Dealerships are ghost towns.... :-/

suhhh

First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current: 2020 Civic Si Coupe Past: 2018 Civic Si Coupe, 2014 Prius, 2013 Civic LX 5spd
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Went to one of the biggest Honda's dealers near me in North NJ, they barely have any new inventory and are struggling to even get some civics. Also struggling to get CRV's Accords.

However my family friend salesmen told me they'd be getting 3-5 Type R's later in the year around September... didn't think new dealers were going to get any new R's anymore because production stopped but he seemed confident in that?

If that is indeed true I'll be shopping later this year
Sponsored

armenls1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic Type R
Country flag
The gpu market might stabilize sooner than the car market. The scalper prices are slowly dropping. I’m lucky that I bought my gpu before the world shutdown. I’m kinda waiting for the cpu market to settle so I can upgrade my build. Preparing for windows 11. Idk what one of the programmers are smoking to lock out zen 1 cpus ?. I’ll probably try to go 12 or 16 core
I was able to pick up my 3080 in December after 3 months of waiting. Still rocking the 9900k for the moment, Easily doing all gaming at 4k and UltraWide and doing some content creation for the tech channel.

I'll be waiting for Alder Lake to see how the switch to DDR5 effects performance. No point upgrading yet. It's gonna be another interesting Christmas Holiday season, lol.

danfg2

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Platinum White Pearl Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
Thank God my old accord died in May 2020 and forced me to buy my SI. I was originally planning on saving up my money and wait til 2021 to buy it but glad I bought it earlier.

CVTsport18

Honda First Timer
First Name
Derrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Veloster N DCT
Country flag
The gpu market might stabilize sooner than the car market. The scalper prices are slowly dropping. I’m lucky that I bought my gpu before the world shutdown. I’m kinda waiting for the cpu market to settle so I can upgrade my build. Preparing for windows 11. Idk what one of the programmers are smoking to lock out zen 1 cpus ?. I’ll probably try to go 12 or 16 core
Hopefully it does. Even then, the MSRP for third party cooler designs seems high. Might be because reference coolers have never been better than they are at the moment. I got lucky and picked up my card on its launch last November. I feel for those still waiting, it's hell trying to get anything from a retailer.

I've noticed the local dealerships are low on stock here as well, minus Nissan which seems pretty stocked still. Guess they don't appeal to the local demographic.

charleswrivers

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 Odyssey, '94 300zx, 2001 F-150
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Hopefully it does. Even then, the MSRP for third party cooler designs seems high. Might be because reference coolers have never been better than they are at the moment. I got lucky and picked up my card on its launch last November. I feel for those still waiting, it's hell trying to get anything from a retailer.

I've noticed the local dealerships are low on stock here as well, minus Nissan which seems pretty stocked still. Guess they don't appeal to the local demographic.
I’d read that between lower earlier sales with an inventory buildup and from an initial large inventory of chips they’d stockpiled earlier they could reprogram as needed for its end purpose, Nissan had managed to have decent (better than expected) recent sales as they’d had decent inventory on hand. Not sure how long their surplus will last. I kind of think everything Nissan has are refreshes of mid-00 era stuff and isn’t too interesting. They did pull off their variable compression engine though… the Z is on the way bay… so maybe they’re on the way up. I’d of placed them as a good competitor to Honda and Toyota 15 years ago, but I thought the brand sort of stagnated with some of the Rogue/Juke design language just not appealing to me.

Honestly, if it wasn’t for another Z, there’s still nothing compelling to get me on their lot.

CVTsport18

Honda First Timer
First Name
Derrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Veloster N DCT
Country flag
I’d read that between lower earlier sales with an inventory buildup and from an initial large inventory of chips they’d stockpiled earlier they could reprogram as needed for its end purpose, Nissan had managed to have decent (better than expected) recent sales as they’d had decent inventory on hand. Not sure how long their surplus will last. I kind of think everything Nissan has are refreshes of mid-00 era stuff and isn’t too interesting. They did pull off their variable compression engine though… the Z is on the way bay… so maybe they’re on the way up. I’d of placed them as a good competitor to Honda and Toyota 15 years ago, but I thought the brand sort of stagnated with some of the Rogue/Juke design language just not appealing to me.

