dealer stole mods from my car

caspar21

2018 Civic Si
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si
Country flag
ok, maybe not mods, but they went and took out my dropin filter from PRL and put in a factory filter when they were doing some brake work.
i specifically said not to touch it. that it was due to be cleaned. then they threw it out.

what should i do?

ps, sorry for the youtubeish clickbait title..
Sponsored

OP
OP
caspar21

caspar21

2018 Civic Si
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si
Country flag
dealers are so used to people just blindly trusting them and not forcing them to do their job right.
they really don't care.
i am sure some out there really do give a damn. but i have not met that one.

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
What I'd like to know is why were they opening the airbox for brake work. And yes, you need to make a stink about this with the service manager. Sounds like the tech did that on their own and is a thief.

jred721

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Accord Sport
Country flag
What I'd like to know is why were they opening the airbox for brake work. And yes, you need to make a stink about this with the service manager. Sounds like the tech did that on their own and is a thief.
At my dealer at least they usually do a free "inspection" of the car to see if anything else needs work (basically a way for them to see if they can get any more money out of you). My guess is that according to their records the car needed a new air filter so they decided to throw out the PRL one even though OP told them not to do so. It's stupid and I definitely would ask them to pay for a new filter for the car.

Daniel644

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T Sedan, 2003 Trailblazer LS, 1999 Pontiac Firebird
Country flag
why are you going to a dealer for brake work?

shoegazer

assistant to the assistant manager
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic LX Coupe 2.0 (CVT)
Country flag
More and more; I can see the wisdom of just returning everything to stock (or disconnecting the non-stock stuff) before going to the dealership.

latole

Civic Lx 2018 Manual , Civic LX 2016 Manual
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Lx 2018 Manual , Civic LX 2016 Manual
Country flag
At my dealer at least they usually do a free "inspection" of the car to see if anything else needs work (basically a way for them to see if they can get any more money out of you). My guess is that according to their records the car needed a new air filter so they decided to throw out the PRL one even though OP told them not to do so. It's stupid and I definitely would ask them to pay for a new filter for the car.

"......(basically a way for them to see if they can get any more money out of you).....

:thumbsup:

Daniel644

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T Sedan, 2003 Trailblazer LS, 1999 Pontiac Firebird
Country flag
because i cannot be bothered to do it myself. now i pay for my lazyness
then go to ANY MECHANIC ANYWHERE, Dealership labor rates are typically much higher then the average mechanic.

Learn2turn

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'79 Toyota Longbed PU, '95 (Drift Toy) Miata, '05 Tuned Gran Prix White S2000, '19 Championship White C-Type R
Country flag
I assume they charged you for the stock filter and the replacement labor. Did you check your invoice?

Coupe-R

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Accord 2.0T Sport | '18 Civic EX-T Coupe CVT (destroyed)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I just recently stopped using the dealer for everything myself. I rather go to an independent mechanic or do it myself if it's something easy. Not to mention I have too many modifications I wouldn't trust a dealer not to mess something up or make a fuss that I'm catless.
Sponsored