Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Sport Hatch
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Hi new here,
Observed a nose from my 17 Civic Hatch sport almost sou ds like clunk or knocking noise, and when slowing down (not applying brakes) sounds similar to a piece of plastic stuck on the spoke of a bicycle wheel. Initial thoughts
wheel bearing - tech says nope
Cv's ans axle - tech says nope
Said can't replicate sound I made a recording of the sound let him NOPE can hear that test drove it he says, drove with him heared it says he can't even hear any thing fakkk are you deaf!? Back to the shop ohh beacuse you using AFTERMARKET wheels, brakes, and lugnuts thats whay the noise, ohh really why the heck you sell Enkei brand wheels on the floor?!!
This is the worst experience to date too much BS and not finding the cause, worst thing "because the warranty is almost out you want to get parts replace" he said really wow is that how they train technicians at Honda?
Sorry for the rant but not acceptable reasoning
Sponsored

nizarz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic LX
Country flag
Hi new here,
Observed a nose from my 17 Civic Hatch sport almost sou ds like clunk or knocking noise, and when slowing down (not applying brakes) sounds similar to a piece of plastic stuck on the spoke of a bicycle wheel. Initial thoughts
wheel bearing - tech says nope
Cv's ans axle - tech says nope
Said can't replicate sound I made a recording of the sound let him NOPE can hear that test drove it he says, drove with him heared it says he can't even hear any thing fakkk are you deaf!? Back to the shop ohh beacuse you using AFTERMARKET wheels, brakes, and lugnuts thats whay the noise, ohh really why the heck you sell Enkei brand wheels on the floor?!!
This is the worst experience to date too much BS and not finding the cause, worst thing "because the warranty is almost out you want to get parts replace" he said really wow is that how they train technicians at Honda?
Sorry for the rant but not acceptable reasoning
Get in touch with Honda Canada while checking a different dealer. I had issues with mine and once Honda Canada were advised the issue was sorted within 2 weeks.

OP
OP
revo2seven

revo2seven

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Sport Hatch
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
For sure I'll get a hold of Honda Canada if not for warranty and ease of location I'll definitely go to another dealer they are giving BS excuses not want to do the job and not listening properly to customer issue!

TheHorse13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic LX
Country flag
This would drive me nuts. I would jack the car up and spin the front wheels to see if I could reproduce the sound and pinpoint the location.

zspeed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Sport Hatchback FK7
Country flag
Same thing here. Blamed my wheel spacers for the ticking noise. I was like “how dafuq will a 5mm wheel spacer cause that problem?” Such incompetent techs. ??‍♂

OP
OP
revo2seven

revo2seven

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Sport Hatch
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
This would drive me nuts. I would jack the car up and spin the front wheels to see if I could reproduce the sound and pinpoint the location.
I did that and even video it the axle shaft has a lot of play in/out up/down and front back tech says thats normal to have play on the cv shafts i said huh?! REALLY normal for having play like that hmmm...

OP
OP
revo2seven

revo2seven

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Sport Hatch
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Same thing here. Blamed my wheel spacers for the ticking noise. I was like “how dafuq will a 5mm wheel spacer cause that problem?” Such incompetent techs. ??‍♂
100% come to think of it majority of people will try to customize their cars besides that we're the customers and they don't need to agrgue and tell us what they want to say give BS excuses, not dealing the real issue

turbo lover

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
Country flag
What does it sound like when you're driving it? Hoping to hear these: " clunk or knocking noise, and when slowing down (not applying brakes) sounds similar to a piece of plastic stuck on the spoke of a bicycle wheel".

I had a "plastic stuck in bicycle wheel" type sound. The first tech I took the car to said it was normal. The second tech a year later was much more helpful (still at the same dealer). They replaced my wheel bearings and that apparently helped a little but they still heard some sound. Eventually they replaced the entire transmission and the sound went away.

Phy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Civic HB ST, '18 Civic HB EX, '04 Ford Ranger
Country flag
Your second video could put me to sleep if it was longer. Rhythmic and weirdly soothing.

Anyway, my drivers side axle, with about 9k miles, moves maybe a millimeter in/out, but is rock solid every other direction.

OP
OP
revo2seven

revo2seven

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Sport Hatch
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
What does it sound like when you're driving it? Hoping to hear these: " clunk or knocking noise, and when slowing down (not applying brakes) sounds similar to a piece of plastic stuck on the spoke of a bicycle wheel".

I had a "plastic stuck in bicycle wheel" type sound. The first tech I took the car to said it was normal. The second tech a year later was much more helpful (still at the same dealer). They replaced my wheel bearings and that apparently helped a little but they still heard some sound. Eventually, they replaced the entire transmission and the sound went away.
going straight I can hear a very light hint of the sound, turning L/R a lot more noise is heard, the sound is a lot more when reversing to a parking lot and manipulating the steering wheel.

the "plastic stuck in a bicycle wheel" sound always happens when I let go of the gas of course the TECH says he can not hear anything pertaining to the sound, they check the brakes even blaming them because they are aftermarket.
Lucky for you that they replaced the transmission I just hope this will get severe and slap it to their face that they didn't listen to my concern.

OP
OP
revo2seven

revo2seven

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Sport Hatch
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Your second video could put me to sleep if it was longer. Rhythmic and weirdly soothing.

Anyway, my drivers side axle, with about 9k miles, moves maybe a millimeter in/out, but is rock solid every other direction.
My driver side is a lot worst L/R F/B in/out it makes a heck a lot of noise. Sorry if I disappoint you on the video :)

Phy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Civic HB ST, '18 Civic HB EX, '04 Ford Ranger
Country flag
My driver side is a lot worst L/R F/B in/out it makes a heck a lot of noise. Sorry if I disappoint you on the video :)
lol, make it one of those 10 hour repeat videos, wouldn't need a fan or sound machine anymore.
Sponsored