wanted to waste his time anyway.

mechatune

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2.slow
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
So far we've bought 3 cars from Action Honda. Honest and straight to the point. PM me for more info.
Delivery was great- one car was taffeta white and had 0 rail dust, and service was always smooth. Tip- learn how to change your own air filters.

Markham and Parkway Honda offered no discounts at the time and came with the usual old school car sales approach. :doh:

Any dealership in Maple would probably suck- too rich of a neighbourhood. Would probably have to be part of the "family" to get a discount. :bat::rofl:

ShuJam

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Sport Touring Hatchback
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Roadsport also hands out free lifetime oil changes like candy on Halloween.
Sponsored