• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Dealer ordered wrong spec

cnhart

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Integra
So after waiting a bit over 3 months for my Integra to come in, the big day finally arrived... And it turns out the dealer ordered my car without the Tech package. That's dealbreaker for me.

Has anyone dealt with this kind of thing? I asked if he can attempt an inventory swap with another dealer, but with the scarcity of Integras he says I shouldn't hold my breath. That leaves me either reordering (and waiting who-knows-how-long) or buying something else.

I sold my old car yesterday so I'm in a pickle. I'm sure there's some lesson there about counting one's eggs, etc...

I welcome any ideas/advice/sympathy/roasting.

Litflynt912

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Civic EXL HB 2023 Integra A Spec Tech
You’re in LA. Check out the AZ Acura dealers. A few have a bit of inventory both on the lot and incoming. Worth a 45 min flight and you’d be at 350 or so miles in on the drive home.
markeup should be minimal. Acura Scottsdale is Penske so no adm. only a 1500 protection package

OP
OP

cnhart

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Integra
Funny you mention them - that's the very dealer that botched my order. (I was still living in Phoenix in March when I placed my reservation).

math4scher

First Name
Neil
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Acura Integra - Apex Blue Orchid White Manual
So after waiting a bit over 3 months for my Integra to come in, the big day finally arrived... And it turns out the dealer ordered my car without the Tech package. That's dealbreaker for me.

Has anyone dealt with this kind of thing? I asked if he can attempt an inventory swap with another dealer, but with the scarcity of Integras he says I shouldn't hold my breath. That leaves me either reordering (and waiting who-knows-how-long) or buying something else.

I sold my old car yesterday so I'm in a pickle. I'm sure there's some lesson there about counting one's eggs, etc...

I welcome any ideas/advice/sympathy/roasting.
I can certainly empathize with you/your scenario! The exact same thing happened to me in 2013, except I did not sell my car ahead of time, with my 2014 Audi A4 order - the salesperson left a major package out. Boy, was I mad! I then reordered the car at another dealership and had to wait another two to three months.

IMHO, that dealership should do everything possible as soon as possible to make this right - no its and buts!! If that's possible/not the case, then do an inventory search on Acura's webpage and find the Integra of your liking and have someone drive you there to seal the
deal - assuming it's a good deal and not too much of a rip off! Do not be so desperate that you allow any dealership to "rob" you - so many dealerships are taking advantage of the situation and are "robbing" us prospective Integra owners! Just a suggestion or two!

Decks515

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Acura Integra A-spec 6mt
I stated a thread a while back with a similar issue. They received a cvt to fulfill my manual order. However, my dealership insisted Acura messed up and their order matched my reservation/preorder. Not too bothered at this point, because they're trying to make it right. I'm also OK with either the red/black they have coming in July, or if they can get the blue/Orchid I had ordered before then.

Proctor Acura in Tallahassee had one available which matched my order, told them they were insane when they said they require you to purchase a 2 year oil change plan, which overlaps the 2 years oil changes Acura is already providing.

However, working from home with a "running" car, I am able to wait a month.

Litflynt912

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Civic EXL HB 2023 Integra A Spec Tech
Funny you mention them - that's the very dealer that botched my order. (I was still living in Phoenix in March when I placed my reservation).
yes they were the least informative and I wound Up cancelling and getting an unallocated one from Peoria

Xhilr8n!

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Lotus Elise, Civic Si, Tundra, Tacoma, 720
At least you did not travel to Crewe and spec out a bespoke Bentley, wait a year only to have it sink to the bottom of the Atlantic with about 175 other ones. Imagine that grief.

No that was not me just a dream but it did happen to some people a few months back.

Decks515

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Thread is a bit dead, but the story deserves closure. The red car they supposedly put my name on had been ordered by someone else and I ended up waiting 4 months for a new blue with orchid. Wasn't too bothered since I work from home and wasn't in urgent need of another car. I also figured to get the same promise of MSRP with no mandatory add ons or market adjustment I'd have to order elsewhere anyway. I found out that they had just closed my file internally, and had to reopen it and prove I already paid the $500 reservation.

Unfortunately, I didn't save all my messages and Hannania Acura of Orange Park in Florida tried to force $3,000 onto it for worthless crap like vin etch and nitrogen filled tires. Ultimately, I ended up paying $1,000 over MSRP to those crooks because I'm tired of waiting, but will complain to Acura in the hopes their allocation is cut and will never set foot in that place again.

Waited 7 months from the reservation and 3 attempts to buy the car from them with their horrible internal communication.

