First Name
Spencer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Sport Hatch
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
So I got an alignment done at the dealership since I had lowered the car recently and the steering was pulling to the right. I get the car back and the steering is pulling equally as much to the left. I know they at least did some work because of the change in steering but is it botched or will it take a while to show because I’ve been driving a while before the alignment so maybe the car is just used to it? I might call tomorrow and see if I can get the alignment specs which I should’ve done before leaving but any help?
Sponsored

xdecemberguy

First Name
Randrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
Take it back right away. Techs are idiots. I had the same issue at tire kingdom. Had it take it back and made them redo it.

OP
OP
SpenAfon

SpenAfon

First Name
Spencer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Sport Hatch
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Take it back right away. Techs are idiots. I had the same issue at tire kingdom. Had it take it back and made them redo it.
they closed already today but that’s what I was thinking I just wanted to make sure it wasn’t just in my head ig

vitooooo

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 VIC
Country flag
They will blame it on your suspension, and rightfully so, that isn't the way the car was designed

OP
OP
SpenAfon

SpenAfon

First Name
Spencer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Sport Hatch
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
11 days later........
They will blame it on your suspension, and rightfully so, that isn't the way the car was designed
I called them and they fixed the toe. I knew the camber couldn't be fixed but they said something about the "sensor being too close to the fender" so it said it was correct which it was visibly un-aligned the first time so they were just feeding me an excuse but whatever it got fixed and I lived.

Shankmeyster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I wouldn't take a lowered car to a dealership to be aligned unless it was the last resort. Next time try and find an alignment shop that knows how to do it on aftermarket suspensions.

OP
OP
SpenAfon

SpenAfon

First Name
Spencer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Sport Hatch
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I wouldn't take a lowered car to a dealership to be aligned unless it was the last resort. Next time try and find an alignment shop that knows how to do it on aftermarket suspensions.
you live and you learn. I had a discount at the dealer and my trusted shop pays a hefty amount but you get what you pay for so it'll be the trusted shop from now on.
Sponsored