frontlinegeek

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 CRV Touring, 2017 Civic EX Sedan Honda Sensing
Country flag
Just wondering if anyone in Canada is getting contacted by their dealership for early trade-in with all kinds of sparkly incentives...

I still have 3 months till I hit 3 years of payments but my dealership reached out offering "top dollar" trade-in, dealer employee pricing and then the two almost always present Honda Canada deals of 2% points off your interest and $1000 discount.

The deal was nowhere close to what I was going to tolerate as it would have been a reset to 7 years and still would have been $20/month more.

Wondering if this is a local initiative and the dealership is looking to move new and used cars or if it is more a Honda Canada thing going on...
Sponsored

905Civic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback Sport Sensing, 2020 Kia Telluride SX
Country flag
Just wondering if anyone in Canada is getting contacted by their dealership for early trade-in with all kinds of sparkly incentives...

I still have 3 months till I hit 3 years of payments but my dealership reached out offering "top dollar" trade-in, dealer employee pricing and then the two almost always present Honda Canada deals of 2% points off your interest and $1000 discount.

The deal was nowhere close to what I was going to tolerate as it would have been a reset to 7 years and still would have been $20/month more.

Wondering if this is a local initiative and the dealership is looking to move new and used cars or if it is more a Honda Canada thing going on...
Yes I was receiving monthly e-mails for probably like a year until I hit my 3 year payment mark in June (I was on a 36 month finance term). It was always 'upgrade to a 2020 Honda Civic Sport for only $500/month for 36 months' or some garbage. I just ignored them and never took them seriously. However, if you are actually in the market to switch cars, then you could probably get a decent deal.

REBELXSi

Señor Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Si coupe RIP, '20 CRV EX-L Hybrid
Country flag
I feel like they send these to everyone willy nilly

OP
OP
frontlinegeek

frontlinegeek

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
However, if you are actually in the market to switch cars, then you could probably get a decent deal.
Ya, my issue was we got 1.99% for 7 years and a good deal on price for the time. So there is too much underwater action on the trade-in vs owing. Not really a good deal unless we were a one car family and we aren't. I have a 2010 CRV that I expect to last a while longer but want to be ready to replace it rather than just get a minor upgrade to the Civic.

but it's very likely the dealer actually DOES want your trade.
I figured but was wondering what others are seeing or knew about. Thanks!

I feel like they send these to everyone willy nilly
I agree. Why go after anyone on a 7 year? Why would I want to eat nearly $4k? If this was next year, then I could see it. Then I have 3 years left, not be underwater on a trade and would likely be interested in doing a 4 year finance for such a deal.

Thanks for the feedback all!

OP
OP
frontlinegeek

frontlinegeek

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Do you want a new car? If you're happy with your Civic, who cares?
Oh I don't REALLY care and don't NEED a car. The whole point was just to find out if anyone had insight or knowledge as to where the push was coming from.

Being from the US, you won't realize that making these kinds of moves are actually rather rare in Canada for one massive and giant reason... Taxes... We pay 15% on the sale price of the car. So we get boned to the tune of nearly a whole year of payments being just to pay for the tax. (Worse if your purchase is more expensive)

Finding out if it was more dealer pushed tells me that there is not as much money or moxy behind if I were to try to take advantage.

kimtyson

First Name
Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Blue Civic Si Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
That's a typical car dealer scam. They just want to sell you another car. When was the last time anyone got a great deal at a car dealership. Offering "discounts" or whatever is a line of BS. They are not really looking for trade ins.

kimtyson

First Name
Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Blue Civic Si Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

kimtyson

First Name
Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Blue Civic Si Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I owe you an apology, Ducky. And I edited my post above. I totally misunderstood your post and didn't even realize you were posting links. I took your post to be your words and just underlined for emphasis. I am sorry and I appreciate you (sort of) clearing it up for me.
Sponsored