JayDiem

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 FK8, 2007 Ram 1500, 2000 CRV
Country flag
Unless someone can negate this with proof, Schomp Honda in Highlands Ranch, CO sells theirs at MSRP, and have been.

Colorado
Schomp Honda
Highlands Ranch, CO
Bridget Gage
I believe Kuni also told me they sell at MSRP, but when I was in the market 7-8 months ago the waiting list was like 20 people before me, no guarantee of color so I moved on. Frontier in Longmont said they did a silent auction with theirs so that may also be a chance to score one reasonably but they only get 1 a year.

Stay away from Fischer.
Sponsored

Last edited:

WhatThePuck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Acura Rsx (sold), '19 CW CTR 23909
Country flag
I believe Kuni also told me they sell at MSRP, but when I was in the market 7-8 months ago the waiting list was like 20 people before me, no guarantee of color so I moved on. Frontier in Longmont said they did a silent auction with theirs so that may also be a chance to score one reasonably but they only get 1 a year.
I went ahead and removed myself from Schomp's list, when I signed on in October I was 12th, I checked with them about a week ago and I was still 12th lol I wasn't expecting a big move or anything. I want to say Zimbrick has one guy on the list now, my contact there let me know they are getting a CW in in February so I jumped on it lol. Hopefully someone contacts them, it was posted here about a PMM arriving with the CW. I thought Kuni had some huge markup or something so I didn't bother looking, the giant list isn't surprising either.

*Edit: yeah I spoke with Fisher via text and even through text the guy was a douchebag, treated me like a walking dollar sign or something (which I know most of them do) but holy crap if you want someone to buy a vehicle (or anything) from you you have to be a little more personable.

Last edited:

dn7309

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Sport
Country flag
I went ahead and removed myself from Schomp's list, when I signed on in October I was 12th, I checked with them about a week ago and I was still 12th lol I wasn't expecting a big move or anything. I want to say Zimbrick has one guy on the list now, my contact there let me know they are getting a CW in in February so I jumped on it lol. Hopefully someone contacts them, it was posted here about a PMM arriving with the CW. I thought Kuni had some huge markup or something so I didn't bother looking, the giant list isn't surprising either.

*Edit: yeah I spoke with Fisher via text and even through text the guy was a douchebag, treated me like a walking dollar sign or something (which I know most of them do) but holy crap if you want someone to buy a vehicle (or anything) from you you have to be a little more personable.
Kuni sell at MSRP but force you to pay for their add ons, 6k to be exact. Planet Honda did the same thing. When I was shopping they just got the car and they don't have the accessories installed yet. I told them, why dont you just dont install the accessories and sell me the car at MSRP (Planet's Honda's Policy is Sell cars are MSRP and no dealer fees). The GM just give me a BS answer.

WhatThePuck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Acura Rsx (sold), '19 CW CTR 23909
Country flag
Kuni sell at MSRP but force you to pay for their add ons, 6k to be exact. Planet Honda did the same thing. When I was shopping they just got the car and they don't have the accessories installed yet. I told them, why dont you just dont install the accessories and sell me the car at MSRP (Planet's Honda's Policy is Sell cars are MSRP and no dealer fees). The GM just give me a BS answer.
Yeah I was on Planet Honda's list too so I heard their mumbo jumbo, the guy took me off the list cause I told him I wasn't ready to buy yet (and I didn't even ask to be on the list in the first place hahaha)

CTRFK8

First Name
Sauce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 CTR
Country flag
If you can get msrp in the westcoast, be prepare for a 2yr waitlist. Seems like all the deals are back east and texas area.

jetydosa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR
Country flag
So you guys know what MSRP is an abbreviation for right?

Manufacturer's
***SUGGESTED***
Retail
Price

Dealers can charge whatever they want. Its up to them to sell for whatever price they want, but they must be prepared to get it right away, or wait it out in a gamble to get more - supply/demand - all those Economics 101 things.

That said myself, would never pay a dime over MSRP, nor games with accessories. In this day and age of internet, it makes no sense to me to pay more unless you have other factors at play.
And I also understand the frustration of people trying to find that deal. Believe me, I was there a few weeks ago.

jinderC

So you guys know what MSRP is an abbreviation for right?

Manufacturer's
***SUGGESTED***
Retail
Price

Dealers can charge whatever they want. Its up to them to sell for whatever price they want, but they must be prepared to get it right away, or wait it out in a gamble to get more - supply/demand - all those Economics 101 things.

That said myself, would never pay a dime over MSRP, nor games with accessories. In this day and age of internet, it makes no sense to me to pay more unless you have other factors at play.
And I also understand the frustration of people trying to find that deal. Believe me, I was there a few weeks ago.

In Canada isn’t illegal for dealers to sell a “new” car for more than MSRP.
American dealer system is seriously flawed

seagelcg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
X Gen Civic Si
Country flag
If you guys believe dealers pay anything around Invoice, you’re mistaken.

Think about any business that is ran. It’s all about Profit. Manufactures know exactly what they’re doing as well. Don’t think that you’ll be any less in true form, that your money won’t be happily taken away if car Manufactures did it themeselves. So what did they do instead? Incorporate “dealerships” for sales and servicing. Then you hand off the responsibility to some assholes and let them run it instead.

Imagine what the public would do if we found out what they actually cut the check for on each of these cars. I’m pretty sure we would see Riots and Protest.

Last edited:

eshults5

First Name
Eugene C Shults
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R
Country flag
Guess I better add the dealership I bought from..

Sussman Honda
1543 Easton Rd, Abington, PA 19001

Reactions: tsw

eshults5

First Name
Eugene C Shults
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R
Country flag
Imagine what the public would do if we found out what they actually cut the check for on each of these cars. I’m pretty sure we would see Riots and Protest.
And they would be wrong to do so. IMO it's the price we pay to even have the option of going out, shopping for around for a variety of different vehicles, and ultimately taking one home. If profit wasn't a thing we'd still be in the stone age.

peters239

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Hatchback Sport MT
Country flag
I still cant believe they are still trying go mark up these cars. I thought by now the 3rd year out theyd give up. But i guess if you can keep selling them for more. which they are then they are just going to keep marking them up. They are still doing it with the GT350's and they been out for awhile

jayevo23

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CW CTR
Country flag
I still cant believe they are still trying go mark up these cars. I thought by now the 3rd year out theyd give up. But i guess if you can keep selling them for more. which they are then they are just going to keep marking them up. They are still doing it with the GT350's and they been out for awhile
People keep buying them over MSRP ‍♂. Somebody just bought a 18 40k before taxes, tags, etc... it’s like people are panicking they won’t get one. I would just wait it out if I were you.

OP
OP

tsw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Country flag
Guess I better add the dealership I bought from..

Sussman Honda
1543 Easton Rd, Abington, PA 19001
Can someone help confirm? They've got a Red 2019 on lot.. a MSRP dealer who has it on the lot?
They are in Roslyn, PA

Donuyen18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda s2000
Country flag
You cant believe that? I cant believe that the majority of the used R for sale by members on this site are over MSRP. Selling a used 2017 for over MSRP in 2019? :crazy:

peters239

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Hatchback Sport MT
Country flag
You cant believe that? I cant believe that the majority of the used R for sale by members on this site are over MSRP. Selling a used 2017 for over MSRP in 2019? :crazy:
I cant believe that either but again if people are willing to pay it which they are it will keep the price up. Supply and demand. The dealer where I bought my sport hatch had a used 17 last year with 1000 miles on it for a on sale price of 44k was 46k i just laughed. I love my hondas and would love to own an R but not for that price for a honda.
Sponsored