Dealer Annoyance

philfry

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic Si, 2016 Honda HR-V EX
Country flag
So I'm going to pick up my EX-T in cosmic blue tomorrow. I stopped by to see it and noticed it had a front license plate holder installed. This civic was acquired by my local dealership from another one. I assume the other dealer was one of those that installed a front license plate advertisement. I can't stand the dealerships that feel the need to advertise all over new cars. I can deal with the license plate holder on the back having advertisements because it's easy to remove. I know this is a first world issue but now there will be 2 drill holes in the bumper cover. Just annoys me.
Sponsored

Fivenine

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic ex
So I'm going to pick up my EX-T in cosmic blue tomorrow. I stopped by to see it and noticed it had a front license plate holder installed. This civic was acquired by my local dealership from another one. I assume the other dealer was one of those that installed a front license plate advertisement. I can't stand the dealerships that feel the need to advertise all over new cars. I can deal with the license plate holder on the back having advertisements because it's easy to remove. I know this is a first world issue but now there will be 2 drill holes in the bumper cover. Just annoys me.
And you don't even get paid to be a rolling ad.

Riggsy77

2020 Hatch Sport M/T
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic Sport Hatch 6spd
Country flag
i live near the border of PA in NY and I see people from pa with the front license plate that just says a dealers name address phone number and email blah blah blah. It honestly looks awful so I can see your annoyance.

Billy4202

Banned
Banned
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 BNP Touring, '07 Mercury Milan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Had this happen to me too (bought in VA, live in WV), its a little annoying but with darker colors its really doesn't show too much.

corbygray528

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CR-Z
Country flag
I would tell them if they don't take the thing off before they give it to you they have to knock $500 off the sale price for an advertising fee.

OP
OP

philfry

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic Si, 2016 Honda HR-V EX
Country flag
I would tell them if they don't take the thing off before they give it to you they have to knock $500 off the sale price for an advertising fee.
So i talked to my salesman and he said they will remove the frame. He also mentioned that the civic now has pre-drilled holes for the front plate. That surprised me then I looked more closely and he is right. Did anyone else notice this?

Newflyer3

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
So i talked to my salesman and he said they will remove the frame. He also mentioned that the civic now has pre-drilled holes for the front plate. That surprised me then I looked more closely and he is right. Did anyone else notice this?
They're not predrilled from the factory. I live in AB where we don't need front plates and I have two dimples where you would drill holes but they're certainly filled.

dick w

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Civic Sedan Touring, '18 CR-V Touring AWD
Country flag
If you are in a state that doesn't require a front plate (Alabama, Arizona, Arkansas, Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Indiana, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Michigan, Mississippi, New Mexico. North Carolina, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, Tennessee, and West Virginia), then, yeah, this sucks because now you have the gaping holes in the front bumper rather than the almost invisible dimples. OTOH, if you are anywhere else, it takes about an extra five seconds to remove the dealer frames when you install the plates.
I looked more closely and he is right.
I think if you look at one fresh off the truck, you will find there are small dimples only.

deputy1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring Sedan
If you are in a state that doesn't require a front plate (Alabama, Arizona, Arkansas, Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Indiana, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Michigan, Mississippi, New Mexico. North Carolina, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, Tennessee, and West Virginia), then, yeah, this sucks because now you have the gaping holes in the front bumper rather than the almost invisible dimples. OTOH, if you are anywhere else, it takes about an extra five seconds to remove the dealer frames when you install the plates.

I think if you look at one fresh off the truck, you will find there are small dimples only.

Like corbygray stated, I always have the dealer remove all the references to the dealership from my car before I take possession. No way do I give them free advertising. That, or I want money deducted from the price for advertising for them. They always remove all references without hesitation.

dick w

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag

slowride

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 PMM Type-R
Country flag
This might be nitpicky for most, but I refused delivery of a car once because it had a front plate holder screwed in and my state doesn't require one.

dick w

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
This might be nitpicky for most, but I refused delivery of a car once because it had a front plate holder screwed in and my state doesn't require one.
Doesn't seem nitpicky to me. Would be hard to do it I'd waited several to many months as I have for many of the cars we've purchased. (Though if I lived somewhere where the front plates weren't required and was waiting for the car, we would have discussed this at length before the car ever got there so they understood my expectations.)

Gavnzdad

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
If you didn't ask for it to be put on, make them replace the bumper. I guarantee that when I bought my car if they would have done that, they would have been fixing it. Unless you live in a state that requires it, they look so tacky. Unless you say something, it's gonna bug you everyday when you see it.

dick w

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Replacing the bumper implies painting the new one, locally, to match.
Sponsored