Jimmyson27

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Sedan 2019 Sprot
Country flag
when I bought my 2019 civic sedan sport, I bought the maintainince plan for 3 years , or 36,000 whichever comes first. I did my oil at the dealership and the oil they used is OW20 pennzoil full synthetic. Is this oil high quality ?
Sponsored

mvela

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic sedan lx 6mt and 2018 Honda Civic hatchback ex auto
Country flag
when I bought my 2019 civic sedan sport, I bought the maintainince plan for 3 years , or 36,000 whichever comes first. I did my oil at the dealership and the oil they used is OW20 pennzoil full synthetic. Is this oil high quality ?
Yes. As long as it’s full synthetic and not some synthetic blend then it’s good quality oil

JT Si

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Car
Country flag
Pennzoil Ultra Platinum synthetic is second only to Amsoil. That being said, they are probably using Pennzoil Platinum which is not quite on the same level but still damn good.

r.camlin

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Hatchback Sport
Country flag
Pennzoil is excellent oil.

Mikeybc

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Coupe EX-T, 2015 Nissan Murano
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Pennzoil Ultra Platinum synthetic is second only to Amsoil. That being said, they are probably using Pennzoil Platinum which is not quite on the same level but still damn good.
You saw that "Project Farm" oil shootout I see ? But yeah, Ultra Platinum Pennzoil is what I use too.

JT Si

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Car
Country flag
You saw that "Project Farm" oil shootout I see ? But yeah, Ultra Platinum Pennzoil is what I use too.
I had followed the showdown but I had already known PUP would come in second or damn close to it - a few years ago Amsoil published a series of independent tests and analysis showing PUP being second to Amsoil beating all the other top brands they tested.

dellyjoughnut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 4Runner, '19 Civic Sport Hatchback
Country flag
Yes. As long as it’s full synthetic and not some synthetic blend then it’s good quality oil
Synthetic oil is a blend of various type of organic compounds and base oils. Not really "full" synthetic if company uses a blend of group 3 and group 4 oil base to meet price to sell at. Don't try looking for a pure group 4 oil because it will not have the characteristics unless other stuff is added to it.

BriteBlue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic EX-L
Country flag
Pennzoil Ultra Platinum is a Full Synthetic motor oil made from natural gas. Here’s a video showing the huge Shell (which owns Pennzoil) gas to liquid plant.

Sponsored