Dealers who ONLY sell at MSRP

tsw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Country flag
I think, as a group, we should strive to support those Honda dealers who ONLY sell at MSRP or less. These dealers give up potentially more profits to do what is right for the consumers (and I think Honda's rules for dealers).
So, I'd like to start a list to help these dealers. I will start and help keep the top post updated. Hopefully, this get pinned too.

Colorado area
Schomp Honda in Highlands Ranch, CO
Bridget Gage

Nebraska area
Honda of Lincoln in Lincoln, NE

Wisconsin area
Zimbrick Honda in Madison, WI
Robert Billig
608-230-0479

Pennsylvania area
Sussman Honda
1543 Easton Rd, Roslyn, PA

South Hills Honda in McMurray, PA

North Carolina area
AutoPark Honda in Cary, NC
Leith Honda in Raleigh, NC
Leith Honda Aberdeen in Aberdeen, NC

New Jersey area

Clinton Honda in Annandale, NJ
Joe Vizzi

Hamilton Honda in Hamilton Township, NJ
Sue Chansky
609-528-2600 ext 2356
Greed is never a good thing and Hamilton Honda is part of the dealers that do mark ups through accessories so this list is incorrect. It's not as bad as some other dealers I've seen but they do try to get a extra 1k out of you with you go in there to negotiate.
Note: let's keep this list to dealers who have always and currently sell at MSRP... not just if you got lucky.
Sponsored

Last edited:

98-0425

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Civic Type-R #12307, 98 Integra Type-R #0425, 07 Pilot EX-L, 17 Pilot Elite
Country flag
There is a sticky up top

OP
OP

tsw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Country flag
There is a sticky up top
That one hasn't been edited since 2017.. and with 100+ pages...
Some of the folks waste time contacting some dealers in the thread only to find the dealer changed pricing policy.

98-0425

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Civic Type-R #12307, 98 Integra Type-R #0425, 07 Pilot EX-L, 17 Pilot Elite
Country flag
That one hasn't been edited since 2017.. and with 100+ pages...
Some of the folks waste time contacting some dealers in the thread only to find the dealer changed pricing policy.
Start on the latest page, then go backwards. Many have found at MSRP using that thread.

FriscoBrah

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Championship White Civic Type R
Country flag
Start on the latest page, then go backwards. Many have found at MSRP using that thread.
It takes 30 seconds to send an email to a dealer, there's no need to spin up a duplicate thread out of laziness.

FifStreet

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 PMM Civic Type R '07 MR Fit Sport (RIP)
Country flag
I don't understand the "hate" for dealers that sell above MSRP. If they can get that price, what's the problem?

From what I understand, having a CTR in your inventory is a "reward" for dealers who move lots of vehicles at low margins. They get these to draw people into the showroom and when they sell them, they make a decent profit.

Its the free market at work. Feel free to shop around, but don't make it out to be that dealers that sell at or below MSRP are the good guys and the others are bad guys.

OP
OP

tsw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Country flag
I don't understand the "hate" for dealers that sell above MSRP. If they can get that price, what's the problem?

From what I understand, having a CTR in your inventory is a "reward" for dealers who move lots of vehicles at low margins. They get these to draw people into the showroom and when they sell them, they make a decent profit.

Its the free market at work. Feel free to shop around, but don't make it out to be that dealers that sell at or below MSRP are the good guys and the others are bad guys.
I'm not sure about hate.. but it's not really the free market for new Honda cars if it is Honda's rules for dealers to not add-on markup. That's why many dealers switched the pricing game from markups to $5k to $6k accessories and "type r package". I agree it's a free market once it hits the used car market.

Do you guys understand what it's like to shop for CTRs in California?.. where dealers are keeping inventory 3 or 4 months.. that's not exactly free market... it's sort of like DeBeers controlling the supply of diamonds to artificially create scarcity and drive up prices.

FifStreet

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I'm not sure about hate.. but it's not really the free market for new Honda cars if it is Honda's rules for dealers to not add-on markup. That's why many dealers switched the pricing game from markups to $5k to $6k accessories and "type r package". I agree it's a free market once it hits the used car market.

Do you guys understand what it's like to shop for CTRs in California?.. where dealers are keeping inventory 3 or 4 months.. that's not exactly free market... it's sort of like DeBeers controlling the supply of diamonds to artificially create scarcity and drive up prices.

No. I don't know the CA market. I purchased mine in the northeast. I called and emailed a number of dealers in the area, and bought one based on the price, color available, and distance of the dealer from me.

