Dealer Installed Bra Issues...Suggestions!?

warrendeath

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Type-R 'Hellbat'
The dealer installed bra (a lousy $999 cost) is bubbling in a few areas, with the biggest size around maybe a half a dime or so. I'm also seeing a tad bit of peeling at the edges, and around the odds/ends of the grille. Noticed it while I was cleaning my car, and now it always bugs me.

What is the 'appropriate' method of handling this? I have my method, but I wanted to talk to the forum, hopefully a well rounded, reasonable group of men/women. My first thing was to rip someone's head off for ruining my car...

What do you guys suggest? I'll post pictures to follow up.
Sponsored

stevescivic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type-R, 1990 CRX Si
Country flag
I would simply point out that the PPF film is not applied to your satisfaction and that it was a dealer installed item that it would fall Under a warranty for poor workmanship.

See what they say and let them have a chance to fix it.

OP
OP
warrendeath

warrendeath

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I have more pictures, but not much time at work to upload. I apologize!

rydereclipse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Type R #889, 2016 Honda Odessey Touring Elite, 2017 Fiat 124 Spyder Lusso
Country flag
Check your paperwork for a warranty...I can't imagine a $1000 PPF bra doesn't have a warranty of some type...and give them an opportunity to fix it...

If they give you resistance, escalate accordingly.

S2k_Dude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S2000
Country flag
They most likely will just have you bring the car in and the installer, most likely an independent contractor hired by the dealer, will address the problems. I've seen installers try hitting the area with a steam gun or a heat gun to try to get rid of the bubbles. Worst case they will poke a hole with a very fine needle or syringe to remove the trapped air. I've not seen an installer replace a large piece film for a tiny issue like what you've shown, if it's on a small piece then they might just try replacing it. You should have a warranty for the film and you should have it in writing.

(BTW, it's not a "Bra" bro, it's PPF or paint protection film, LOL.)

OP
OP
warrendeath

warrendeath

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
They most likely will just have you bring the car in and the installer, most likely an independent contractor hired by the dealer, will address the problems. I've seen installers try hitting the area with a steam gun or a heat gun to try to get rid of the bubbles. Worst case they will poke a hole with a very fine needle or syringe to remove the trapped air. I've not seen an installer replace a large piece film for a tiny issue like what you've shown, if it's on a small piece then they might just try replacing it. You should have a warranty for the film and you should have it in writing.

(BTW, it's not a "Bra" bro, it's PPF or paint protection film, LOL.)

You’re right. Just going off what the dealer and a few others called it. I do apologize.

PanvA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8 CW Civic Type R GT
Country flag
When was it installed? The solvent used for application contains alcohol and the wrap allows for "breathing", these (partly air) bubbles do go away as it evaporates. Depending on the ambient temperature it might take a week, might take a month. Try observing and measuring the biggest offenders for a while. I had my XPEL installed last week and i can see these going away just like they told me when picking it up.
Sponsored