Suiton20
First Name
Long
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 honda civic si
Country flag
Unlikely to be in the system or other dealers don’t care. I had my warranty denied twice at round rock Honda for my transmission and ac system. First Texas Honda accepted the warranty after an inspections

latole

Civic Lx 2018 Manual , Civic LX 2016 Manual
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I had the same problem and didn't bother going to the dealer.
I had the condenser replaced at a small A/C shop. $400 cnd

Since then, I have installed a grill in front of the condenser. An idea found here in the forum.
Gril find in a good hardware store ; job take 10 minutes

Honda Civic 10th gen Test Capture d’écran, le 2022-04-28 à 04.40.26

Last edited:

tacocat

First Name
matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si coupe
Country flag
2016 Civic AC hasn't blown cold air for a while. There is a service bulletin 19-091 for this issue: https://static.nhtsa.gov/odi/tsbs/2019/MC-10163796-0001.pdf

Dealership denied warranty coverage because of the damage in pictures attached.

It looks like this can happen naturally with the big holes in the front bumper. Is the damage they said anything I can fight to get this covered? Thank you

View attachment 340661

View attachment 340662
That condenser is destroyed and it's not the fault of Honda. It's bent, that's from hitting something. If the dealer approved a warranty claim and Honda called the part back for inspection the dealer would get the claim denied. So no, no dealer is going to pay for damage from you hitting something.

latole

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
That condenser is destroyed and it's not the fault of Honda. It's bent, that's from hitting something. If the dealer approved a warranty claim and Honda called the part back for inspection the dealer would get the claim denied. So no, no dealer is going to pay for damage from you hitting something.

You are right.

Romeoridgee

Honda Dealer Tech.
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 SPT 17 EX-T 08 LX 21 CRV 12 Acc 14 328I CONV
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
circled looks normal road debris "wear" over damage. the black spot clearly indicates leaking without damage. they should of covered it.

tacocat

First Name
matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si coupe
Country flag
circled looks normal road debris "wear" over damage. the black spot clearly indicates leaking without damage. they should of covered it.
Ummm the side view shows the entire metal object is bent from a hard impact. That's like wrecking a car and and saying the bumper had a scratch from the factory so you should warranty this.

Romeoridgee

Honda Dealer Tech.
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Ummm the side view shows the entire metal object is bent from a hard impact. That's like wrecking a car and and saying the bumper had a scratch from the factory so you should warranty this.
I do see a small curve in the condenser, however, that is not the source of the problem. there is no evidence of leaking at said bend. coming from a honda tech, I would of replaced this under warranty.

tacocat

First Name
matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si coupe
Country flag
I do see a small curve in the condenser, however, that is not the source of the problem. there is no evidence of leaking at said bend. coming from a honda tech, I would of replaced this under warranty.
Coming from a 19 year director of fixed operations and warranty for Honda I’d deny your claim and back flag your labor. Techs don’t get to choose what is warranted and they most certainly don’t approve the claim.

Romeoridgee

Honda Dealer Tech.
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Coming from a 19 year director of fixed operations and warranty for Honda I’d deny your claim and back flag your labor. Techs don’t get to choose what is warranted and they most certainly don’t approve the claim.
I don’t understand. There is no leak at said damage. The leak is coming from the black spot above undamaged that sits behind the bumper beam. I’ve seen condensers curved like that from impact and pass leak test. It’s the manufactures defect that caused those black spots and the leaking refrigerant. However, if it was leaking from said damage I would deny all day long.

Last edited:

jdm_mike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 FK8 CTR & More
Country flag
If the condenser is aftermarket (seen a few ones out there), damaged, or already replaced the extended warranty is denied. It will be in the Honda database within the next business day or however long said dealer's warranty admin takes to submit the claim.

It looks like this can happen naturally with the big holes in the front bumper.
No, it won't happen naturally. What did you hit?

Try going to other dealerships. If you're lucky, the SM will take it since it's money for their techs

Worst case, diy or go to a 3rd party shop

tacocat

First Name
matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si coupe
Country flag
I don’t understand. There is no leak at said damage. The leak is coming from the black spot above undamaged that sits behind the bumper beam. I’ve seen condensers curved like that from impact and pass leak test. It’s the manufactures defect that caused those black spots and the leaking refrigerant. However, if it was leaking from said damage I would deny all day long.
You have no idea where the leak is coming from and no way you can sit there and honestly say it's not leaking where the fins are beat to hell and bent. The circled area has a clean spot and a bent plate and that is where the dye most likely came out. I'm telling you, a damaged part like that sent in to Honda will be denied and the entire job will not get paid. So no tech or advisor with any common sense would take that chance of being debited for a $1000 bill.

latole

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
If the condenser is aftermarket (seen a few ones out there), damaged, or already replaced the extended warranty is denied. It will be in the Honda database within the next business day or however long said dealer's warranty admin takes to submit the claim.

No, it won't happen naturally. What did you hit?

Try going to other dealerships. If you're lucky, the SM will take it since it's money for their techs

Worst case, diy or go to a 3rd party shop
$400 complete job at A/C shop

Romeoridgee

Honda Dealer Tech.
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
You have no idea where the leak is coming from and no way you can sit there and honestly say it's not leaking where the fins are beat to hell and bent. The circled area has a clean spot and a bent plate and that is where the dye most likely came out.
The same applies to you. please step down from your high horse. The stained spots are indication of leaking. it scares me you think otherwise.

I'm telling you, a damaged part like that sent in to Honda will be denied and the entire job will not get paid. So no tech or advisor with any common sense would take that chance of being debited for a $1000 bill.
If the damage is the cause of the leak, sure I'll agree with ya.
Sponsored