This whole experience has proven to me that the laws that force manufacturers to use dealership franchises are outdated, need to be repealed, and direct to consumer sales needs to be allowed. I may never buy another Acura and it is entirely because of the dealer experience.

Xhilr8n!

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Lotus Elise, Civic Si, Tundra, Tacoma, 720
Hate that you have had this experience, but thanks for sharing it. I’d be livid too. Heck you can’t ask them to see the order before they send it to check if they can read. We just trust that they are paying attention.

But I think Honda are sending out whatever they can, knowing anything will sell to somebody.

The car business, the world have changed. Many dealers are powerless to get cars at all, and just have to take anything they can get. Our local dealer has classic cars and trucks in their showroom and on the lot just so it won’t look like they are closed.

I would have considered whether the Universe was steering me towards another path.

Decks515

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I do love the car, and I'm glad I got it. To me it's a lesson learned. I actually liked ordering since there was no urgent need, but I will never go there again and I'll get the price negotiation done, in writing, and signed with the order.

Since they'll all sell no matter where or which dealer they send them to in this market, I only hope the manufacturer uses feedback to determine how many the specific dealership gets.

pomegranate

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'22 Mazda 3 Hatch
Adding on, I don't think I'll be purchasing any car from a dealership anymore. Hoping more companies adopt the Tesla model. Got scammed at the dealership for my Mazda with a shit ton of add-ons and bullshit warranties. I had to call around and read dozens are articles about how dealerships cannot tie interest rates to banks and confirmed this with the bank and opened a complain through their end. Ultimately it was my fault for signing things without looking at every single detail, but I got most things refunded. There are probably so many customers paying for overpriced cars with 80-month loans is probably a lot more than we think.

Escobar929

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 BMW M2cs, 2023 Acura Integra
Adding on, I don't think I'll be purchasing any car from a dealership anymore. Hoping more companies adopt the Tesla model. Got scammed at the dealership for my Mazda with a shit ton of add-ons and bullshit warranties. I had to call around and read dozens are articles about how dealerships cannot tie interest rates to banks and confirmed this with the bank and opened a complain through their end. Ultimately it was my fault for signing things without looking at every single detail, but I got most things refunded. There are probably so many customers paying for overpriced cars with 80-month loans is probably a lot more than we think.
couldn't agree more, the dealership model really sucks. Having to deal w/ their BS, they try to add a million things to the car and when you say you dont want them, they tell you is company policy and can't be taken off. Then you say you are leaving and magically those policies go away.

I really wish more companies go the Tesla route and sell directly to customers. Ford has recently threaten their dealers for shady practices.

I've generally have had positive experiences w/ BMW dealership but thats hasn't been the case w/ Acura. I recently cancelled my order at one dealership and went to another and even this new one isn't all that great. They make the car buying process a huge hassle

Decks515

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
There are a few good dealerships out there, but they're few and far between. It's just become an accepted industry practice to gas-light, lie to, and scam their customers. Unfortunately there isn't much the manufacturer can do right now because the business model is regulated by law in every state. Tesla and Polestar were able to get around it because they were new and never sold any new vehicle through a dealership.

There are also benefits to the franchise dealership model. Processing trades, financing for those who don't get pre-qualified, extended warranty, gap, and a place to install accessories or service the vehicle are all valuable to many people. That said, the manufacturer needs direct to consumer new car sales, or a way to control the sale when a dealership sells new cars.

IronJoe

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Integra ASpec MT
I bought 2 Teslas in the last year and, while mostly easier than regular dealership purchase, the Tesla delivery experience is mostly shit. Just saying.

Also, I purchased an Integra ASpec Tech Manual at MSRP here in Florida. I also ended up with the all season floor mats (did think they came with the car) and black emblems at a super low price. Started shopping in the morning and took delivery the same night. So I guess it depends

Decks515

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I bought 2 Teslas in the last year and, while mostly easier than regular dealership purchase, the Tesla delivery experience is mostly shit. Just saying.

Also, I purchased an Integra ASpec Tech Manual at MSRP here in Florida. I also ended up with the all season floor mats (did think they came with the car) and black emblems at a super low price. Started shopping in the morning and took delivery the same night. So I guess it depends
I had been referred to some other Florida dealerships that had no markup other than mandatory floor and truck mats. I didn't wanna drive an uncomfortable car nearly 200 miles and wasn't in a rush. I made the mistake of trusting that mine would keep their word of no add-ons ... but in all the other issues and getting passed between reps I ended up deleting the text conversation where they said it and that scumbag "capitalized" on it.

But if sharing the experience costs Hannania even 1 customer, then I cost them more than they profited off of me.