Maroco

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Honda civic lx 2020 civic si
Country flag
The factory battery in my 2010 SI lasted 9 years... they don’t make them like the used too :headbang:
Dang thats awesome. My 2012 died right at 30k miles. Again at 60k. Decided not to put a honda battery back in the 9th gen after that. Have an enterprise battery in it ever since. 184k now!
Sponsored

OP
OP
rushwal

rushwal

First Name
Trey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
The thing that hurts though is that I lost my lifetime MPG. My B trip meter hadn't been reset ever, and had my lifetime MPG for the vehicle so far.

DRuby

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Si, 2013 CR-V
Country flag
Battery is covered by 3yr/36K. Honda reportedly got a bad batch from the supplier on the earlier Civics, including the Si.

If it's covered, dealer will replace free of charge. Otherwise it's roughly 80-90 to replace on your own from a reputable supplier.
Do you know if a dead battery posts a code in the diagnostic memory?

ManitobaSI

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
So my car at wouldn’t start. First time was a weak turn over and then after that no turn over. Car would just flash all the light on the dash and make a clicking noise. Volts read 9 on ktuner. Jumped started it and no problem. Voltages read 14. Went for a drive and then turned off car at grocery store. Couldn’t turn back on. Had to get a jump. I’ll replace battery tomorrow. 16k km and it’s 2019. Never had a problem like thsi with Toyota lol.

MrJustin81

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si
Country flag
So my car at wouldn’t start. First time was a weak turn over and then after that no turn over. Car would just flash all the light on the dash and make a clicking noise. Volts read 9 on ktuner. Jumped started it and no problem. Voltages read 14. Went for a drive and then turned off car at grocery store. Couldn’t turn back on. Had to get a jump. I’ll replace battery tomorrow. 16k km and it’s 2019. Never had a problem like thsi with Toyota lol.
I’m a lucky one 2019 82,000 miles and no issues with battery as of yet, knock on wood. The head unit does some wonky shot sometimes, like not recognize CarPlay randomly then recognize it weeks later for now apparently reason. But I think that’s to having Honda hack and ktuner lite installed and it’s just not that powerful

fabrizzio71

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic SI Coupe White Orchid Pearl
Country flag
I’m a lucky one 2019 82,000 miles and no issues with battery as of yet, knock on wood. The head unit does some wonky shot sometimes, like not recognize CarPlay randomly then recognize it weeks later for now apparently reason. But I think that’s to having Honda hack and ktuner lite installed and it’s just not that powerful
Yeah…the batteries last about 3 years. Mine went with around 80 something thousand miles.

Just fyi, if you hard restart the head unit(long press of power button) it usually fixes any glitches upon restart. Also I found restarting my iphone fixes carplay issues.

jason510

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
Battery is covered by 3yr/36K. Honda reportedly got a bad batch from the supplier on the earlier Civics, including the Si.

If it's covered, dealer will replace free of charge. Otherwise it's roughly 80-90 to replace on your own from a reputable supplier.
$80-$90 for a battery for our cars? Seems cheap.

Hondanickx

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1998 civic hatch , 2018 civic sedan 1.5T
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Buy yourself a car battery load tester and check the battery every month or so .You'll catch a dieing battery before it completely goes out.I got a Ancel for aprox $30