Honestly, if it wasn’t for another Z, there’s still nothing compelling to get me on their lot.
Appreciate the insight on Nissan. I know you're quite the Z enthusiast. I'm interested in how the new one will end up. Once the Civic is paid off I'll be looking for a weekend coupe and the next Z is on that short list.

ImMikeD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 FK8
Country flag
Chips are in short supply and it doesn't look like that'll slow down soon even into 2022. There's even reports of it likely lasting into 2023 already, with cases on the rise again too due to different variations and low vax rates, it could get even worse once we start going back into winter months if places decide to shut down again (my city/county has already put mask mandates back in place, granted MO is a shining example). I've been wanting to buy a few new cars, but no dealerships are willing to work deals for the most part, or those that are already have absurd markups to try and cover the deal ahead of time. We decided to stick with a single car for now until things begin to trend back down.

Don't rage at me if you come into the thread and don't believe in covid or the vaccine. I'm not here to argue that, and I know both sides exist here and like to get very heated about it. Take that shit somewhere else than a car forum.
I work at Laura Buick (East Side), and from what I've been told this is the first time we have ever sold trucks/Yukons for MSRP ...

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Speaking of low inventory. There's a Honda dealer here with a ton of dealerships throughout the state. When you go to check out new car inventory on one of their dealer sites, they list inventory for all the stores combined. Usually, that number is at or around 1,500 cars. Currently, there's a little over 400. That's about 27% of their normal inventory.

Last edited:

Civics4Ever

Rally Red EXT
First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 Civic Sedan LX, 17 Civic Coupe Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Went to one of the biggest Honda's dealers near me in North NJ, they barely have any new inventory and are struggling to even get some civics. Also struggling to get CRV's Accords.

However my family friend salesmen told me they'd be getting 3-5 Type R's later in the year around September... didn't think new dealers were going to get any new R's anymore because production stopped but he seemed confident in that?

If that is indeed true I'll be shopping later this year
My closest dealer has only 1 2022 sport on the lot, and about 10 Accords. They did have an R, Boost blue too? but sold it. They now have a Rally red one in stock now.

Drd338

First Name
Dominick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic SI
Country flag
I got lucky and bought a 21 WRX the day it was delivered. I had been watching the dealers site. I’m in NY and same. Empty lots. I got lucky to. Got the WRX at MSRP and more for my SI on trade than what I originally paid.

Crespo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Type R
Country flag
Wow...this is a great read.
I manage a Honda dealership in vancouver bc Canada.
I cant believe what some American dealerships are saying and doing by reading these.

At least in vancouver bc canada, the government do not allow us to mark up any new cars. We still try to do deals in and out of the dealership. Customers can go test drive on their own due to covid.
And we do have odyssey coming in from factory, but that will be a pre order. We have a used odyssey for test drive.
And regarding type R. There are no news about when they will be coming at all or if they will be even sold in North Americas.

The new hatch will be coming end of year.

I wish some of you can come down to canada to purchase a car. Experience will be much much better than what I heard from here lol.

redcoats1976

First Name
jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic coupe,2015 camaro RS
Country flag
if youre looking for something sporty you are pretty much SOL here in central florida.

LDB

First Name
Leo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RAV4
Country flag
There are very few hatchbacks around Houston. Some dealers have none and the others only a few, maybe only 1 for some.

Spartan-033

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Honda Civic Sport (6MT)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Yeah, it was a task buying my Civic for sure. I called up a dealer that is about an hour away from me and was able to reserve the car the day they received it. It was the only Honda Civic Manual Transmission in my state, at that time, and wasn't a Civic-R. Inventory is...pretty bad around my area (Charlotte Metro area) and there is just nothing at any of the dealers (not just Honda).
Sponsored