Dashboard Defects

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T
Hey CivicX!

Are any of you experiencing dips in your dashboard along the back where the soft touch plastic mets the hard plastic? It looks like they don't actually connect but just sit next to each other. I have about a 1cm dip just to the right of the instrument cluster shade. More and more defects guys, I am starting to regret my purchase. I really want to love this car.
Sponsored

Billy4202

Banned
Banned
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 BNP Touring, '07 Mercury Milan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Nah brotato chip, mine seems to have one of the better fit and finishes here reading amongst the CivicX crowd.

NorthernEX-T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Nah brotato chip, mine seems to have one of the better fit and finishes here reading amongst the CivicX crowd.
Same, I haven't noticed any of the bullshit fit and finish issues you guys are talking about.. Mines an early build too.. Take it to the dealer and complain! And also.. :postpics: Pleaseeee ;)

Billy4202

Banned
Banned
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 BNP Touring, '07 Mercury Milan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Same, I haven't noticed any of the bullshit fit and finish issues you guys are talking about.. Mines an early build too.. Take it to the dealer and complain! And also.. :postpics: Pleaseeee ;)
+1 on the pics. Really hard to tell what we're supposed to be looking at here. Mine was built like October, too.

skittles

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Hatchback Sport and 2013 370Z sport
Vehicle Showcase
Mmmmk, I just checked Skittles and I don't notice anything wrong. Take some pics so maybe we can see exactly what you're talking about...Seems normal to me.. Mine was built this past March. :dunno:

OP
OP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T
Here it is. Also noticed this there is a 1cm gap below the right bottom part of the touch screen and the center console where it sits flush on the left. More I clean this car and try to make it look nice the more things I'm finding.

Honda Civic 10th gen Dashboard Defects ima

OP
OP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T
That's where the air bag deploys from. You'll probably just need to live with it. It's something that the dealer won't fix.
That is directly to the right of the instrument cluster shade on the driver side. That's not where the airbag is at

OP
OP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T
Hey everyone. Wanted to give an update. Went to the dealer last Friday and spoke with the master tech and the service manager and what they had to do is take a ton of pictures and send it Honda. They want to help but since it's a quality control issue they're limited. I know some of this is because it will be a pain in the ass to replace but they're doing what they have to do to get the process stated.
Sponsored