Dealer holding Type R hostage

zroger73

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 MX-5 Miata GT-S, 2021 Ridgeline RTL-E
Country flag
"The car has not arrived at the dealership yet, per Bluesummers—they merely posted the expected VIN in texts. She says she was told by the General Manager that the truck with her Civic Type R on it had been by the dealership, but did not release the Civic Type R off the truck."

Why do I have a mental image of the transport truck slowing down on Loop 323 to turn into the dealership while the GM is standing out in the ditch angrily motioning for the truck to keep on driving down the road instead of stopping? :D

Katastrophe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Civic Sedan EX - 2014 VFR800F DLX
Wow, what the hell.

Honestly, I can understand the dealerships wanting to have the car to draw in customers...but at least be transparent about it upfront. If they can legally go through with this, they should at least give her some compensation.

Froz3nTundra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Accord Sport 2.0t 6MT
Glad she got her car and hopefully there was some additional compensation in the form of accessories or extra detail work included to smooth things over.

erbee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 Nissan Altima, 2004 BMW M3
Country flag
All of this just shows how unprofessional Honda dealer is .

OP
OP

zx2down

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Altima 2.5 S
Glad she got her car and hopefully there was some additional compensation in the form of accessories or extra detail work included to smooth things over.
Did she? Ive seen nothing to say she managed to get it yet.

zroger73

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 MX-5 Miata GT-S, 2021 Ridgeline RTL-E
Country flag
The GM just called me and we had a long talk. Alma is picking up her Type R now. Following that conversation, I have no doubt this was a learning experience for all involved and the effects will be long-lasting. They even attracted the attention of Anonymous.

Froz3nTundra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Accord Sport 2.0t 6MT
The GM just called me and we had a long talk. Alma is picking up her Type R now. Following that conversation, I have no doubt this was a learning experience for all involved and the effects will be long-lasting. They even attracted the attention of Anonymous.
Since this was likely the owner of the dealerships doing there will likely be no repercussions for anyone involved.

Dr_Drache

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 CRX - 2017 FK8 TypeR
Country flag
not to pry, but who are you that you can have a long conversation with this GM? and how is it the people who knew these people didn't put pressure on them until the social media storm?

OP
OP

zx2down

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Altima 2.5 S
Thats what happens when things get posted to /b/ and a few IRC chats lol.

THE! CrazyKiwi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like trucks coz I'm a truck guy.
Country flag
Beware weaponized autism....
Sponsored