De-chromed '16 Civic coupe

manhunt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hondas
Saw this on Jalopnik.

Honda Civic 10th gen De-chromed '16 Civic coupe 2016 civic coupe dechromed

How would the 2016 Honda Civic Coupe look without all that tacky chrome? Much, much better.

A little bad photoshop on my part was all it took to take the Middle American conservativism out of the Civic and put a little Japanese earnestness back in to the design. To replace some of the Ohio in the car (American Honda is based not far from lovely Columbus) with a bit of Japan. That’s the part that made everyone love Hondas and reject their bloated American rivals in the first place.
Sponsored

OP
OP

manhunt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hondas
Its a good start IMO, but needs wheels. Can't wait to see what the aftermarket can do with the new coupe.

takemorepills

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1987 Prelude Si
Country flag
The blackout looks good. But damn I think Honda outsourced their wheels to Pep Boys and they in turn commissioned the Insane Clown Posse to design them.

RSXer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 RSX
Call me crazy but the chrome stuff has started to grow on me. I probably still prefer a black chrome but the silver chrome doesn't look as bad to me anymore. Maybe it's just the coupe's great styling making it look better?

9thgenidiot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Honda Civic LX 2DR
Call me crazy but the chrome stuff has started to grow on me. I probably still prefer a black chrome but the silver chrome doesn't look as bad to me anymore. Maybe it's just the coupe's great styling making it look better?
Totally agree lol. I hated it at first, but now I like it on the coupe. Maybe it's just the blue color that works well with the chrome, but it must be the styling. I'll be keeping the trim on my coupe for sure.

H_P

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 Si
Totally agree lol. I hated it at first, but now I like it on the coupe. Maybe it's just the blue color that works well with the chrome, but it must be the styling. I'll be keeping the trim on my coupe for sure.
I don't like chrome on cars in general but there are certain colors that it actually looks better on than black parts. This blue color might be one of them. I think if you go with black trim on the blue, the wheels can't be that bright. Looks off together.
Sponsored