Daniel644

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T Sedan, 2003 Trailblazer LS, 1999 Pontiac Firebird
Country flag
Another thing im, sick and tired that we have to pay extra money to a company to reprogram our computer.not just for extra power but to f
ur missing the point the car should go as soon as u push the gas.its 2020 and it seems there going backwards.i had Pontiac fiero with 145 hp auto when I touched the gas it went just like my trans am.on to the topic I put in s mode and there's no dead spot have to try tomorrow morning after the car sits over night
the car does go when you push the gas, it takes very little pedal for this car to start moving, I rarely press the throttle more then 25% and i scoot along just fine, you don't need to slam it to the floor to make it go and if you need to do that to pull into traffic then you weren't clear to pull into traffic in the first place.
Sponsored

red-line

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Sport
Country flag
Not sure if this is the same thing. Sometimes (soon after starting the car) it won't start rolling right away when I let off the brake. It happens in the morning when I stop on a slight incline. I let off the brake and about a second goes by, then it kicks into gear and starts rolling forward

jred721

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Accord Sport
Country flag
As @gtman already said, it's a delay in the CVT logic. These Civics throttle response is drive by wire and is entirely controlled via a computer. There is no physical linkage between the gas pedal and the throttle. I've felt this "dead spot" a lot of times before but putting it in S usually takes care of the issue for me. It can be annoying for sure but it just takes some getting used to.

daniellee789

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Hatchback EX
Country flag
It doesn't really bother me. I always floor it and I love the kick you feel when the turbo kicks in WHHHEEEEEEEEEEEE

ShanMan14

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
Country flag
This is really my only complaint with my '18 ST hatch. I preemptively hit the gas in anticipation of nothing happening immediately. :rolleyes:That's fine, but when you drive something else with quicker throttle response, you realize you have to adjust your habit.

Gruber

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Sport Touring; 2009 Honda CR-V EX-L
Country flag
The point is that it seems like you will actually start faster if you don't immediately mush the gas. I need to test this theory in 0-60 timings. It may also help avoid any wheel spin. You will at least not _feel_ any unexpected "dead spots" by making a controlled one by yourself.

There is an optimal rhythm to it. You get it rolling for a moment and only then push harder. Flooring the pedal on a dead stopped car just doesn't feel good with this powertrain. Even though it's mostly the CVT logic delay, the initial lack of turbo boost must be adding to it. You start with a NA 1.5L engine until it spools, because it must take a moment to build some exhaust pressure.

I delay my step on the pedal myself, so I don't see the built-in delay any more. I still can get ahead first every time I want, of course except when there is a truly faster car willing to race.
Sponsored