dark_knight097

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si
Country flag
would they be able to give me an accurate reading at 500 miles? I've almost put just about that much on this new oil. also should I mention on the sample paperwork that they put MOA additive into the engine?

I've been stress-testing the engine on Hecker Pass to see if I notice a diff in performance or smell something burning from the tailpipe.

I did at first smell something like a burning clutch but not the same. hard to explain.
If any wear on the internals did happen, any shavings or debris should be settled into the bottom of the oil pan or caught in the filter by now.

You don't have to but you can mention the MOA if you want. They'll be able to see all the contents of the oil through their test.

You probably won't notice any change in performance immediately unless it was really serve.
Sponsored

NHCivicGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 R
Country flag
I know this doesn't help the situation, but this is the exact reason why I do my own work if I can, at least for oil changes. Dealers cannot be trusted for even the most basic services. They usually put their entry level techs on this type of stuff, and sadly it shows.

stevessvt

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Modern Steel Metallic Civic Si
Country flag
Call Honda corporate like right now. Tell them you want to open a case file on this. You want answers on how this could happen and what they are going to do to help you in the future (or now) in case something happens to the motor.
Sponsored