Dealer car wash

edwanny

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Scion
Vehicle Showcase
Hello everyone, well this is my first brand new car and I really want to take good care of it. The dealer offered me unlimited free car wash but I'm a little skeptical about it, ive done it a few times but I just don't want for their machines or w.e. they do to ruin the paint job. I was wondering what do you guys think, any personal experience or opinion on this matter? Thanks.
Sponsored

Sushimaster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 2016 lx
Vehicle Showcase
Why not wash your car yourself? It's good for exercises, cheaper and fun when you can touch and look at your baby up close. If you dont have time and they hand wash your car and if the price is right then go for it, i don't trust machine.

mechatune

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2.slow
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Personally, I'd stay away. But I hand wash, all the time. Only me and my detailer can touch my paint. I would even state "Do not wash" on the job order.

timothyjay

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Vehicle Showcase
I wouldn't either. The dealer I got mine had different packages for it and I opted not to do it. I decided for this vehicle to take care of it myself, and went a little overboard with products: wash, sealant, waxes, sprays, polishers, etc. Lol, but doing that would give me a piece of mind and hopefully do the same for you.

david1pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring, MSM with Black Interior
Country flag
I would look into the mechanics of the wash. Is it touchless? Ask them how they filter/reuse their water? What chemicals are sprayed, and then make a decision. If you have a driveway and the physical ability and no laws due to water shortages (I just eliminated a good chunk of the car buying population right there), then I'd suggest washing your own. But let's be reasonable... not everyone can do that logistically.
Sponsored