Unless dealers are conspiring together on pricing I'm not sure what the problem is?

EAClarke

First Name
Clarke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R
Country flag

Never thought I'd see someone defend a dealership that marks up their cars lol. Sure if they can get someone to buy it, all the power to them.

The problem is Honda sets a price to sell the car and people are interested and want to buy it. Then you have this 3rd party who play around and you can't even get the car for the price that Honda themselves says it is. Cut the dealership model entirely I say.

It's illegal in Canada for someone to sell a vehicle above MSRP. So we've had dealers here that drove the car a bit to put some KM on it. It's now considered used and they now sell it for MSRP or more but give you a used car rate.

I constantly read that MSRP nice list thread and it's sad to see some of the fight that people go through just to get a car. Move to Canada y'all, you can get your Type R for $1700 UNDER MSRP :D

jayevo23

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CW CTR
Country flag
Greed is never a good thing and Hamilton Honda is part of the dealers that do mark ups through accessories so this list is incorrect. It's not as bad as some other dealers I've seen but they do try to get a extra 1k out of you with you go in there to negotiate.

Muggsy

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Type R, 2020 Lexus UX250h, 2012 Toyota Sienna
Country flag

When I was looking for my CTR (November 2017) I called and emailed pretty much every dealer in the DC metro area that had one in stock or on the way. Most refused to quote me a price unless I came in. Others told me they were taking offers on the car and asked me what I was willing to pay. Only a handful actually told me what they were asking, and all of those wanted between $5-12k ADM. I don't have a problem with the ones that set a price up front, it's the BS games (sure, we sell at MSRP, but when you come in there's $5k in mandatory marked up accessories) that piss people off.

I told every dealer at the time I was willing to pay $2k over MSRP. One local dealer (Sheehy Honda in Alexandria, VA) initially refused, then called me a week later to say they'd take my offer on the PMM they had in stock. I drove there that evening after work, only to find that they had added $1500 in BS charges ($600 for wheel locks and a trunk tray plus $895 destination charge ON TOP OF the destination charge that was already included in the MSRP). When I called them out on both, the sales guy said his manager (who conveniently wasn't there) told him this was the bottom line and they couldn't go any lower. I walked out. The manager called me the next day and tried to get me to split the difference, said he'd halve the destination charge. I explained again that the MSRP already includes destination, but he was banking on me not knowing that. That's fraud (and before some self-styled expert jumps in, I'm a former prosecutor, I know exactly what the word means).

Bottom line, I do think the dealers who sell at MSRP are the good guys, and the rest suck. And I fully support all efforts to direct business to the dealers that don't try to gouge their customers, whether you call it "free market economics" or something else.

FifStreet

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Never thought I'd see someone defend a dealership that marks up their cars lol. Sure if they can get someone to buy it, all the power to them.

The problem is Honda sets a price to sell the car and people are interested and want to buy it. Then you have this 3rd party who play around and you can't even get the car for the price that Honda themselves says it is. Cut the dealership model entirely I say.
There's something we agree on. The dealership model for buying cars is antiquated, and needs to be removed.

WhatThePuck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Acura Rsx (sold), '19 CW CTR 23909
Country flag
Unless someone can negate this with proof, Schomp Honda in Highlands Ranch, CO sells theirs at MSRP, and have been.

Colorado
Schomp Honda
Highlands Ranch, CO
Bridget Gage

Reactions: tsw

averagetrackdriver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 S2000
Country flag
I drove there that evening after work, only to find that they had added $1500 in BS charges ($600 for wheel locks and a trunk tray plus $895 destination charge ON TOP OF the destination charge that was already included in the MSRP). When I called them out on both, the sales guy said his manager (who conveniently wasn't there) told him this was the bottom line and they couldn't go any lower. I walked out. The manager called me the next day and tried to get me to split the difference, said he'd halve the destination charge. I explained again that the MSRP already includes destination, but he was banking on me not knowing that. That's fraud (and before some self-styled expert jumps in, I'm a former prosecutor, I know exactly what the word means).
What I find so stunning and sad in your experience is the following:
1. The stealership trying to double charge you for destination and then having the audacity to try to get you to split the difference the following day.

2. The fact that they would be so brazen in their deception is that they have been successful in getting others to pay the double destination charge. Tragic.

dn7309

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Sport
Country flag
Any dealer that tell you they only sell at MSRP will put "6000 worth of add ons accessories"
Sponsored