caspar21

caspar21

2018 Civic Si
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si
Country flag
I just recently stopped using the dealer for everything myself. I rather go to an independent mechanic or do it myself if it's something easy. Not to mention I have too many modifications I wouldn't trust a dealer not to mess something up or make a fuss that I'm catless.
i am getting up in age and have a hard time climbing around a car. so i have to trust someone to work on it. last time i tried someone else they had to to it to honda for clearing honda specific codes. rock and a hard place.

arsh88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Hatchback EX
Country flag
then go to ANY MECHANIC ANYWHERE, Dealership labor rates are typically much higher then the average mechanic.
The issue with this is dependent upon where you live. If you're in a state like CA or TX great mechanics are everywhere, even in metros. If you're in the midwest, all they have are chain shops or stealerships. Having gone to too many bad chain shops only to have to have the stealership fix it later because the chain shop actually did a piss poor job, i'm stuck with the stealership. Stealership was $60 to rebalance wheels. Big-O was $20, took an hour and a half, and did the whole job wrong anyway. never again.

Daniel644

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T Sedan, 2003 Trailblazer LS, 1999 Pontiac Firebird
Country flag
The issue with this is dependent upon where you live. If you're in a state like CA or TX great mechanics are everywhere, even in metros. If you're in the midwest, all they have are chain shops or stealerships. Having gone to too many bad chain shops only to have to have the stealership fix it later because the chain shop actually did a piss poor job, i'm stuck with the stealership. Stealership was $60 to rebalance wheels. Big-O was $20, took an hour and a half, and did the whole job wrong anyway. never again.
can't speak for elsewhere but we've got somewhere between 6 and a dozen different independent repair shops in this county and 3 or 4 different tire shops, I did stop using the main tire shop in town because they can't balance a tire for shit anymore, they used to be good but after they expanded they didn't keep up with maintenance on the machines and their balancers are out of calibration. one of the shops did rip me off so I won't use them again (paid to have plugs and wires replaced on my 99 Firebird V6 (which is a several hour job due to how much a pain in that ass it is to get to the plugs, not like honda's where it's Super Easy, Barely an Inconvenience) and brought the plugs and wires, turned out they only did the wires and pocketed by $6 a plug iridium plugs but charged me for replacing them (which I found out several years later when the misfire resurfaced and I pulled the plug myself to see a date coded AC Delco plug that predated the date I bought the car by 2 years and NOT the NGK Iridium plugs I brought to them.

OP
OP
caspar21

caspar21

2018 Civic Si
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si
Country flag
update: they gave me a free oilchange to cover the mistake.
as long as i check the levels and underplate afterwards then i am good with that as they have always used good oil.

shoegazer

assistant to the assistant manager
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic LX Coupe 2.0 (CVT)
Country flag
I'm glad they owned up to the mistake. But they have a giblet-head working among them who can't read a service order and can't recognize an aftermarket filter. :rolleyes1:

MarshX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic EX-T Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
ok, maybe not mods, but they went and took out my dropin filter from PRL and put in a factory filter when they were doing some brake work.
i specifically said not to touch it. that it was due to be cleaned. then they threw it out.

what should i do?

ps, sorry for the youtubeish clickbait title..
Gets oil changed at dealer***

....DEALER ABUSED MY ENGINE

lol I’m just thinking of all the types of clickbait we could make. Good luck
Sponsored