mattyhops

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Sport Touring, 2016 CR-V EX-L, 2008 Accord LX
Country flag
If anyone is reading this thread, I'd be willing to buy an extra center channel speaker or go 50/50 on a set of two. I can ship the extra speaker to you once I get the package.

Sucks that we have to buy two of these to replace!

stevebinh

Stevebinh
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
If anyone is reading this thread, I'd be willing to buy an extra center channel speaker or go 50/50 on a set of two. I can ship the extra speaker to you once I get the package.

I'll be happy to go half with you on a speaker, I just have some questions about installation, do we need to upgrade anything or just get the speaker the harness and it runs off the oem amp

stevebinh

Stevebinh
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

Well I haven’t heard anything back so I decided to go pick up my own set because I got a discount on it and went halves with a friend.

DOZOIR

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic Si Coupe (lunar silver)
Country flag
I'll have an extra Infinity Reference REF-3032CFX 3-1/2" for the center since I had to order 2. I can run it down the street when it comes in. You can have it if you're looking to do audio upgrades.
How well did the Infinity Ref. 3.5 fit in the center dash? Impressions since upgrade? Thanks.

EP3R-T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 MR/MGM CB500F, 2018 WOP Si Sedan
Country flag
How well did the Infinity Ref. 3.5 fit in the center dash? Impressions since upgrade? Thanks.
It wasn't the best fit, I had to open up the mounting holes slightly on the speaker and I had to trim the plastic on the bottom of the speaker cover a bit also. I can't speak for only a center upgrade as I did the entire system at once, but overall the sound is fantastic.

EDIT: I used screws with smaller heads to allow me to tighten it down without warping the plastic trim. Added some pics as well

Honda Civic 10th gen Dash Speaker removal  - Premium Audio 1

Honda Civic 10th gen Dash Speaker removal  - Premium Audio 2

Honda Civic 10th gen Dash Speaker removal  - Premium Audio 3

Honda Civic 10th gen Dash Speaker removal  - Premium Audio 4

Last edited:

DOZOIR

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Thanks for the reply and detailed photos.
Where exactly did you trim the plastic on the speaker cover?

EP3R-T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Thanks for the reply and detailed photos.
Where exactly did you trim the plastic on the speaker cover?
In that first pic, there were two alignment pegs above the screw holes (looks like the plus sign) and then the entire ring area protruded a bit too far so I trimmed it down to allow for speaker excusion without it touching.

I still have the other speaker from my set if you want it, and I may still have a wire adapter too, I'd have to look and see.

DOZOIR

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
In that first pic, there were two alignment pegs above the screw holes (looks like the plus sign) and then the entire ring area protruded a bit too far so I trimmed it down to allow for speaker excusion without it touching.

I still have the other speaker from my set if you want it, and I may still have a wire adapter too, I'd have to look and see.
Thanks! I will consider it.

Syntek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PWP Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
How does one remove the Center dash speaker ?
Can it be removed without opening up the whole front radio panel ?

If the top speaker grill just pops out, where are the catches located, and what is the best way to remove it ??

Searched everywhere on this forum and on Youtube .. no info :(
gonna bump this. looks like the facebook link to the instructions is gone. Does anyone have an updated version on how to remove the center/dash speaker?

EP3R-T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
gonna bump this. looks like the facebook link to the instructions is gone. Does anyone have an updated version on how to remove the center/dash speaker?
It just pops out with little effort, there's no screws or anything holding the assembly down. Then 2 screws to remove the speaker from the plastic trim.

MaxPower

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si sedan ABM, 2017 CR-V EX, formerly 2005 Saab 9-2x, 1986 Prelude Si
Country flag
It just pops out with little effort, there's no screws or anything holding the assembly down. Then 2 screws to remove the speaker from the plastic trim.
Yeah, this. It is remarkably easy to remove. I used a plastic trim tool to pop off the cover, and then everything was pretty straightforward from there.

20BlackSi

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Sedan, 2021 Silverado 1500 RST
Country flag

Hello there! I know this is an old post but wanted to check to see if you still had an extra 3.5" center speaker that you weren't using before I order a set. I plan on upgrading the front door and perhaps the tweeters as well.

bikejog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Coupe. 2000 Honda Prelude (donated to charity).
Country flag
Hello there! I know this is an old post but wanted to check to see if you still had an extra 3.5" center speaker that you weren't using before I order a set. I plan on upgrading the front door and perhaps the tweeters as well.
If you don't get a reply, I have one "Infinity Reference 3032CFX- 3-1/2” brought in May 2021. PM me if you're interested.

btw, you don't necessary need to cut the speaker bracket like @EP3R-T did. That speaker mounting points are slightly wider than the factory mounting holes, but I just screw into the side (I think I just need to do it to one side) of the mounting post so I didn't need to modify the speaker at all.

EP3R-T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I don't have my extra one anymore, I ended up giving it away a few months back.
Sponsored