Dash Speaker removal - Premium Audio

SCOPESYS

First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic SI Coupe. . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Maxima Wagon. . . . . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Pulsar NX . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Maxima Wagon (2nd Donor Wagon for parts)
Country flag
How does one remove the Center dash speaker ?
Can it be removed without opening up the whole front radio panel ?

If the top speaker grill just pops out, where are the catches located, and what is the best way to remove it ??

Searched everywhere on this forum and on Youtube .. no info :(
Sponsored

OP
OP
SCOPESYS

SCOPESYS

First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic SI Coupe. . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Maxima Wagon. . . . . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Pulsar NX . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Maxima Wagon (2nd Donor Wagon for parts)
Country flag
Thanks so much !!!

I must have not been searching on EXACTLY the right combination of words...
This is perfect...

I already have the c2-350X and install kit... just did not want to risk breaking any catches by not removing the original one correctly ...

x6369x

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic EX Sedan
Country flag
:thumbsup:
I just scrolled to the bottom of the page:
Honda Civic 10th gen Dash Speaker removal  - Premium Audio upload_2019-3-28_20-13-40

CastorX

First Name
Balázs
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 1.5 Turbo Sport Plus
Country flag
How does one remove the Center dash speaker ?
Can it be removed without opening up the whole front radio panel ?

If the top speaker grill just pops out, where are the catches located, and what is the best way to remove it ??

Searched everywhere on this forum and on Youtube .. no info :(
Hi! What sounds do come from that speaker? Only the navigation info? Thanks in advance!

hicompb18c1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Sedan, 2018 Accord LX (wife's)
Country flag
Hi! What sounds do come from that speaker? Only the navigation info? Thanks in advance!
No, music also does come from that speaker but I think the factory DSP sends an unpleasant signal to it. I replaced my center speaker with a JL speaker and it sounds a little better.
I'm not sure what would happen if you just disconnected that speaker completely.

kperalta

AluminiumCivic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
No, music also does come from that speaker but I think the factory DSP sends an unpleasant signal to it. I replaced my center speaker with a JL speaker and it sounds a little better.
I'm not sure what would happen if you just disconnected that speaker completely.
You lose nav voice.

CastorX

First Name
Balázs
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 1.5 Turbo Sport Plus
Country flag
Thank you! And what do you think now? Does it worth it to spend (some) money and replace it or not? I'm planning to replace the bottom speakers in the front doors and was just thinking about replacing the center dash speaker too.

hicompb18c1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Sedan, 2018 Accord LX (wife's)
Country flag
Thank you! And what do you think now? Does it worth it to spend (some) money and replace it or not? I'm planning to replace the bottom speakers in the front doors and was just thinking about replacing the center dash speaker too.
If you're going to replace other speakers (especially high-quality front Tweeters), yes it's helpful to replace the center one too. By itself it won't make much difference though.

EP3R-T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 MR/MGM CB500F, 2018 WOP Si Sedan
Country flag
I don't think you how much this has helped me out!
I'll have an extra Infinity Reference REF-3032CFX 3-1/2" for the center since I had to order 2. I can run it down the street when it comes in. You can have it if you're looking to do audio upgrades.

Si_NSX904

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I'll have an extra Infinity Reference REF-3032CFX 3-1/2" for the center since I had to order 2. I can run it down the street when it comes in. You can have it if you're looking to do audio upgrades.
Damn, what part of Florida you in? I ordered a pair already and the speakers arrive tomorrow. We should get together and do some work or photos.

EP3R-T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Damn, what part of Florida you in? I ordered a pair already and the speakers arrive tomorrow. We should get together and do some work or photos.
Haha, this is Ken. I'm literally down the street. Mine won't be here until next week, though.

Si_NSX904

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Haha, this is Ken. I'm literally down the street. Mine won't be here until next week, though.
Hot damn, why didn't you tell me. We could've gone in together. That's the speaker I originally wanted. How work treating you today?

EP3R-T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Hot damn, why didn't you tell me. We could've gone in together. That's the speaker I originally wanted. How work treating you today?
It was a spur of the moment trigger pull. I've been doing a ton of homework and finally just said screw it. So far, so good. Hopefully it stays that way.
Sponsored