websitesdown

First Name
Bee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic SI , 2023 Civic Sport
Country flag
I have a 3090 suprim x that I paid $1850 for when it came out. I waited three days mid winter starting at 4am each time with my daughter to get it. I checked today and it's going for 3k on ebay and if you can even find one $2550 at the store where I bought it.
Sponsored

aegeanbluecivic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Honda Civic SGP Hatchback Sport
Country flag
I am also in SD and noticed the exact same thing. Pacific Honda had what like 20-30 hatchbacks listed online LOL. But when you get there, there's 0 on the lot. In fact there were barely any cars whatsoever on their new car lot. Still I managed to order one which took about a month to receive. On the plus side, they didn't tack on any addons and managed to get about $400 off MSRP. The ordering/payment was very quick.
No Joke, I also got my car from Pacific Honda and I got about 300.00 off MSRP. Originally they low balled my trade in however and when I came back to get my deposit since I got a better offer from another dealership they made it right on my second visit. Originally quoted 324.00 per month, negotiated to 268.00 and it went down to 224.00. Finance guy tried to add stuff but I told him no since other dealership was already matching similar pricing. How was your visit?

OP
OP
jtrader

jtrader

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 FK7 6MT, 2018 FK7 CVT, 2022 Odyssey EXL
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
My local Honda dealer is pretty bare of new cars. There are a few SUVs and some Accords and maybe a Civic or two. The other dealers are pretty bare of new cars too.
My lease is up next year and I pretty sure the inventory situation will be unchanged so I will probably keep my current car.
That's cool though bc when they refreshed the sport hatch in 2020, they took nearly everything that was missing from the 2017-19's and added them. In my mind, you have the best civic in terms of practicality, affordability, performance and now features, too.

abc123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Civic Hatchvback Sport
Country flag
No Joke, I also got my car from Pacific Honda and I got about 300.00 off MSRP. Originally they low balled my trade in however and when I came back to get my deposit since I got a better offer from another dealership they made it right on my second visit. Originally quoted 324.00 per month, negotiated to 268.00 and it went down to 224.00. Finance guy tried to add stuff but I told him no since other dealership was already matching similar pricing. How was your visit?
My visit was pretty quick, since I paid cash.

My only gripe is that a car came with a tiny scratch on the rear bumper. It is barely visible (about 1mm) and looks like they damaged it when they removed the wrap, as the car only had 8 miles. They offered me to come in later to discuss the fix, I just didn't have time to do it yet. They seemed reluctant to do a full bumper replacement.

The scratch does not bother me actually (looks like a speck of dust) especially since there's already a very tiny road rash on the front too. I am more worried about taking the car there ever again for maintenance.

As far as dealership go these days, I'd say it was a fairly good experience overall. Way better than the last Mazda dealer I went to (cross-shopped Mazda 3). The sales guys I chatted with were very nice, the finance guy processed the paperwork blazing fast. 90% of the time there was me actually getting information from my insurance.

All that said, the car is pretty awesome for my commute and I am very happy with it.

Last edited:

bcrichster

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Sport 2.0L, 1998 Civic LX D16-MiniMe
Country flag
That's where I'm at....the 2nd timing belt decision. Our 09 has 220k and I don't want to put another dime into it. Trade in value is 3k if I'm lucky. Might get 4k in a driveway deal. It's starting to have other problems too. Steering/front suspension. :(

I'm intrigued by the hybrid Sienna (we drive our van 20-25k a year so MPG is vital) but we need to test drive one before purchasing. The last generation Siennas had THE most uncomfortable seats. Hopefully they fixed them, but I may never know! Next chance to test drive one is late September, and that's assuming the incoming ones don't get sold before the truck arrives. 22 Odyssey's are a little easier to come by, but not when being picky with interior/exterior colors and trim.
It's usually cheaper to just do maintenance work than toss an buy new.. on the flip side tho, nobody really wants to take off the whole front end of a MiniVan just to get at the damn engine, Lol ?
Sponsored