KootenayCivic

First Name
Lorne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic LX 6MT
Country flag
The lots are a bit thin here in the Kootenays too. The local Honda dealer has a Type R on the lot though. The SI is another matter. Hard to get right now. I was lucky to get my hands on my LX 6MT when I could not get an SI. Any non-SI with 6MT is fairly rare around here.

Other lots like Kia, Toyota, etc are looking a little thin.
Sponsored

OP
OP
jtrader

jtrader

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 FK7 6MT, 2018 FK7 CVT, 2022 Odyssey EXL
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

Doc_Mello

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CBP Si Coupe
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I got lucky and bought a 21 WRX the day it was delivered. I had been watching the dealers site. I’m in NY and same. Empty lots. I got lucky to. Got the WRX at MSRP and more for my SI on trade than what I originally paid.
That’s basically a unicorn deal!

DRUSA

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R 2000 Honda S2000
Country flag
Right now we have about 15-25% of our normal inventory amount. Usually maybe around 200-250 cars on hand. We have probably 40-50 new cars tops from what I've seen at our lot. The new cars seem to last less than a week right now when we do get them. We have a "market adjustment" on all the cars of $2500 over sticker not including all the garbage we add on in accessories.

For some comparison, the Dodge dealer next to us I haven't seen a single new car on their lot in months, NOTHING. Volkswagen only has 18 units from what I counted walking by. It's everyone, some hit harder than others.

Parts department is hit hard too. We've had a lot of parts on back order for weeks now. I tell the new guys at the shop to drive very carefully right now, if they break a part or scratch a bumper it may be months before we can fix it on a customer that came in for an oil change.

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Just to update my earlier post on the mega Honda dealership here in my area. Their typical new car inventory is around 1500 cars total at their 7 dealerships. That's about 215 new cars per store.

They currently have 385 new cars listed in combined inventory on their website. That's only 55 new cars per store.

OP
OP
jtrader

jtrader

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Just to update my earlier post on the mega Honda dealership here in my area. Their typical new car inventory is around 1500 cars total at their 7 dealerships. That's about 215 new cars per store.

They currently have 385 new cars listed in combined inventory on their website. That's only 55 new cars per store.
The funny thing about online dealer listings is that most of those cars aren't physically at the dealership. For example, every local dealer website around me shows 4-10 Odysseys in stock, yet in reality there are 0 or maybe 1 on the lot. Dealer websites lie. I feel this is done to deceive potential buyers to visit the dealer so they can then be baited/switched into ordering a new one from their dealership. They're all playing the game. If they show 0 cars, people will obviously go elsewhere. It sucks all around, so I go back to my original comment, it's a horrible time to be a buyer.

boosted180sx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR, 2016 ILX
Country flag
its not that they are lying, its just those online listings shows cars that are in transit and not just ones that are physically on the lot.

OP
OP
jtrader

jtrader

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
its not that they are lying, its just those online listings shows cars that are in transit and not just ones that are physically on the lot.
Unfortunately I've found it's not that simple. Some dealers keep vehicles on their website that have sold. Others just use pictures of old ones (that used to be on the lot) and insert them into new listings, so it appears to buyers that the vehicle is on their lot when it's not. All dealers show their in-transit cars (even if they're already sold and unavailable), but most also show cars that don't even exist yet because they're not built. Lots of games being played by dealers.

Last edited:

aegeanbluecivic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Honda Civic SGP Hatchback Sport
Country flag
Unfortunately I've found it's not that simple. Some dealers keep vehicles on their website that have sold. Others just use pictures of old ones (that used to be on the lot) and insert them into new listings, so it appears to buyers that the vehicle is on their lot when it's not. All dealers show their in-transit cars (even if they're already sold and unavailable), but most also show cars that don't even exist yet because they're not built. Lots of games being played by dealers.
Agree with this, I live in San Diego and both dealers I went to listed a specific car in a specific color that I wanted. I went to both and they said that they recently "just sold like 20 min ago" LOL. So of course they asked me to get a model in another color that is closer to when they will be receiving the next batch of cars.

One of the dealers did say that they have no physical inventory of certain models so we have to wait for delivery basically which conflicts since it is showing online they have 12 cars in stock. It's very annoying this bait and switch and I wish they would be more honest about it but it seems Honda is not doing anything about it...

MrJustin81

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si
Country flag
I was at my Honda dealer today for service. I saw 6 new cars in their back lot and 3 up front. 4 accords and 5 hr-vs.
looked as if one of the techs(I’m assuming) got the black R they had for months on a lease as it was in the emp parking. Also 2019 Si coupe with 22k miles, 27stickered. It’s crazy!
I paid 25k OTD on my Si coupe in early 2019

no1uknw

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Civic Sport Hatch
Country flag
I was at my Honda dealer today for service. I saw 6 new cars in their back lot and 3 up front. 4 accords and 5 hr-vs.
looked as if one of the techs(I’m assuming) got the black R they had for months on a lease as it was in the emp parking. Also 2019 Si coupe with 22k miles, 27stickered. It’s crazy!
I paid 25k OTD on my Si coupe in early 2019
If you think that pricing is crazy, check this one out at my local dealership

racerguy180

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1995 Acura Integra GS-R 2001 Acura Integra GS 2014 Acura MDX Advance
Country flag
That's ridiculous

pcsavvy

First Name
Vickie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport (Sonic Gray Pearl)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
My local Honda dealer is pretty bare of new cars. There are a few SUVs and some Accords and maybe a Civic or two. The other dealers are pretty bare of new cars too.
My lease is up next year and I pretty sure the inventory situation will be unchanged so I will probably keep my current car.

abc123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Civic Hatchvback Sport
Country flag
Agree with this, I live in San Diego and both dealers I went to listed a specific car in a specific color that I wanted. I went to both and they said that they recently "just sold like 20 min ago" LOL. So of course they asked me to get a model in another color that is closer to when they will be receiving the next batch of cars.

One of the dealers did say that they have no physical inventory of certain models so we have to wait for delivery basically which conflicts since it is showing online they have 12 cars in stock. It's very annoying this bait and switch and I wish they would be more honest about it but it seems Honda is not doing anything about it...
I am also in SD and noticed the exact same thing. Pacific Honda had what like 20-30 hatchbacks listed online LOL. But when you get there, there's 0 on the lot. In fact there were barely any cars whatsoever on their new car lot. Still I managed to order one which took about a month to receive. On the plus side, they didn't tack on any addons and managed to get about $400 off MSRP. The ordering/payment was very quick.

dstix747

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
My daughter's 2-year mark trade in appraisal is coming up in December, but I think we'll be buying hers out with the way the market is. I'm sure they won't have anything on the lot by then to lure her with. She hates the look of 11th gen though. That's my girl!

My 2 year mark is August '22 so I have a bit more time. I still think the market's going to suck by then, but mine is modded far beyond letting it go. I got my '20 right as they were hurting following shutdowns, but I got the benefits of that one. They gave me $7k at lease turn in, so I got my ST for the same price I paid for the EX I turned in ($22.8k).
Sponsored