Dashcam Hardwire Help..?

GARz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Hatchback 2017 EX-L
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Recently purchased a dashcam kit for my hatch and a hardwire kit. Installed it to the fuse and it worked. Until I realized it never turned off. Had it connected to the radio, and DRL. Would always stay powered on when the ignition was off and the car was completely off and locked. I thought the hardwire cable was garbage, so I ended up getting another one. This one also kept the dashcam always on.

Switched with my wife's camera to test to make sure it's not my camera. Doesn't power off. Can someone tell me wtf is going on? I am connected to the radio fuse under the hood. I just want it to power on and off in sync with the car.

Maybe someone can point me into a better fuse to tap into...?
Sponsored

Joshv06

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic touring coupe
Country flag
Can't you just plug it into the switched ignition fuse? I think it's ACC... under the driver side dash.

Rickmeister 48

First Name
Overlord
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic ex-t
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I was looking at one of those add a circuit things and they were describing it as a good thing that it would keep the camera running all the time. I think that would be good, but can they do this without affecting the battery at all like they claim?
I'm new to this stuff, but want to get one.

Joshv06

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic touring coupe
Country flag
I was looking at one of those add a circuit things and they were describing it as a good thing that it would keep the camera running all the time. I think that would be good, but can they do this without affecting the battery at all like they claim?
I'm new to this stuff, but want to get one.
The add a circuit only makes it easier for the installation at the fuse area. It does not help with the battery drain. I run my camera 24/7 but I drive my car at least once every other day and I do not use the device that cuts voltage below a certain point. my camera also has a motion sensor which may help.
Sponsored