Reaction score
Website
fk8.clinic
Vehicle(s)
2018 Type R
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Honda Civic 10th gen datalo.gs beta: Upload, analyze, and share Hondata datalogs 1608366159387
Hi fam! I've created an online registration-free tool that allows you to upload FK8 FlashPro datalogs for advanced charting, automated issue identification, and sharing with anyone via a short URL. This tool will help everyone better understand what's going on with their R.
Honda Civic 10th gen datalo.gs beta: Upload, analyze, and share Hondata datalogs 1f913

You can find it at the awesomely named https://datalo.gs. You upload compressed FPDL files directly, no need to export to CSV.

I spend a lot of time every day looking at everyone's datalogs, and I found I was pretty much always looking for the same things with the same graphs. I'm also a software engineer, so I decided to make things easier for myself and others. There were several problems I wanted to tackle:
  • FlashProManager's graphs are dated. They're hugely beneficial, but lacking in visuals which can help identify trends faster.
  • Sharing datalogs is a pain in the ass, especially on Facebook or these forums. This gives you a short URL that you can bookmark or share with your tuner, friends, the forum, whoever. You can even download the original datalog. Example: https://datalo.gs/W3ceceu
  • There are no graph presets for the FK8. This leaves most owners not knowing where to even begin or not realizing there are certain important sensors that are specific to the FK8 like fuel pump duty and knock retard.
  • The ECU reports everything with double float precision, but FPM rounds everything and in an inconsistent manner. The most prominent example is with knock retard. If you have a KR of 0.75, it will round down to 0 in some places and round up to 1 in others. Things like air charge and fuel trims are accurate to 3 decimal points. Exporting to CSV is subject to even worse rounding issues. I reverse engineered Hondata's datalog format so I could access the raw values and properly display everything.
  • Many people don't know what the majority of these sensors represent or what to look for. The tool features automatic identification of issues like fuel pressure loss, a maxed out fuel pump, excessive knock retard, boost leaks, and other problems I regularly look for when I'm tuning. As of right now the analysis is hidden because I need to refine it with more data in order to not scare anyone, but it is already working in the background! Your datalogs help!

This is very much a beta and will probably have many bugs. It only works on a computer with Google Chrome, but I am working on making it more compatible.

There are several features planned, such as comparing logs, customizable charts, unit conversion, and playback mode. I am also working on adding LogR support.

You all can help by uploading your datalogs so I can confirm the math on the automated issue analysis and get that feature rolled out ASAP! Datalogs of your R actually experiencing issues would be best. Feel free to comment with a link to your interesting logs.

Enjoy, let me know what you think, and follow on IG @fk8clinic.

Honda Civic 10th gen datalo.gs beta: Upload, analyze, and share Hondata datalogs 1608366429124
Honda Civic 10th gen datalo.gs beta: Upload, analyze, and share Hondata datalogs 1608366398236

Status
Not open for further replies.