Hakke123

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si
Country flag
So I currently have a 2018 Civic SI with 11,000 miles. I'm planning on taking my car to the dealership in the future so they can do the 15,000 mile maintenance service. However, I'm currently running Ktuner with a PRL racing CAI and a muffler delete. Should I be concerned about anything, or will they not care?
Sponsored

REBELXSi

Señor Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Si coupe RIP, '20 CRV EX-L Hybrid
Country flag
So I currently have a 2018 Civic SI with 11,000 miles. I'm planning on taking my car to the dealership in the future so they can do the 15,000 mile maintenance service. However, I'm currently running Ktuner with a PRL racing CAI and a muffler delete. Should I be concerned about anything, or will they not care?
What does this service consist of? Sounds like a waste of money, tbh.

Personally, I wouldn't go in with a Ktuner on my dash... the other shit, they couldn't care less about.

Driver56

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic SI coupe
Country flag
It varies by dealership. The one I go to asked if I wanted my engine air filter replaced when I had a PRL intake, so obviously they don't go looking for it. I would definitely revert to factory tune and take Ktuner out, because that will give you a leg to stand on if you need warranty coverage. But typically, working on cars is how they make money so they're not going to turn down income.

shibles

First Name
Seth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Honestly there's nothing the dealer does that is worth your money, just check the owner's manual and it tells you what you should be doing every certain number of miles. I went for awhile because I just genuinely didn't have time to perform maintenance sometimes. Only time it came in clutch was when I installed my exhaust and went in for maintenance and asked if they could just check all the bolts, which they did for free (I installed with the car on jacks so I could barely fit my torque wrench under there, which isnt a fancy clicking one, it just has a dial).

To answer your question though, they won't say anything necessarily, but if you care about warranty I'd at least hide the tuner and reflash to stock. Everyone's divided on how much Honda actually knows about what you've done to your ECU but it's probably not smart practice to waltz in with a stage 1 or 2 tune.

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
I've brought my car into to the dealer tuned for routine maintenance (I don't keep my tuner in the car). Personal choice, really. Now, if I was taking it in for mechanical issues, clearly, I'd revert to stock. And remove any KTuner decals, too. :cool:

Design

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09 MS3, 17 ABM Si Sedan
Country flag
I take my car into the dealer with the tune. But my KTuner controller and mount are removed for the service. On factory boost, differences are minimal.

OP
OP

Hakke123

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si
Country flag
What does this service consist of? Sounds like a waste of money, tbh.

Personally, I wouldn't go in with a Ktuner on my dash... the other shit, they couldn't care less about.
I have the first version Ktuner so it's not sitting on my dash. It's the regular works like brake check, lines, tire rotation, etc. It's 60 bucks for everything!

REBELXSi

Señor Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Si coupe RIP, '20 CRV EX-L Hybrid
Country flag
I have the first version Ktuner so it's not sitting on my dash. It's the regular works like brake check, lines, tire rotation, etc. It's 60 bucks for everything!
Do your own rotation. Everything else is covered under warranty if anything happens. It's literally a waste of money.

therealdede

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Si Sedan, Modern Steel Metallic
Country flag
Honda dealer tech here: personally, if all you're coming in for is an oil change and/or a tire rotation, personally, I couldn't care less if theres a k-tuner or not or an aftermarket CAI or not. but once you'd like something powertrain related fixed under warranty, that's when im going to have to start to care. at my shop anyway, its not like we actively hunt down cars that are modded and report them to Honda. It's bad for karma. with that said, YEMV.

Hajidub

Honda driver, vintage stereo enthusiast
First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic YES
Country flag
The software upgrade I had on my GTI (APR) had an encryption feature which was nice. Just pull over before the dealership, encrypt, and their VW Vagcom equipment couldn't detect it. I used to bring my car in for warranty work and the service advisor would grill me as to whether I had upgraded software (I was tearing through some common part failures). If he had to ask all the time I knew the encryption was working.

dk127itr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si
Country flag
I would pull it off, you never know when some new overzealous service adviser is going to make a note that your car was modded.

And I would only go by the maintenance minder for your service, don't do the standard 10k / 20k / 30k services dealers offer. I check my oil at 50% and change it at 15% and keep an eye on everything else.

Underwaterair

First Name
Jorge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic exl sedan
Country flag
How can I remove ktuner tho? I need it to be plugged in because I have prl race maf.

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase

jdm_mike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 FK8 CTR & More
Country flag
I'm FBO, still have my warranty, and have my Ktuner V2 mounted. The tech and service manager doesn't care.

It just depends on the dealer
Sponsored